Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

How to make Your Wig Look its BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 37>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make Your Wig Look its BEST
    Posted: Sep 02 2015 at 3:06pm
Well Ladies - I'm back to give a final report on the braided wig.  I started wearing it on June 28, 2015 and I threw it away yesterday, Tuesday, September 1, 2015. 

Why did I throw it away:
  • I did not look "horrible" but the edges had started to look raggy and I cut about an inch off and then rolled the hair up with sponge rollers.
  • Then the wig was a little too short for my likening. 
  • Also the curls did not look quite as "good" as I wanted them to  look.
  • I could have probably wore it one more week but I said trash it.

How many weeks total did I wear it?

• 9 weeks
  • BUT pleas note, I do not go to work everyday, I go in the office 3-4 days per week
  • I wear turbans at least one day per week
  • I don't wear my "work" wig on the weekend
  • I also rolled it up with sponge rollers at least once per week
  • Even if I did not roll up the entire wig, I did sections were the curls might have fallen.
  • So if you wore it EVERYDAY it probably would last one month

Would I buy it again?

• Yes I would.  NO DOUBT
  • I would love to dry the color 4 but since i have so much gray
  • and i have to darken my edges with either black beeswax, or dye it. it would be too hard to match.
  • that is why you younger sisters should wear the COLORS NOW, while you can.

Did I use hair spray?

* Yes, I did but not everyday.

How did you roll it up?
* I determined the section to be rolled up, then I wet just that piece of hair with plain WATER, not soaked, DAMP, then I rolled it up with sponge rollers.
**** BUT YOU MUST LET IT DRY FOR LIKE 10 HOURS *** PREFERABLY OVERNIGHT *** then in the morning I just took out the rollers and used my fingers to loosen the curls.

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2015 at 3:06pm

Today is Friday, that means it is turban day.

I'm here at work with another turban on.  I have on all white and a burgundy paisley turban. 

If you wear wigs and have one that is getting old, don't trash it.  If you explore the idea of turbans you can pin up the back, and wear a turban with a bang exposed in the front.  You don't have to have ALL YOUR HAIR under the turban.  That is what I did today.

I messed up one of the braided wigs, but I DID NOT throw it away, I use the swoop part of the bang and put on my turban.  I am pleased.

I have another braided wig that was cut too short and it is strictly for wearing in a ponytail with a scarf around the paremeter.  I have it on a wig head and when I want to wear the ponytail I don't have to put the hair up, then take it down to wear it another way.  This wig is soley for ponytails.

I find that with syn. wigs, you have to "set it" and forget it, meaning if you want to have a wig to wear in a ponytail. let that be the ONLY style you wear that wig in.  Don't take it up, then take it down, then curl it then flat iron it...the cheaper wigs just an't do it.

Well hope this helps.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2015 at 5:18pm
I don't know why it won't work.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Aug 19 2015 at 5:19pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2015 at 5:17pm
Well you know what tomorrow and Friday are for me...TURBAN DAYS.

You know, I'm always the last to know but now that I have started wearing the turbans it is NO GOING BACK.

Here is how it helpful -
1) no matter what type of wig you are wearing, RPG SHOW, 10.00 wig, whatever it gives your hair a break from the hair pins (which I am noticing can thin your hair from longterm use.

2) it makes your wigs last longer, just the wear and tear. Say for example your syn. wig last one month for you, if you wear a turban one day a week that is giving you one additional work week of wear.

3) Here is a super super easy turban, you don't need to have any hair, you don't need to wear a volumizer or something underneath to make if full in the back....you can be totally BALD and it will work.

Here is the link ---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU2IvS866cs&list=PLPSTsyrUsP_dFyPJYUenVCvwU8dKt0BmX&index=38

I don't know if this is going to work so let's see.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2015 at 2:47pm
Where can you find this wig -
Honestly, I have NEVER SEEN it in the stores.  NEVER
The only place I have seen this wig is online.  Also the wig I have on above is my WORK wig so I cut it about 2 1/2 - 3 inches shorter.

Price - That price on the link is NOT A SALE, that is the regular price I have paid.

COlor - I had on a 2, it looks like a 1B

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2015 at 2:34pm
Now let's discuss this wig, what did I do:

I have concealor on the part,
I left out a little edges in the front.
The wig is MOON Shaped so to me, you have to leave out something.  NOW that I see MYSELF, maybe I am leaving out TOO MUCH.

See that is why it is good to take pictures of YOURSELF, so you can see how the wig looks.

Well, I hope this helps.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2015 at 2:32pm
here is another view -

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2015 at 2:30pm
Oops, I don't know why picture one did not post, also i don't know how to adjust to make the pictures smaller so please overlook the size.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2015 at 2:29pm
Hey Ladies - Well I was able to take some pictures of the braided wig I have been wearing.  The purpose of these pictures is to show how it looks.  TO ME, it looks good and I am pleased.  Now please understand for people who don't like WIGS, no matter what, they will have a funny comment to make.

Picture one: This is a close up right at the front.  I have purposely not put any gel or darkening color on my edges so you can SEE the wig clearly.

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hevpyt.jpg[/

Picture Two: More of a distance picture

Edited by sunshine321511 - Aug 18 2015 at 2:31pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2015 at 2:11pm
I'm still wearing my braided wig and still pleased.  BUT I also realized something else, I had to perm my edges this weekend.  This wig, is kind of moon shaped if you don't leave out some "baby" hairs of some kind.  My "baby" hairs looked so rough last week and I tried all the tips on youtube but it just was a mess.

i had to finally break down and perm about 1 inch of my edges and JESUS, what a difference.  I am so pleased. It does make a drastic difference.  So for those considering this wig you will need to "consider perming your edges.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 37>
  Share Topic