Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

How to make Your Wig Look its BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 34>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

MyFashionHair.com

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make Your Wig Look its BEST
    Posted: Apr 14 2015 at 7:19pm
Well - Here we go again. This posting is an update on the braided wig.

I wore it yesterday for a longer period of time and flaws showed up that I did not notice at first.

I made several mistakes, mistakes I should have KNOWN better. First off, I did not put any hair spray on the wig so when I was out for a longer period of time, the wig was flopping up and down like a fish.

Why did I put on my hairspray. That is a basic mistake and once again I should have known better.

1) As usual all these wigs require tweaking. This time when I had on the wig longer, one side is fuller. That is how the wig is one side is fuller. The fuller side is too full. I needed to thin it out (thin out on the underneath layer. The reason you thin the wig by cutting the layers at the bottom is because if you make a mistake it won't show on the top layers.

2)The braids are the top layers only and I noticed that the hair has to be brushed so it looks like all braids. If you pay attention you can kind of tell that the entire wig is not braids.

3) Would I buy it again, yes.

4) The part, was okay in the front, but I put it as close as possible then put some gel on my edges and sort of brushed my hair in a downward pattern.

5) Would I buy it again??? I know the hair spray will make a difference and I also put some gel on the Swoop bang I made to make it stay firm.

I'll report back, what I did was put the wig on my wig head (used T pins to secure), put hair spray on it, and I'll wear it again later this week

Edited by sunshine321511 - Apr 14 2015 at 7:27pm
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2015 at 9:21am
This is an update on the braided wig I mentioned about two pages back. I wore it again today and I realized that I needed it to pull it a little more forward to the front. This means that I was not able to have the wig at the base of the neck. I had to place the wig about one inch above the base of the neck.

You ask did it show? No the hair is longer in the back so no one could see the gap in the back.

Understand you must wear some king of wig cap or black dome cap, I wear the men's dome cap because 1- I have gray hair and with a normal wig cap if Sat the tracks show for a second the person just sees black base no gray hair showing through 2- the dome caps last 100 times longer and I can wash and wear them.

I am still very pleased with the wig and recommend for my sister's who want to wear a wig but don't want it to shout Wig Alert this is the wig for you.

The shorter wig that I purchased - Zury Sis Lace Front Wig SWIRL (Afro Lace Braid)

Site to purchase - Ebonyline

COLORS - Zury colors run DARK, if you are not a jet black do not order a 1, I ordered a color 2.

SHIINE - requires toning down the shine.

The video below is for the longer version this is just showing you what the wig looks similar too, the shorter wig is more loose curls as pictured on ebonyline.

The link to the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azu3t9k808A&index=20&list=PL3D832366733F31FF

Edited by sunshine321511 - Apr 05 2015 at 12:45pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 4:39pm
Response from coworkers - I'm be honest, the white people looked and some said a few comments that it looked nice, but I think the professional appearance and how I styled it made a difference.

I would try and make the scarf or turban as part of your outfit. I'm going to post some idea from pinterest page.

Here is the link - of fashion ideas on how to wear your turban to work.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/423056958722140991/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/423056958721267255/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/423056958721261612/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/423056958722479810/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/423056958722479781/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/423056958722456994/
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 4:27pm
Well Wig Sisters - I mentioned in my last few posts that I am getting into turbans and wearing scarves to work. The purpose is to have a break from the wigs. Well I wore a turban to work last week and it went quite well. Please see the details below:

1) I work in an office, I ordered a turban and matching scarf from the website called Turbandiva.com

The turban was a jersey fabric with a black background and other colors. I wore it with a black turtleneck and black skirt. I wore my makeup and dressy earrings. I was quite pleased and it was easy.

Comfort - First off, you have to measure your head, I am a big head person so I told the vendor my measurements of 23 1/2 and had a custom order, normal turbans seem to be around 21-23. Plus I did not want it to be tight because I did not want to be uncomfortable at work.

Professional appearance - well it really depends where you work at, I work in an office where I could wear it. But if you are in a law firm or in an office where dress codes are strict, I recommend that you order a matching set (turban/scarf) and wear it on a Friday.

Here is the link - http://www.turbandiva.com/TURBAN-SETS-by-COLOR_c_36.html

The sets are by the color you desire.

Price - Yes it is pricy, but I am the type of person, either I want it or not. I wanted a professional look and I also wanted something that I can wear over and over for years.

Fullness - Yes, I did wear a volumizer under my turban, this is something that a lot of Iran/muslim women wear. This helps me because my turban looked like I had a full head of hair and not thin flat hair. This is not a must, but an option.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2015 at 7:54am
Also as a sidenote, many people are not just wrapping their scarves on they are using pins of some kind at the under layers to help it stay secure the entire day.

I have been practicing at home with my scarves and turbans and FOR ME, with typing, moving etc, I found that the safety pins ARE REQUIRED if you plan to keep it on all day at work for say 8 - 10 hours. Now running to the mall is one thing but all day at work is another.

Also, I found that regular scarves work very well, I will post some cheap ebay places I found scarves at.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Feb 28 2015 at 9:16am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2015 at 7:36am
Here are a few link to videos I have watched showing how to wrap the turbans on your head, I know many of you might know this already but the videos are educational. Also, as I've stated in a few past postings, I can not attach a direct link anymore, I don't know why I just stop working on my computer. But I will paste the links below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niCcCWbO5mw&index=36&list=PLPSTsyrUsP_dFyPJYUenVCvwU8dKt0BmX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bJA7P3blD4&index=34&list=PLPSTsyrUsP_dFyPJYUenVCvwU8dKt0BmX

Here are all my saved videos regarding hair wrapping - well I hope this inspires you and helps.

If I can wear a turban at least say 1 time a week in the spring/summer I know that will give my wigs a "break" and give me a "break from the wigs. Sometimes you just get tired of wearing them but at the same time, I don't want to perm my hair or color it.

all the videos link --

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPSTsyrUsP_dFyPJYUenVCvwU8dKt0BmX
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2015 at 7:31am
What other items have I found. Well, as you know I only perm my edges on occasion and with the gray in the front I have been wearing my bob bang wig since January because I don't want to dye my edges that much either.

I wanted to learn how to wear my turban at work and yet looks stylish, so I discovered that many of the Muslim women are wearing "FILLERS' under their scarfs. This makes it look fuller and not so flat to the scalp. Here is the product some of them use. It is called a filler, I am sorry it is out of stock now at wrapunzel. It is a scarf with foam at the base in the back.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2015 at 7:26am
Ladies - I have been wearing a wig product for the last few weeks and I wanted to share it with you.

It is not made specifically for wigs. It is called a no slip band. I found it when I started researching about wearing turbans as an option to wearing my wig to work sometimes.

I'm going to explain step by step and I'm going to provide links.

This is how it started, I was on you tube and found many of the jewish and muslims ladies sites where they wear their turbans. I wondered how could I make this work. One of the ladies has a store called "wrapunzel" where she sells the items they use.

One of the items is called a no slip band, you wrap it around your head and it prevents the scarf from sliding back, well it also prevents a wig with bangs from sliding back also.

Here is the link - Cost 10.00
http://wrapunzel.com/shop/no-slip-headband/

There are other wig no slip bands but they cost 20.00 and I said, no let me TRY the cheaper one first and it does work.

BUT LET ME CLARITY - This does not mean that you should go out with no pins in your wig. I still use two pins in the back and two on the side. It is just that with the bob with that I am wearing I don't have to use a wig in the front to prevent the wig from moving in the BANG area.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Feb 28 2015 at 9:13am
CammiCutie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CammiCutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2015 at 1:53am
Great sharing.Thanks!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2015 at 11:03am
Okay, today I am home but I decided to wear the braided wig all day to see if anything "funny" happened. Meaning, would the lace itch my hair, how did the curls fall, etc.

Okay, today I attempted to thin out the part, I found that when you tweak the part, you will have little stray hair which I had to cut.

Also, I advise anyone who thinks about buying this wig, do NOT run your fingers through the curls, the hair just gets bigger. Not at the top but at the bottom.

Please understand, the top of the wig is individuals that are kind of tacked down, meaning you can not change the part, you can only adjust how you put the wig on your head.

That is GOOD because the problem with the other braided wigs I purchased from the African braiders is...the braids are loose moving individuals like when your own hair is braided. They did not know the ends so the individuals could unravel.

This wig, the individuals are tacked at the bottom so they CAN NOT UNRAVEL.

Also, I noticed that when I applied the concealer on the top, I was sloppy and some got on the hair, next time, I will put the concealer on the underside of the wig.

But I will say, this is the best wig yet, meaning...when you don't want to have to do much tweaking, when you just want to get up, bath and go to work, this is the wig.

If you are embarrassed to wear a wig, or feel scared this is the best wig because it looks very similar to braids which is a comfort. You won't feel like you are the "center" of attention as much because a lot of black women wear braids.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 34>
  Share Topic