FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

How to make Your Wig Look its BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Perfect Hair Collection

Moriche Palm Diet

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make Your Wig Look its BEST
    Posted: Jun 19 2015 at 1:18pm
Well Ladies - Here we are again, and it is a hot summer.

I am wearing my hair in a bun with my kankel. bun.  My hair is 90% natural but I did perm my edges so my bun would look better.

I can not stress enough, please take care of your hair under these wigs.  I am taking a short wig break, and I've just been wearing it up in a bun.

I am still wearing my turbans, I wore a sequence one today.  I'll post the link and I wore it with jeans and a top to work with my statement jewelry.

Here is the link to the sequin turban -

You may ask - How do you deal with your natural hair.

Tip - I found that using a paddle brush helps with the kinky texture.  Also I use Echo professional styling gel and I use the net dome caps to "mold" the hair flat.  I also have a hard hat dryer that I sit under. 

At night I really secure my hair well with a bonnet and pins.

In the morning my hair is very flat and I just use weave aid polmade on any fly aways.  I find that polmade products lay the hair down better then "general gel".

Well hope this helps.  How I make the bun with the kankelon hair is wow at least 15 pages back if you need step by step videos from you tube.

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2015 at 6:58am
Another thing, I find myself loving to wear my turban. Yes, but that is also a drawback for work, I have to stop myself from wearing one everyday out of convenience.

What I have done is limit it to one day week like Thursday or Fridays. I plan to wear one tomorrow. If you have not worn one give it a try on a weekend, I'm sure I'm the last to know of the greatness and ease of turbans.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2015 at 6:57am
Yesterday I wore my braided wig again to an event and it worked out fine, I did put it super super close to my hair line. I would recommend that if you want to have your baby hair lay nice "which to ME would have made my wig look better" I'd recommend perming your edges.

Some people don't do this, I am 99% natural but I do perm about 1 inch of my edges straight across so when I want to have my edges out they lay better. I do this maybe once every 3-4 months but it does help greatly.

Now gray hair, as you know I have gray hair in the front, this won't apply to many of you or just a few....but I have gone back to using a product from the past -- it is called --- BLACK BEESWAX.

What is that you ask -
It is beeswax but it is in a black color so when you put it on your hair, not your whole head, but I put it just on my edges, it covers the gray and it does not "run" like the spray color will do in hot weather.

How to wash it out, the beeswax can be hard to come out, I use some kind of "oil" and rub it in the hair and then the wax will loosen up. THen I wash my hair as normal.

But note, the wax will get on your fingers, pillows etc so you will need to cover your head.

But the purpose is to cover the gray on your edges only and not continue to DYE your hair, which for me will thin out my hair and I don't want my edges to thin out any more than necessary.

Saving your edges is most important because you want to be able to put the wig further back, you want to be able to wear your turban and have your edges out, you want to be able to wear a ponytail if you want to, etc.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2015 at 6:12pm
Here is a pinterest page with fashion ideas for when you wear your turban.

https://www.pinterest.com/happinessroad/fashion-turban-ideas/

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2015 at 9:05am
You may ask, how do you wear your scarves to work. Here are my tips

1) All Black is always a good option, a black dress, black jeans and a black t shirt, and then any scarf of any color.

2) White is always a good option - all white - and same thing any scarf

3) I wore jeans, white top, and a white floral scarf

4) if you have on a floral or striped shirt then solid skirt or jeans and then a solid scarf that picks up a color from your top.

5) blending color top and bottom then a contrast scarf with say a flower pin in the same color of scarf.

I'll post a link with pictures for you see ideas.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2015 at 9:01am
This is another one of my favorites also ---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJIBfgqfFXY&index=41&list=PLPSTsyrUsP_dFyPJYUenVCvwU8dKt0BmX
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2015 at 8:59am
This is a second video that shows the purpose of the undergarments (what Jewish ladies call what they wear under their scarfs) this will be helpful --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JfckCoLk8k&index=8&list=PLPSTsyrUsP_dFyPJYUenVCvwU8dKt0BmX

This is one of my favorite styles -- Now this sister is muslim - great video --

Link --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVftlM7_ZDw&list=PLPSTsyrUsP_dFyPJYUenVCvwU8dKt0BmX&index=57

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2015 at 8:56am
Okay - let's get to styling our scarves. Jewish women call it a tichel, Muslim women call it a turban.

Video on the basic styling - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bJA7P3blD4

This video was very helpful to me.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2015 at 8:52am
Now here are tips on how to apply - I'm going to provide a video link but I'm going to type out the steps ---

1) I have my hair brushed back. (You can leave out a bang if you like - I'll provide pictures of options later)

2) So brush my hair back.
3) put on my net wig cap
4) slide the front of my net wig back so the first 1-2 inches are shown.
5) put on non slip headband (remember I don't have one of the new all in one items mentioned above)
6) put on volumizer at the middle of the non slip headband, so you should be able to see your non slip headband in the front at least 2 inches of it.

7)Tie the volumizer in a loose knot at base of neck and tuck ends of volume into sides

8) Then you put on your scarf per your desired style.

The scarf will NOT SLIP OFF, it will stay in place all day.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2015 at 8:43am
Also I want to share that I have been wearing turbans to work quite frequently and I love them. But I have a few tips to share.

1) I researched online from Muslim women and got great tips which led to my success.

Scarves will slide off your hair and move around if you don't have the right items underneath the scarf.

In the Muslim community that is not acceptable so they wear products under the scarf. I have learned that the following items are required:

1) non slip headband and a volumizer (two separate items)
OR one of the new all in one - nonslip headband and volumizer

I will explain further below.

A volumizer is a type of item that is similar to a wig cap but inside the cap is a sewn in soft padding which makes your turban look nice and full in the back.

I don't have long hair and even if someone does, when the hair is brushed back the hair is flat, people with longer hair make a bun in the back but the bun of natural hair is still small compared to a volumizer. It is worth the investment.

A few ladies at my job have "tried" to wear a turban but they don't know what I'm using to make mine look so full so they head with the scarf looks so flat and like they are "have no hair" when in reality their natural hair is way longer than mine.

Also the volumizer is not hot.

I find for me, I leave out at least 1 - 2 inches of my edges (brushed straight back) and then I put on my turban, I like that look best.

I'm going to provide the links of products, how to apply etc.

Volumizer - purchased at wrapunzel - jewish ladies who wear tichels (turbans).

At first they did not have the all in one wrapunzel signature shaper which is a combination of the non slip band for the edges (So your scarf wont slip) and the volumizer in one. I have a larger head so I'm not sure if this would work for me but for "normal" sizes this is the only item you need to purchase.

link - http://wrapunzel.com/shop/the-wrapunzel-signature-shaper/

cost 25.00 - well worth it, if you order nothing else, I would order this item, I have purchased large scarves at target, etc.

This is a video from the wrapunzel owner, take special time to look in the mirror behind her and you will see the shape of a volumizer. Don't get worried it does not look that full when the scarf is on, it does flatten a little when you apply your scarf. But this video is educational --

link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsUUsnWONVc&feature=youtu.be

Edited by sunshine321511 - May 10 2015 at 8:44am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
DH Gate
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Senghori Shells