Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Horrible False Eyelashes Experience

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horrible False Eyelashes Experience
    Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 5:16am
I am not risking it.
Sponsored Links

Posh Ams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Posh Ams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 5:23am
I got mink individuals done for my wedding- cost me just over £100 and lasted 4-5 weeks. They looked super natural, as they matched my lashes perfectly- course and curly at the ends. Found another salon near my home where they only cost £50. For a while I was addicted, but have been lash free for a few months now. 
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 3:34am
^^^I use a thin angled eyeliner brush or one of those skinny brushes used for nail designs and apply the glue directly to my eye like a thin line of eye liner.  The warmth from my skin gets the glue tacky in a good amount of time.  Where as before I would always apply when the glue was still to wet and then it would get caught in my curly lashes etc etc. 

Then use my tweezers to apply lashes.  I have curly lashes so for me to put the glue on the strip did not work...I would end up with glue all over my freshly made up eye and eyelashes tryna lay the strip down.

I have found that I get the lashes placed where they need to go...because I already have the line there...and it's no mess on my lashes...I can maneuver the strip how I need to ..to lay it down.

Edited by newdiva1 - Nov 06 2012 at 3:39am
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:57am
Anyone have eyelash strip applying tips?

I cannot apply those things correctly at aaaaall.

I get the inner part right, the outer sticks out. I get the outer right, the inner sticks out. I let the glue air dry for 30 seconds, it barely sticks. I let the glue air dry for 10 seconds, it's too wet and won't dry and stick to my skin. The lash is too high so it looks ugly and it's like I got two rows of lashes.

AAAAAAAAAAAUGH! I hate applying those things because I can't do em right! DX
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 12:59am
my lashes don't always want to be tamed tho.  U know how u try to gel down cowlicks and they pop back up?  my lashes do that.  I'll clear mascara them down and be out and public and a lash will wiggle (i swear they wiggle) and break free of the hold and pop out in an odd direction....i'll slap myself in the face cause I think it's a bug.   My cousin laughs at me and my lashes hate me. *has a sad*
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 12:55am
^^^^^yes ma'am....it's very helpful.   *stoopid lashes*  *lash pokes me in the eye....runs to restroom holding abused eye*

Edited by newdiva1 - Nov 06 2012 at 12:55am
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 12:20am
Clear mascara...I should buy that
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 12:19am
^ mine be growing in all types of directions  Dead

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 12:17am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Horror stories every time I got lashes done. I tried 2 different locations just to test and I think I'm just not equipped for it. My natural eyelashes are bare to none and are already short. I also have the type of eyelashes that flip upside down and stick me in the eye...Yeah I know issues. Sometimes I get upset and want to pluck them all off because of the irritation of them sticking my eye ball.

So I said let me go and get them done. The weave shop was having a special one time at the location off of memorial drive for $10 on individuals. I went in, got them done and I thought I looked Luxurious. Batting my eyes every time I left the house. They used some kinda glue that had the eyelashes stuck for 2 months!!! I looked like a straight up fool with parts of the eyelash still on and other parts missing. It would've been nice for the parts that were missing to be at the ends but NOOOOOOOO the missing parts wanna be in the middle, with full individuals at the ends.Cry . I tried everything to get them off finally I couldn't take it and just yanked them off.

2nd time I got strips done at the nail salon. It looked nice but that last coat of glue or what ever they used was shinny as heck. It was some type of black bond that was super shiny like....remember when you were small and you made key chains(ex.cobra, or chinese stair case) out of lanyard. Imagine 2 strips of that black lanyard on my eyelashes. No maam it wasn't cute!!!

u are my lash twin.LOL  I will wear clear mascara just to gel them joints in the right direction.  thinkin' somethin is in your eye and it's your own body that has turned against u.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 12:11am
i have like no lashes at all

i wanted extensions but im afraid of the pricing  LOL

I use to wear strips like everyday for a year but grew tired of them. i bought the individuals and just couldnt get the hang of it. The rest of the pack is still sitting in my drawer

Its funny cause I have a whole lasy drawer. Just boxes of unused lashes I got from china. The bands on them are so thick though. They end up lifting on you if you dont wear enough glue
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic