Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Mona View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to Forum/Bohyme Textured Smooth
    Posted: Apr 26 2004 at 4:13pm
[QUOTE=Tracy]

Mona,

How many bags do you use for a full head weave?  When I ordered the Velvet luster it was too straight and thin, I would have needed 3 bags to make it full enough.

Since the Textured Smooth is yaky textured do you think 2 bags would be enough?

Hi Tracy

When I order Textured Smooth, I always order 3 bags but use about 2 1/2. Textured Smooth has way more texture than the Velvet Luster. Personally, I dont know why they call it Velvet Luster/Yaki for it is far from Yaki. I always use at least 2 1/2 bags because I hate a thin weave. Textured Smooth doesnt have the crimps in it that some traditional yaki has. It is very smooth texture of hair. It truly resembles hair that has had a good relaxer, without being or having that silky straight look. Anytime Im ordering a new texture of hair or ordering from a new company, I always order samples first or one strip of their hand-tied in the same texture I intend to order so I can see the texture of. I find this to be less expensive than ordering the full amount needed and it not be what I want. If you have anymore questions, I am more than happy to answer them for you.

Happy Weaving ,

Mona 

Sponsored Links

essence View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2004 at 12:49pm
Did I read correctly....You have been reusing the same hair for 2 years!!!! Wow where can I get some of that ;)

Originally posted by Mona Mona wrote:

Hi!

Your sentence wasnt mean at all. I bought more hair because I had the hair cut into layers and after using it at least 3 times, decided I wanted to go with a longer style. The hair has been shampooed, conditioned, and dried. It is ready to use the next time I want a layered style. The hair is truly worth the investment!! The right products also help to maintain the hair's useability. I use only KeraCare products on the hair and rollerset when its shampooed. Blowdrying will damage weave hair just as it will damage natural hair. I normally re-weave every 2 1/2 to 3 months. Its usually every 3 months.

Mona

Tracy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2004 at 12:34pm

Mona,

How many bags do you use for a full head weave?  When I ordered the Velvet luster it was too straight and thin, I would have needed 3 bags to make it full enough.

Since the Textured Smooth is yaky textured do you think 2 bags would be enough?

Mona View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2004 at 10:54pm

Hi!

Your sentence wasnt mean at all. I bought more hair because I had the hair cut into layers and after using it at least 3 times, decided I wanted to go with a longer style. The hair has been shampooed, conditioned, and dried. It is ready to use the next time I want a layered style. The hair is truly worth the investment!! The right products also help to maintain the hair's useability.  I use only KeraCare products on the hair and rollerset when its shampooed. Blowdrying will damage weave hair just as it will damage natural hair. I normally re-weave every 2 1/2 to 3 months. Its usually every 3 months.

Mona

Dallas2004 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2004 at 9:34pm

Ahhh, thank you so much.  I have been in the process of looking. 

So the hair is still in good condition after two years, eh?  What made you buy more hair if I may ask?  That previous sentence doesn't sound as mean and direct as it might, I'm sorry.   I just wanted to know how well the textured smooth will hold up after a couple of years.  You have resued the hair more than once, right?  How long do you normally keep it in at a time?

BrownEyedGirl View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2004 at 4:41pm

Honestly, I need some hair really bad.  And I want to know where can I purchase the Textured Smooth Bohyme Hair. 

Mona View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2004 at 4:25pm

Hello All!

I am so happy to have found a forum that addresses all aspects of haircare. I have been reading through and see several of you have used the Bohyme Weaving Hair. I have been using Bohyme in Textured Smooth for about 2 years now. I absolutely love it. I order from Outlethair in Atlanta,Ga. I re-weaved my hair in March and noticed a slight difference in the hair. I noticed the hair to be a little silkier than normal. I immediately called Outlet Hair and spoke with Joe. He informed me that I wasnt crazy and the Bohyme company had processed the last batch of Textured Smooth too silky. He informed me that he was working to get the problem rectified. I wanted to share this with some of you who may be considering ordering from them soon. Hopefully this problem will be corrected. I am going to make the hair work until I can find some that is processed properly.  I will be in touch with Joe and keep you all updated. Bohyme is an EXCELLENT hair and I have some that has been around since two years ago and is still in good condition. However, it is TOO costly for errors and I felt it necessary to caution you on its existing problem.

Happy Weaving,

Mona

Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic