FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pool side protection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pool side protection
    Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:36am
When I swim at the beach, I wash my hair at the showers every time after I swim, so the salt won't remain in my hair for a long time. Also, I try to do some deep conditioning the night before going to the beach and after I come back, so my hair won't be dry and frizzy.
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 5:34pm
I remember seeing a video on Napptural85's channel about generously applying a conditioner and sealing with an oil shortly before swimming if you plan to swim.
She mentioned something about the conditioner forming a barrier between the chlorine and your hair.

You know what? Scratch that, here's the video.

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 9:50am
Will a sulfate-free shampoo get rid of chlorine water?
NoirPur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoirPur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

This was on curlynikki:

Key Tips
  • Rinse your hair with tap water before you get in the pool.
  • Don't wear a swim cap if it pulls too tightly or rips out your hair at the hairline.
  • Always shampoo after you swim, chlorine does not rinse out.
Step 1: Always rinse your hair in the shower before getting in the pool. If your hair is "filled up" with clean tap water it won't be able to absorb as much chlorinated pool water. There's usually a shower right near the pool that you can use to rinse your hair before and after diving in.

Step 2: Apply a thorough coating of a silicone serum to your dripping wet hair. The serum will help protect your hair from the force of the water. Choose an inexpensive serum like John Frieda Frizz-Ease Original Serum, $7.50.

Step 3: (Optional) Put on a swim cap. Many swim caps are so tight that they pull your hair out when you take them on and off. Try a Speedo Silicone Swim Cap, $7.99. If a swim cap causes you to lose hair, don't use it. Just let your strands hang free instead.

Step 4: After you swim, rinse your hair with tap water again. It's best to wear a hat if you plan to stay in the sun after you exit the pool.

Step 5: Always shampoo your hair after you're done swimming for the day. It's important to use a shampoo that gets rid of chlorine and mineral build up. If your regular shampoo contains EDTA or Phytic Acid it will provide thorough enough cleansing. If your regular shampoo doesn't contain EDTA or Phytic Acid, buy UltraSwim Chlorine Removal Shampoo, $15.21 for a pack of 4 ($4.99 each MSRP) for pool days.

I needed this... Apparently I've been doing it wrong since I have been only co-washing during the week and shampooing once a week smh my poor hair. 
Farris22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farris22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2013 at 1:31am
Well there are many other treatments for hair care after swimming because the pool water is chlorine mixed and that is effect to hairs. But if you use some natural therapies to them then I think you can prevent them. 

Edited by Farris22 - Sep 03 2013 at 1:34am
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I used to slather my hair with cholesterol and covered my hair up with several shower caps, scarves and swim cap.  Looked a plum fool but at least my hair wasn't damaged...much.  I also carried with me the swimmers shampoo with me.

I had a shower cap under a scarf last weekend when I took the family to the waterpark...no shame to my game eitherLOL
I think I will pick up the serum.  I used Frieda products early in my natural journey so I like that product line already.

tSyvione View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tSyvione Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 11:20pm
I shampoo and condition with Garnier Fructis (for fragile hair/hard to grow) Then use John Freida's Frizz ease serum.  I never use a blow dryer.  I use a thin towel and twist it around my head until my hair is almost dry.  my hair comes out very straight. I have relaxed 4 type hair
LetMeFixMyHurr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetMeFixMyHurr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 11:03pm
I wet my hair down, apply the sun masque made by Paul mitchell, then use the sun protection spray also by Paul Mitchell... they are new products that just came out and they protect your hair from UV (both types) rays
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I used to slather my hair with cholesterol and covered my hair up with several shower caps, scarves and swim cap.  Looked a plum fool but at least my hair wasn't damaged...much.  I also carried with me the swimmers shampoo with me.
LOL
But that's what's important.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2012 at 11:22pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic