Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Catherine Marion hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
CrownRhoyale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrownRhoyale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Catherine Marion hair
    Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 8:08pm
I'd wait at least a month to do a proper review and decide to repurchase. After 2 days how can you really be sure that's it quality hair and really worth it?

I just perused the website and was initially impressed with the layout. Then I started reading details like "bohyme brazilian" and "coarse straight Indian hair". Oh no... not for those prices. 

We all know Bohyme hair is a hit or miss with a lot of people... so $280 for a hit or miss hair? IDK if that's a sound investment.

But what really caught my eye was the "virgin" indian coarse straight. The company blatantly lies and says their kinky straight is virgin coarse hair from Indian. Really? For real? Virgin hair with ripples and all?

People complain about BS hair everyday on these boards and I see why. We got to stop supporting these businesses who blatantly lie to and overcharge customers. 
Sponsored Links

lablackdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lablackdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:07pm
A lovely package of white, black and pink was handed to me containing the hair. I purchased the Boho in 14-16 inches. She asked me if I wanted to try her on while I was there...to me that shows confidence in her work. My hair was wet, and the temp dropped so I declined and ran back home.

*Quick side note* Abby the co owner was doing someones hair and it looked as if           she was prepping for a sew in. She cornrowed quite neatly and used average                    braids sizes. I am thinking a sew in for the summer.

Packaging:

A white box labeled with their logo and tied with a ribbon. The hair is wrapped in a hair net.

Wig construction:

The wig has a total of 3 combs...two around the u-part and one at the nape. It is sewn to an open weft base. There are straps to tighten the wig.

I think the wig was constructed very neatly. In my opinion the wig is best suited to be sewn down. It doesn't feel very secure without an additional something.

*Tips* The owners said not to feel like you can't pull the wig all the way to the front.          I used that method and the cap fit well.

Styling:
The wig comes with light layers and lightly curled...it falls into really pretty beach waves. It requires very little hair out on the sides. The u part can be moved around and I played with making it wider so I can part anywhere. The cut and style of the wig is very natural and well suited for the hair texture. The back of the u-part I think is hardest to do well and this wig is super flat no bulging in sight....gooooo Abby!

Wish list:
With all things there is a flip side my wish lists for the wig are as follows: side combs to wear without having to sew it down. Cap type options.

Customer service:
I have been pleased with the prompt replies to questions and there very supportive follow up. I have been sent care tips and was contacted asking if I have any questions. Many other hair buisnesses should take note. If someone spends money with you treat them well and like they are a person and not just an order number. The ladies at Catherine Marion do this expertly.

All in all I am pleased thus far. I will repurchase.

I have pictures. I called myself being prepared bought a camera open box from Best Buy and now have no power cable :(...the dang thing died as I took last pics. I will retake them
lablackdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lablackdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:42pm
So quick update.

I thought that I could cut down my waiting time by picking up the wig from her directly. I am still hoping that is the case.

I will remark about the customer service...it is really great! I saw online that my order had not been fulfilled yet the morning after my purchase and requested a longer length and to pick the wig up instead of dealing with mail (I live in BK not tryna have hair vanish).

She replied within minutes of my request and said that was fine and that I could pay the $10 difference once I picked it up...now that is customer service. Thing is she asked me if I was of with paying the difference when I see her and I said yes, but I have not recieved anything stating she recieve my reply. I may he funny like that, but I need feedback. I don't like to pester though so I will wait one more day and the 5-8 days deadline will be underway I will inquire then.

That's it for now ladies
lablackdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lablackdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 5:13pm
I haven't been in this forum in ages, but I just bought the Boho in 12-14inches I will post pics when I get her. As well as do a review of the hair and how it holds up.

I have heard that it can end up unruly in the back by the nape so my silicon mix will be on deck. I ordered yesterday. And have already recieved e-mails from the company.

Looks like you can track your hair also from the website after a purchase...at least you can tell if it's been shipped or not. I'm in NY so I don't think I will have to wait long
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 6:49am
Post some pics franana!!
franana85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote franana85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 1:07am
Wellllst after reading this review on the boho wig from this blog, Roots Don't Lie -->
http://rootsdontlie.blogspot.com/2012/09/product-review-catherine-marion-wig.html
I decided to get the boho wig, but when I went on the site I fell in LOVE with the Jessica wig because I wanted straight hair that still looked a little natural. I got right part 16 inches Ive had the wig for about 1 week now and it is the BEST. Let me tell you when I say I get stopped ALL the time with people saying stuff like, "is that your hair" and how wonderful my hair looks.
One of my biggest problems with wigs is that Im really picky when it comes to hair because I only use expensive hair, so thats why Ive been stalking hair forums for reviews as a lurker before I purchased from CM lol. Basically my overall review is that I really do love the quality of the hair. I condition it all the time and its so damn soft. The wig cap is Stretchy and fit me perfect that I don't even end up using the straps.
Anywho, the other thing I loved was the customer service, because my area was kinda effected by hurricane Sandy so I was afraid my package would be lost. When I email them they tried to locate my package and told me that if didnt end up receiving it I would get my money back. But i really wanted the wig not a refund so they actually ended up sending me a new wig because my package DID end up lost in the mail (that was seriously such a frustrating time of my life and my lights were out for a min. lol but I still wanted the hair I paid for though)
Funny thing is USPS ended up sendin me the original first wig, which I sent back to the company (i almost felt like keeping the second one cause my sister wanted it, but they wwere so nice that I felt bad).
Anyways, Im just gatherine up money now to get the boho.
Hope this helps you gurl!
NubiaDeuce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NubiaDeuce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 11:54am
sorry for your experience. i hope you contacted the company to let them know that the wig is misbehaving.
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 8:49am
Welp...
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 8:49am
Did you contact Abby with your problem? And which one did you buy?
naturallycurly123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturallycurly123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 8:21am
DO NOT BUY THE Catherine Marion WIGS!!!  seriously i am so disappointing by what I received in the mail I was just so shocked that these wigs were being sold and advertised for such a high price but yet the quality was not good at all!! The $20 La Jay wig I purchased early on the the year was so much better quality than this, I'm questioning if this is really even human hair or an imitation. The amount of hair that was shedding from the wig from the moment i opened the packaging was outrageous and the wig cap it was sewn on to is already falling apart even the color i ordered is off as well. Overall ladies my advice is look elsewhere because it is not worth your money. I wish someone out there had made a review like this about the Catherine Marion Wig before I went ahead and purchased mine because it would have stopped me from wasting my money!

Edited by naturallycurly123 - Nov 19 2012 at 9:53am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>