Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Pressing
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BONE STRAIGHT NATURAL! Chasing with  2 brush clamp
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BONE STRAIGHT NATURAL! Chasing with 2 brush clamp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BONE STRAIGHT NATURAL! Chasing with 2 brush clamp
    Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 11:08am
yep
Sponsored Links

LaurenNicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurenNicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 7:40pm
dang! the video isn't there anymore. Is it just a brush that clamps like a flat iron?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:23pm
Thanks. You basically clamp it over a section of hair at the base and use the blow dryer to press against the vents/slats in the brush while you pull the brush towards your ends slowly. looks as though she's made her video private.

It just depends on your texture I guess. I used it to blow out. It definitely helped in me not having to get as close to my roots with the flat iron when i flat ironed after i blew out. It looks like my hair is straight growing out of my head which has never happened before. i always had waves at my roots.

My hair is pretty fine so once i blew it out using the clamp brush so i found i didnt need to use it to press. i touched up using it for my raggity ends some but other than that, if ur hair isn't super thick or super coarse im sure one or the other instead of both, using it to press AND blow out, would work.

Shardd:) View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shardd:) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 2:10pm
so how do you use this?  do you still have to blow our your hair? (video isnt working)
Shardd:) View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shardd:) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 2:04pm
oh WOW your hair is gorge! can't wait to purchase this!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:31pm

its the silkiest press i've ever gotten technically. it made my blow out so much better that i really didn't need to use it for pressing too. but if ur ends are split, the brush will snag a bit. 

i did use new pressing products as well a brand new flat iron too. but i will definitely attribute most of my success to the blow out using this tool. ur hair can't be too wet though or u will have to make several passes to blow it straight. i guess my hair isn't as porous as i thought. had to wait for it to get about 60% dry before i would get it dry in one pass.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 10:41pm
The one I got is softer than boar bristles so hopefully that won't be an issue. Its sort of directly between the texture of a soft brush and a hard brush.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 9:14pm
I've tried brushes like the video suggested in the past and it wasn't a good idea for my natural 4a/4b hair. @_@ Even after stretching my hair by blow drying first.

I actually just bought a chasing comb which I used to do a length check today and had pretty great results. Normally I don't use heat, but I stretched while blowdrying my hair in sections and then was able to easily (more or less as for some reason my crown ALWAYS has invisible tangles in it that aren't there in the rest of my head) flatiron with the chasing comb.

When I do use brushes, I usually use the paddle brushes that have a lot of space between the bristles. I have one from Conair and a couple from John Freida that work wonders for me. When I use brushes with boar bristles, it actually ends up snagging more hair.
solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 10:11am
Possibly but I'm used to air drying and flat ironing with a regular brush and my hair gets bone straight with two passes at the most. With this I had to pass with the comb then slowly pass two to three times with this brush.I'll continue to use it trying different techniques and products before I toss it aside.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 10:36pm
@solena, since you airdried instead of blew it out using the brush, i feel like it probably was less effective. i thought that was part of the efficiency of the design though. blow out tool + straightening enhancer, in that order.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic