Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

5 THINGS BLACK WOMEN DID THIS WEEK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 21 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 THINGS BLACK WOMEN DID THIS WEEK
    Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by 313chick 313chick wrote:

I got a 4.0 this semester too... I was so excited when I aced my Organic Chemistry II final tho because all those allnighters were worth it. I was shocked that I did good in the class cuz I had a B- in it during my midterms. I just want to thank God Heart

congrats girl!!!
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 7:53pm
Move over Dora and Elmo! Doc McStuffins is here! ShockedTongue

The Friday 5: This Week’s Fabulous News About Black Women

HIV Rates Decreasing Among Black Women. After years of bad news, we recently got a little good news from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. According to the CDC, new infections among black women dropped by 21-percent between 2008 to 2010, and while the numbers of men and women contracting HIV is still too high, it’s nice to see a drop among black women. {Frugivore}

Garcelle Beauvais and Edwidge Danticat in talks to star in Jerry LaMothe’s film “Promise Keeper.” One of my favorite authors, Hatian-American writer Edwidge Danticat, and actress Garcelle Beauvais may soon hit the big screen in the film “Promise Keeper.” The film is about “two childhood best friends from Flatbush, Brooklyn, that spans over two decades, which showcases the vastly different directions they each takes in life. When one gets deported back to Haiti, the other takes his first ever visit to the island, in search of answers, only months after the tragic earthquake that devastates the country.” Sounds interesting!  {Shadow & Act}

Doc McStuffins doll is one of the most sought after Christmas gifts this year. We love Disney Channel’s cute cartoon Doc McStuffins, which shows a 6-year-old African American girl tending to her toys, and so do many young kids. Doc McStuffins, dolls are beating the competition (even Elmo) and are flying off store shelves this holiday season.  The toy is so popular this year, Gerrick Johnson, an analyst at BMO Capital Markets says, “It is almost impossible to find.” Dope! {theGrio}

Gabby Douglas named female athlete of the year by the Associated Press. Gabby Douglas is having a great year. She not only became the first  black gymnasts to win the all-around title at the Olympic Games, but she recently released a memoir about her experiences. Now, 16-year-old Douglas can add a new honor to her growing list: Female athlete of the year. The AP bestowed the honor on the gymnast because of her record-breaking win. Douglas became just  the fourth gymnast to win the award, and first since Mary Lou Retton in 1984. Congrats {theGrio}

Genoveva Anoman named Woman’s Footballer of the Year. Genoveva Anoman, of Equatorial Guinea, can add another trophy to her growing list. After leading her country’s women’s soccer team to the African Women’s Championship and her professional squad to the Frauen Bundesliga championship in Germany, Anoman won football’s highest honor: Woman Footballer of the Year. Anoman is a prolific scorer and led her German team in goals with 22 scored, a performance she replicated in the African Women’s Championship tourney. Kudos to her. {All Africa}

Doc McStuffins doll most sought after Christmas gift this year

Doc McStuffins, the star of this year’s breakout children’s show, has been officially dubbed the most sought after gift this holiday season.

The new doll has even unseated Elmo as this year’s must-have holiday toy.

The Disney series was introduced in March and has surpassed Dora the Explorer as the top-rated cable TV show for kids, reports the New York Daily News.

Doc McStuffins is a 6-year-old African-American girl who treats sick toys.

Chris Nee, the show’s creator, developed the show for her son, and said she didn’t realize how much Doc McStuffins would “inspire kids.”

Photo credit: YouTube

“McStuffins products are selling quickly,” said Adrienne O’Hara, a Toys “R” Us spokeswoman.

While hard to find in stores, some parents are turning to online sites such as eBay to cop the doll.  Online prices are reaching up the four times the $34.99 retail value.

Along with the Doc McStuffins doll, her doctor’s bag and the Doc’s friend Lambie are also included.

“It is almost impossible to find Doc McStuffins,” said Gerrick Johnson, an analyst at BMO Capital Markets.

Good luck if you’re in the market for the Doc McStuffins doll this holiday season!

Edited by Alias_Avi - Dec 21 2012 at 7:55pm
313chick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote 313chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 12:39pm
I got a 4.0 this semester too... I was so excited when I aced my Organic Chemistry II final tho because all those allnighters were worth it. I was shocked that I did good in the class cuz I had a B- in it during my midterms. I just want to thank God Heart
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Organic Organic wrote:

*ehem*

Can I add? I'm black and a woman (on most days...)

I aced all my finals -- so I'm still holding on to that 4.0 GPA. BRAP BRAP BRAP!!!

Yay me.

HugThumbs UpHeart
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 12:11pm
No she did not just...

Because of posts like that is why you are one of my fave BHM'ers, Epitome LOL

Thanks, CR!
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:54am

*ehem*

I aced all my finals -- so I'm still holding on to that 4.0 GPA. BRAP BRAP BRAP!!!

Yay me.

you better work!!

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 9:39am

*ehem*

Yay me.

ClapStar
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 9:37am
*ehem*

Yay me.

afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 8:50am
very, very interesting video, one of the best i have watched this year
Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinnamon_Mami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:12pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic