IndianHair.net
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Fashion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

THE OFFICIAL: Michelle Obama Style Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 75>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 42 Votes, Average 4.26  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE OFFICIAL: Michelle Obama Style Watch
    Posted: Apr 07 2015 at 5:30pm

JOINING FORCES: FLOTUS Michelle Obama Invites Kerry Washington & Sarah Jessica Parker To The White House To Honor Military Families

Apr 07 | by _YBF

photo obama-parker-washington-group-shot-watermark-w724.jpg

First Lady Michelle Obama invited Kerry Washington and Sarah Jessica Parker to the White House to discuss military families and honoring military families.  See video from the talk inside...

FLOTUS Michelle Obama invited two dynamic actresses, Kerry Washington and Sarah Jessica Parker, to the Blue Room to discuss America’s servicewomen and military spouses. The chat was coordinated by GLAMOUR Magazine and the trio nabbed the May cover of the mag (which we posted earlier).

It wasn't just be chance that the three talked editor-in-chief Cindi Leive and were photographed by Patrick Demarchelier for the month of May (it's also about Mother's Day).

The magazine published an except from the cover story (on newsstands April 14th) where FLOTUS reveals why she's so passionate about military families and Sarah and Kerry reveal their own military connections, Kerry's dad, Earl, served before she was born, and Sarah and her husband, actor Matthew Broderick, have friends in uniform.

Cindi Leive: Mrs. Obama, when we interviewed you for your last Glamour cover, six years ago, you were early in your tenure at the White House and still choosing the causes you wanted to champion. You said: "I have to be very passionate myself about the issue to be able to represent it well." What made you passionate about this issue?

Michelle Obama: Well, during the first campaign, one of my jobs as my husband's spouse was to travel around the country and really listen to women. We held small discussion groups, [and] there were voices that were new to me: the voices of military spouses, many of them women, and veterans.... I was overwhelmed by their challenges, and the notion that we as a country don't even know that these women exist, because we live in a country where one percent of the population protects the rights and freedoms of the other 99 percent of us. I thought that if I had the opportunity to serve as First Lady, I was going to use this platform to be their voice.

CL: Joining Forces is celebrating its fourth anniversary. What have been some of the high moments for you so far?

MO: It's always positive to hear how many people are willing to step up—whether it is the employment community, mental health community, or medical community.... The response is always yes.

CL: Kerry, your father served. Sarah Jessica, you have friends who have served. But even so, you were saying that this can be a difficult issue to understand and support. How so?

Kerry Washington: There is this idea that those who serve are untouchable heroes. [But] the more we hear what people are going through, [we realize] it's what every woman is going through.... The challenges are just put under a magnifying glass because their lives are so extraordinary.

Sarah Jessica Parker: I feel like there's a laundry list of issues they face.... Being a working mother, serving, returning from Iraq or Afghanistan—I almost don't know where to begin.... And I feel intimidated by their service; I feel ashamed that I haven't served. So I almost feel like I'm patronizing by inquiring how to help. When you see a serviceman or -woman, you always—I always—say, "Thank you for your service." But you know that's not enough.... What do we do? Every community has a community of veterans. Where do we begin?

CL: Mrs. Obama, where do we begin?

MO: Start in your community. Most of what these men and women need is people in their backyard lending a helping hand.

CL: I know the rates of PTSD are higher for female veterans than for male veterans, and the causes are many, from [witnessing trauma] to experiencing sexual assault. What do we owe these women whose symptoms are getting in the way of their returning to a normal life?

MO: One thing I want to clarify—that every service member, veteran, wants us to remember—is that the vast majority of people returning from service come back completely healthy.... But when we do come across someone who is struggling...we have to develop a culture of open arms and acceptance so that they feel comfortable saying, "I'm a veteran. And by the way, I need little help." This is something we need to do in this country around mental health as a whole—destigmatizing mental health.

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2015 at 8:52pm

President Barack Obama & First Lady Michelle Obama HOST Annual White House Easter Egg Roll + Diggy Simmons Performs

Apr 06 | by _YBF

photo WhiteHouseHostsAnnualEasterEggRollSouthrQJOTmwWVXFl.jpg

It’s Easter at the White House! And the annual Easter egg roll went down on the South Lawn today hosted by our fabPresident Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama. Also, Diggy Simmons hit the stage for a special performance. Check it inside….

photo WhiteHouseHostsAnnualEasterEggRollSouthCwwlb_6kjAPl.jpg

President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama kicked off the 137th annual White House Easter Egg Roll event today on the South Lawn, filled with Easter eggs, live music and storytelling.

Around 35,000 people gathered at the White House for a chance to enjoy some Easter activities with the Commander-in-Chief and the First Lady. In honor of the 5th anniversary of Mrs. Obama’s “Let’ Move” campaign, this year’s theme was “Gimmie Five,” encouraging children (and their parents) to come up with five ways they plan to become more active and live healthier lives.

photo WhiteHouseHostsAnnualEasterEggRollSouthAoDP9KkmW09l.jpg

The festivities kicked off with three young ladies singing the National Anthem, followed by girl group Fifth Harmony singing “Happy Birthday” to celebrate the “Let’s Move” initiative.

photo WhiteHouseHostsAnnualEasterEggRollSouthqeETbNxO5CJl.jpg

Joining Mrs. Obama was the Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 & Thing 2 to read to the kiddies who came out for the Easter fun.

photo WhiteHouseHostsAnnualEasterEggRollSouthgO8_55BUNbWl.jpg

Then it was time for the Easter egg roll!

photo WhiteHouseHostsAnnualEasterEggRollSouthDl26YQgrsJfl.jpg

photo WhiteHouseHostsAnnualEasterEggRollSouthBKA_w6P1LOCl.jpg

photo WhiteHouseHostsAnnualEasterEggRollSouthPhb4bZe2MMPl.jpg

Daytime talkshow "LIVE with Kelly and Michael" hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan came out for the presidential activities.

Then, Mrs. Obama hit the stage to bust a few moves with All Stars from the television show "So You Can Dance." They got down to Mark Ronson's Uptown Funk" featuring Bruno Mars:

photo WhiteHouseHostsAnnualEasterEggRollSoutheqExBlnIo55l.jpg

photo WhiteHouseHostsAnnualEasterEggRollSoutho85MqFEL-M9l.jpg

Also hitting the stage....

photo dgg1.jpg

Rev Run's son/rapper Diggy Simmons entertained the audience with a special performance.

photo dgg2.jpg

Afterwards....

photo digfh.png

The "Ain't Bout to Do" rapper kicked it with the ladies of Fifth Harmony. Mmmhmm....

photo obamaseer.png

photo kelmike.png

Loves it!

Peep a few other clips from the event below:

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2015 at 9:10pm
Malia is such a gorgeous young lady...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2015 at 8:32pm
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2015 at 7:16pm
alright she better werk Clap
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2015 at 7:11pm
Epitome, we're you at the 10:30 service today? I went last night to beat the Easter rush, but I was SO UPSET when my daughter texted me that the First Family was there!
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2015 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Heart

oh and shes been looking better. styling and facially. 
she tweaked her face didnt she? 

her face doesn't look better to me.  in fact, i think it kinda looks worse
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2015 at 11:54am
Heart

oh and shes been looking better. styling and facially. 
she tweaked her face didnt she? 

Edited by coconess - Apr 05 2015 at 11:55am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2015 at 11:42am

First Lady Michelle Onama at Jimmy Fallon in Tadashi Shoji Resort 2015 Black and White Mesh Detail Dress

Celebrity Style / Featured / Obama Family / April 5, 2015

First Lady Michelle Obama popped by Jimmy Fallon to give us the Evolution of Mom Dancing Part 2 (it was hilarious! Stay tuned for video at the end). She chatted with Jimmy in a black and white mesh detail dress from Tadashi Shoji’s Resort 2015 Collection:
First Lady Michelle Obama at Jimmy Kimmel in Tadashi Shoji Resort 2015 Black and White Mesh Detail Dress
The dress was modeled in all white. Mme FLOTUS undoubtedly had hers customized to include chic back piping.
First Lady Michelle Obama at Jimmy Kimmel in Tadashi Shoji Resort 2015 Black and White Mesh Detail Dress
What do you think?

See Jimmy and our First Lady mom dance in the clip below:

http://fashionbombdaily.com/2015/04/05/first-lady-michelle-obama-at-jimmy-kimmel-in-tadashi-shoji-resort-2015-black-and-white-mesh-detail-dress/
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2015 at 8:57pm
wtf is sarah jessica doing there? 

what are they teaming up for? 
why sarah? 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon