FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How to make Your Wig Look its BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CammiCutie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CammiCutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make Your Wig Look its BEST
    Posted: Jan 05 2015 at 1:53am
Great sharing.Thanks!
Sponsored Links

sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2015 at 11:03am
Okay, today I am home but I decided to wear the braided wig all day to see if anything "funny" happened. Meaning, would the lace itch my hair, how did the curls fall, etc.

Okay, today I attempted to thin out the part, I found that when you tweak the part, you will have little stray hair which I had to cut.

Also, I advise anyone who thinks about buying this wig, do NOT run your fingers through the curls, the hair just gets bigger. Not at the top but at the bottom.

Please understand, the top of the wig is individuals that are kind of tacked down, meaning you can not change the part, you can only adjust how you put the wig on your head.

That is GOOD because the problem with the other braided wigs I purchased from the African braiders is...the braids are loose moving individuals like when your own hair is braided. They did not know the ends so the individuals could unravel.

This wig, the individuals are tacked at the bottom so they CAN NOT UNRAVEL.

Also, I noticed that when I applied the concealer on the top, I was sloppy and some got on the hair, next time, I will put the concealer on the underside of the wig.

But I will say, this is the best wig yet, meaning...when you don't want to have to do much tweaking, when you just want to get up, bath and go to work, this is the wig.

If you are embarrassed to wear a wig, or feel scared this is the best wig because it looks very similar to braids which is a comfort. You won't feel like you are the "center" of attention as much because a lot of black women wear braids.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2014 at 1:46pm
I had to go try the wig on again, I am FLOORED.

Questions:
1) Does it look exactly like braids???

It looks close, the part is a lace wig part where you would need to add concealer. If you have ever had real individuals you know how the braids are individual so you would see that at the part, with the wig, you see the individuals but they lay down flat.

2) How long is it and can I wear it to work or for dressy affairs?

The wig has loose curls, I did not run my hands through the curls because I did not want to loosen the curls. I am estimating that it is about 3-4 inches below my shoulder.

This wig can be worn anywear, a wedding, etc.   The wig has a part and I pulled it more to the side to have a scoop effect.

3) How do the colored wigs look?
I only ordered color 2 so I'm not sure, the wig has a lot of various colors. I will probably order a 1B/33 to see but I'm not sure how the blond colors look.

4) Could a older woman wear this wig?
Yes, if the wig is too long for you with the curls, it could be cut shorter to a bob length.

5) Could a college girl or teen wear this wig?
Yes, they would just wear it at the longer length.

6) Could I pin up this wig to an updo?
I'm not sure, I think you could put it in a low ponytail at the nape of the neck, but I don't think you can pin it up to a high head ponytail.

7) Could I do a side ponytail?
I would be short, but it you want to do a long side pontail, I'd order the longer Zury Braided wig called Jerry for that purpose because that wig is a lot longer?

8) Could I get married in this wig with a wedding veil?
Yes you could because with the side part, the hair is forward on one side which would show and flow down to your shoulder with your dress.

9) Could you swim in this wig?
Well, if I was going on a vacation, I would wear this wig but I'm not sure how it will looked once completely soaked and wet. I would take a second wig to wear and just wear one wig for swimming and one wig for pictures etc.

10) Could this be a permanent wig?
This wig could be MY PERMANENT WIG, I'm not sure if this wig will last for say 3 months if you wear it everyday but if I wanted to wear this STYLE wig for say one year straight YOU COULD. If you order it and like it, I would order several and then just trash the wig as it got older.

This is the perfect wig for a lady who wants to wear wigs but does not want it to be too attention getting because it is braids.

11) How many should I order?
I'd say just order ONE, see how YOU LIKE IT. Then wear it and see if the lace is too harsh for you. I've made that mistake ordering several wigs based on reviews and then it did not work for me. Right now the price is 47.00 online, I'm going to look as see if I can find it any cheaper. But I'm fine with the price if I can't find it any cheaper.

Well I hope this HELPS!!!

Edited by sunshine321511 - Dec 31 2014 at 1:57pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2014 at 1:27pm
Ladies - I got the braided wig TODAY. Oh MY GOODNESS.

THIS IS MY NEW STAPLE WIG...HERE IS MY REVIEW.

The individuals are a medium size and only the top 3-4 layers of the wig. That is FINE because when you have the wig on ...no one can see the bottom layers anyway.

Here is my detailed review....COLOR - Zury color's run dark. I ordered a color 2 and it looks like a 1B....LACE WIG, I cut the lace as close as I could and it blends well....This wig has a part on the side and I placed it on the side when I applied it....MY HAIR - I did not have to have ANY of my hair out, NONE!!!. I did put it as close to my edges as I could and be putting the part on the side, you really see no hair because it crosses your forehead. On the right side a little edges showed and I put gel, This WIG IS BIG HEAD FRIENDLY, It fits me well....SHINE...This wig has a slight shine and I toned it down by rubbing the bottom half of the hair with speedstick deodorant.   I DID NOT RUB THE BRAIDS BUT the loose curls at the lower half.

Tweaking - I did slightly cut the hair the end of my eyebrow down to make a swoop effect.

This is the perfect wig and I went back and ordered 3 more immediately, because when the WORD gets out this wig will be SOLD OUT.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2014 at 12:23pm

Before I start, this posting is to help others, I am not associated with any wig company or vendors. I'd appreciate it if all sellers would not post here. THANKS!

Well, I have some great news, You might remember that about 1 year ago on ebay African braiders were braiding wigs and selling them.

The wigs were LACE FRONT wigs but they were braided like individuals. I bought two and they cost around 150.00 each (why I don't know) but at the time, I thought they were the bomb. And the sad part is the wigs looked good but they were not "big" head friendly so I can only wear them with some kind of scarf similar to some of the pictures posted above around page 18.

As a sidenote, I don't know why I can't post pictures anymore on here.

But in any event, Zury has come out with two lace wigs that are braided. They come in two lengths - 1) longer and wavy hair 2) shorter and more curled (I ordered this one) The price is 49.95

Several reviews are on you tube.

Exact Name of Wig - Zury sis Afro Braid Lace Front Wig Jerry (longer)

The shorter wig that I purchased - Zury Sis Lace Front Wig SWIRL (Afro Lace Braid)

Site to purchase - Ebonyline

COLORS - Zury colors run DARK, if you are not a jet black do not order a 1, I ordered a color 2.

SHIINE - I have not received it yet, but I exect it to be shiny, I will update.

SHIPPING - Shipping is free for purchases over 50.00 which this order will be, and I paid via paypal.

The link to the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azu3t9k808A&index=20&list=PL3D832366733F31FF

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2014 at 8:10am
Happy Holidays my WIG SISTERS.

I just wanted to post a current update.

Well, I use pins to secure my wigs and at night I also was using pins to secure the satin cap. Well I noticed that my edges on the sides had thinned out. So know I am using as little pins as possible.

What I am doing is trying to secure the pins in a different place, and at night I have stopped using pins to secure the edges at all.

So the moral of this story is watch your edges.

I am using a product called temple balm and putting it on to try and correct the problem.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2014 at 12:47pm
No vendors posting in here please....this posting is for educational purposes, tips and tricks and ladies helping each other...not for vendors.
www.womanwig.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.womanwig.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2014 at 9:53pm
If you want the hair look yaki very obviously, you can tell the vendor you want heavy yaki. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2014 at 3:36pm
This is an excellent lace wig tutorial

http://youtu.be/EtoDEeqpmJ0

I don't know what happened but I can't seem to link you tube directly anymore.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2014 at 2:06pm
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ef/a5/fb/efa5fb904dd775aeec6301e5b13ed573.jpg

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Blushing Bundles
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Next Hair Extensions