Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWhite people charging £800 for net weave!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: White people charging £800 for net weave!
    Posted: May 09 2013 at 10:12pm
I used to live in the UK for a couple years and did hair out there. One of my past clients out there suffered from Trichotillomania. She said she tried this system. First off, according to her, it takes many many hours and its extremely painful. She also stated that the hair is not real human hair, but a synthetic fiber that is supposed to imitate human hair and according to them, it's supposed to last a long time as well. despite this, she said that within a month, it started matting and tangling up. I added a closure and did a beehive sewin on her and she loved it and told me how much more comfortable a sew in is. She's a white lady in her 40s so shed never even knew that sewins existed. She said she couldn't believe how much money she'd wasted on them (almost £1,000, which equals to about $1,600). Never in my life, but I guess when you're naive, don't know any better, and desperate...
Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by rebelle . rebelle . wrote:

Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

One thing I hate to hear on this forum is mockery of others who choose hair systems. So she doesn't spend all her time on hair forums learning about wigs and weaves. that doesn't make her a fool. Every hair system out there costs tons of money; that's what they do. We are lucky that we can DIY on our own hair. Thankfully, I do not have baldness to worry about (yet anyway), but now I know I would likely just glue or tape down a closure on my head.

But getting a good weave that doesn't cost your whole arm & leg, doesn't necessarily mean you need to spend all day on a hair forum.  A simple Google search can give you everything you need to know in less than ten minutes, but that's if you really want to find out the information for yourself; rather than feed into what some doctor selling magic out of his office is telling you.

& every hair system doesn't costs tons of money.  I'm a broke Airman in the Air Force & I get quality hair as well as a great sew in, without having to spend my whole entire check.  Like I said, Google search...

I totally agree rebelle... and yes, some folks don't get it.Ouch

hey Fake... unfortunately, i was in the same boat as this woman. Any veteran on this forum knows what i'm talking about.  I have the same thing she has, plus traction alopecia  from wearing weaves (net weaves, especially) for over 15+ years. 

Hell, i was willing to throw in the towel, and get the "ultimate" - a hair transplant.  I was thoroughly convinced i should because "a doctor" said it was the "the best thing for me"..Ouch

I certainly am not mocking her.. if she wants to spend that money, that's fine... I've probably spent more than her before learning the cheapest remedy for hair growth = research. 

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 5:28pm
These people are so slow 
rebelle . View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

One thing I hate to hear on this forum is mockery of others who choose hair systems. So she doesn't spend all her time on hair forums learning about wigs and weaves. that doesn't make her a fool. Every hair system out there costs tons of money; that's what they do. We are lucky that we can DIY on our own hair. Thankfully, I do not have baldness to worry about (yet anyway), but now I know I would likely just glue or tape down a closure on my head.

But getting a good weave that doesn't cost your whole arm & leg, doesn't necessarily mean you need to spend all day on a hair forum.  A simple Google search can give you everything you need to know in less than ten minutes, but that's if you really want to find out the information for yourself; rather than feed into what some doctor selling magic out of his office is telling you.

& every hair system doesn't costs tons of money.  I'm a broke Airman in the Air Force & I get quality hair as well as a great sew in, without having to spend my whole entire check.  Like I said, Google search...
rebelle . View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 5:19pm
What is sad is that she could've paid $150 to have a net, color, cut, & trim & it would've looked 10 times better than that.  I'm almost certain she could've done it herself & it would've looked better than what she currently has in her head. That ponytail she attempted in the last picture makes it look painfully obvious she has a weave in.

I feel bad for her, but research is free. Google is easily attainable & there's no such thing as a dumb question when it comes to your health. Her fault.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 11:17am
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 4:49am
She got taken... I hate to see that also with people losing their hair during chemo. They know darn well those wigs don't cost as much as they charge.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 2:58am
She should have just gotten a wig.
honeyface View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 1:05pm
I feel bad for that woman only because I'm in the same boat.  I have been loosing my hair since my early 20's.  i'm now 40.  

After years of doctors and test, i'm healthy except for the fact my hair is painfully thin.  I have been scammed by all kinds of people.   I'm a typical "white" girl.  I found your forum because I was doing research online.  I had heard about weaves and thought it may be something that may help me get a nice looking head of hair.....what girl doesn't want that?  I don't care who you are, we all want to look beautiful.

I visited a few salons that did weaves, but I wasn't made welcome.  I had hoped to speak with the employees to see what weaves were and how they were done, and if they were for me.  One woman told me that I'd probably need a net weave and that she was too booked to help me.

I'm online doing research and hoping to find out the who, what, and how of it all....and hoping to find a salon that would help me.

I just want to feel beautiful again

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 10:08pm
beana!!!Shocked

LOL

It took BHM long enough to ban them.. a whole damn day, several report buttons and 3 "WAKE UP BHM" posts and nothing was done.. SMH
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic