Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I don't know what moisturized hair feels like...?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I don't know what moisturized hair feels like...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I don't know what moisturized hair feels like...?
    Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 1:28pm
moisturized hair should feel soft. that's the only way i can conceptualize it. it shouldn't feel wet, because that would be wet hair, even though a lotta ppl seem to think that if you don't keep your hair a virtual rainforest you must be doing smtg wrong. Ouch
but yeah, just soft. it shouldn't feel like straw. basically. 
Sponsored Links

sidhealth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidhealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 5:33am
Lots of tips.
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 12:51am
it sound to me that your hair is both overly porous and protein overloaded. entry from my journal: 

"PROTEIN OVERLOAD is characterized by dry and hard hair. when moisturizing and conditioning, your hair will feel very soft and moist. it will take a while for your hair to dry, but once it dries it becomes very hard. in my experience, the outer cuticle layer is what felt dry and hard, but the inner layer still felt moisturized. with breakage, the hair snaps rather then stretches out, due to the small amounts of elasticity in the hair. a good way to tell the amount of elasticity in your hair is by doing the elasticity test. the hair also gets harder to detangle.

MOISTURE OVERLOAD is characterized by very moist hair that stretches too much, resulting in breakage. the hair will feel too soft and mushy. evaluating this is the easiest because it's symptoms is not like the other hair issues.

LOW POROSITY is associated with smooth cuticles that shinebut water doesn't enter easily. depending how much  water absorbed determines how long it'll take for the hair to dry. when water is absorbed properly the hair will take a long time to dry. if water isn't absorbed properly the hair will dry fast. and when moisturizing the hair, product has a hard time entering, usually resulting in creme laying on your strands. 

HIGH POROSITY acts like a sponge. moisture can easily enter, but easily exits. when the hair dries it dries, and quickly. hair cuticles will feel dry and also feel rigid, and not smooth. a good way to figure out porosity is see how long a strand of your hair floats in water.hair that has high porosity is usually has malnutrition."

if you don't want to do acv rinses, I recommend roux porosity control. kimmaytube's leave-in recipe also helps correct porosity. and the majority of the girls on this forum have naturally dry hair, that doesn't really mean anything. it's not possible for hair to be incapable of getting moisturized unless it's extremely damaged. the problem is your regimen. all the "moisturizing" deep conditioner paks you have are actually protein deep conditioners. and all protein treatments must be followed by a deep conditioner with no or minimum protein ingredients. examples, aubrey organics honeysuckle rose, queen helene cholesterol, keracare humectress, ect. 

the problem is you have too much protein in you your regimen and you have no ph correctors.  
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 11:25am
Originally posted by MissDomo MissDomo wrote:

I stopped doing ACV rinses for the time. I believe that my skin on my scalp and around it are too sensitive for apple cider vinegar. I think my hair is just naturally dry, but if it is protein overload why am I receiving large amounts of breakage still?

Thanks for all the replies!

Protein overload makes your hair more brittle so it can actually break more. Have you figured out what it was or found anything that works?
RedAdmiral101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedAdmiral101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 8:43am
Aloe vera juice!!! Add to your leave ins or conditioneers & use as a spritz. It helps by closing the cuticles (pH) I've been using it for years.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by MissDomo MissDomo wrote:

I stopped doing ACV rinses for the time. I believe that my skin on my scalp and around it are too sensitive for apple cider vinegar. I think my hair is just naturally dry, but if it is protein overload why am I receiving large amounts of breakage still?

ACV rinses are not meant for frequent usage. I only recommend them once every two weeks until your hair starts to hold moisture. Once my hair started to retain moisture for 3 days straight, I stopped the rinses. And I kept rinsing with cold water, but my hair cuticle just started to behave and close as it should. As of this post I have not done a ACV rinse in over a month. Also I use organic ACV......  You ask why your hair is breaking? Because it is not holding moisture dry hair equals weakened hair and weak hair leads to breakage. ACV is very mild unless you put to much in your mix. I drink it ACV daily it keeps colds away and other germs. My mix is 1/4 cup of ACV to 2 cups of bottled water or filtered water or 1 tablespoon to 2 cups of water. Pour over hair and let it sit only  3 minutes and rinse with cold, cold water. Then follow with your leave in conditioner. The ACV closes the cuticle and your leave in restores your PH balance. Well that is all I have in response to your questions. Blessings to you, hope you can stop your breakage, you possibly already have. Blessings!!!!!!

Note: Another trick I used to close my cuticle that I found works really well, if you keep bottled water in stock. I would rinse out my DC with bottle water. So my final rinse whatever that was I use bottle water to rinse out product. You hair feels amazing after rinsing with bottle water. This is a quick fix until you can purchase a water filter for your shower or sink. Water filters are the best for dry hair issues. Because many times the water we use is hard water which dries out hair out.

Edited by Veemack - Nov 17 2012 at 1:31pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Product suggestions please...after an AVC rinse?
Sorry just seeing this post. A deep moisturizing conditioner after your protein treatment in which you sit under a dryer will do just fine.
MissDomo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissDomo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 2:13pm

Edited by MissDomo - Nov 16 2012 at 2:15pm
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 12:06pm
Product suggestions please...after an AVC rinse?
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 11:59am
Protein especially the weak ones listed in the products the OP is using will rinse off of your hair strands very easily with shampoo. Contrary to popular beliefs protein is not usually the issue. You must get your hair to retain its moisture for more than just a day.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic