Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about Stylist Etiquette & Referrals

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
FabLife_88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabLife_88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about Stylist Etiquette & Referrals
    Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 9:33pm
I have a wonderful nail tech and I refer people to her a lot. Most of them actually make appointments and go regularly. It would be nice if she offered a referral discount but she is in no way obligated to and I like her work so I will continue to go to her regardless.
Sponsored Links

NubiaDeuce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NubiaDeuce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 10:41am
soooo... OP can you style and cut U-parts?? Wink Big smile

bump the installation, i can do that myself lol but i cant cut to save my life. I wanted to contact a certain chicago youtuber, but she lives too far LOL
chidiva79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chidiva79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by beana3 beana3 wrote:

You are sending these stylists lots of people, but I would be careful about expecting discounts. A business savvy stylist would definitely provide a referral discount and it sounds like both stylists could use a lesson in client retention strategy.

Based on her $200 charge, *I* would give you $10 off per referral and max it at $50 off per install. That still a significant amount off and it shows she appreciates your business. or offer you half off a wash/maintenance appt...I think its dumb to be in a ord of mouth business and not have a referral rewards program set up.

I agree!Shocked
chidiva79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chidiva79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I would inquire about this upfront before sending clients her way.  If she is acting all wishy-washy, then don't bother.  I would hash out the details like what percentage discount you would get (if I was a stylist, I would offer something along the lines of 10-20%, depending on how many new clients I get but that is just me). 

I thought I did...but guess I should have been more clear LOL...I just know she won't be getting any add'l referrals from me Confused. The problem is some stylist are so simple minded...you would think they would look at the long term and client retention..
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 8:26pm
I would inquire about this upfront before sending clients her way.  If she is acting all wishy-washy, then don't bother.  I would hash out the details like what percentage discount you would get (if I was a stylist, I would offer something along the lines of 10-20%, depending on how many new clients I get but that is just me). 
beana3 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beana3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 6:16pm
You are sending these stylists lots of people, but I would be careful about expecting discounts. A business savvy stylist would definitely provide a referral discount and it sounds like both stylists could use a lesson in client retention strategy.

Based on her $200 charge, *I* would give you $10 off per referral and max it at $50 off per install. That still a significant amount off and it shows she appreciates your business. or offer you half off a wash/maintenance appt...I think its dumb to be in a ord of mouth business and not have a referral rewards program set up.
SelfMadeDiva12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SelfMadeDiva12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 5:36pm
I have the same issue going on right now. I think you should do like you said and just not send any more clients to that stylist. No need in putting even more money in their pocket when they are not willing to relieve your pockets any.
chidiva79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chidiva79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 4:51pm

Hey ladies...so I need your opinion about something. Whenever I get an install, I only get it installed. I never go back for a wash and they never style my hair. I cut, style and color my own hair. I just don't know how to braid so I can't self instally. Whenever someone see's my installs, they genearlly ask me who is my stylist. The last stylist I went to, I sent her 10 people in a matter of a 6 month period. These people all got sew ins and most of them were repeat customers. Not once did that stylist offer me any type of discount for a service nor did she ever say thank you. When I asked her about it..she said she would give me $10 off....which was an insult because I usually tip her $20. Each install was $200 per head...you can do the math. She was a little unprofessional w/ me and a few of my referrals, so I stop going and so did they. She would cancel the day of appts, not return calls or you would have to call her 5 times before she would answer. I shouldn't have to beg you to take my money.

I found a new stylist who again..only installs the hair as I cut, style , color and maintain my own hair. In a period of 3 mos, I have referred 6 clients..who have all went and got sew ins. I asked her if she provided referral discounts and she said she would give me something off. Well I got another install and she didn't provide any type of discount. WTH...why should I refer and send business to you??? What's the benefit to me????

I am no longer referring anyone to her. How do your stylist deal w/ referrals?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic