FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Breastfeeding/Milk Supply Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
softkitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softkitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breastfeeding/Milk Supply Help
    Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Allure. Allure. wrote:

I've been eating those mommy milk cookies..with ice cream and homemade cinnamon honey granola. My milk supply is sooooo heavy. I've been pumping every hour and a half while at work, and baby feeds directly from me while in her baby sling at home. Even when its bedtime , ill breastfeed her while laying on my side when she cries, and she falls right back to sleep.

She's 3 months now, 14lbs and 25in long, breastfeeding is going good so far!

I just stumbled upon the lactation cookies and will give them a try along with granola. I don't understand what happened. In the hospital I was engorged, I got home and a week later I'm damn near dry. It's reassuring to see that it works. I may buy a guinesse as well. 
Sponsored Links

Allure. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allure. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 6:19am
I've been eating those mommy milk cookies..with ice cream and homemade cinnamon honey granola. My milk supply is sooooo heavy. I've been pumping every hour and a half while at work, and baby feeds directly from me while in her baby sling at home. Even when its bedtime , ill breastfeed her while laying on my side when she cries, and she falls right back to sleep.

She's 3 months now, 14lbs and 25in long, breastfeeding is going good so far!
fly60037 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fly60037 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:51pm
This time around I've had the wierdest thing happen! When my cycle comes, my milk supply goes! I've had to do extra pumping so that I can have an extra stash when that time of the month comes, and I also have tried drinking more, taking Fenugreek pills and drinking Mother's Milk tea. I also tried oatmeal.
nattie84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nattie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2012 at 10:53am
Great info Ladies, thanks to all. I plan to breast feed this time around. I am excited
Allure. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allure. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2012 at 2:26am
My boobs started leaking at 30 weeks, but I don't know if that's any indication that I will produce a lot of milk after birth. I'll be looking into those supplements posted on the previous page if eating and drinking more does no good. Good info ladies!
bigmommylove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmommylove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 7:47pm
I have really bad low milk supply. I got down to just pumping 1/2 ounce per pumping. After a visit to the lactation consultant I decided to try some herbs. She had given me a list of them to try. I've been drinking a tea from http://www.favorsandflavors.net and it really does work. I can now pump about five ounces per pumping. Make sure to breastfeed/pump often and drink the tea daily for low milk supply.
frizzyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2012 at 7:45am
If you drink more milk you will produce more milk
SecretCie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SecretCie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2012 at 1:22am
I had poor production and just recently gave in to formula :( but the lactation consultant told me mothers milk tea oatmeal & water but nothing worked for me cause I had more stress & at work than time with my baby
lattabody View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lattabody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 6:02pm
yup drink dark beer like guiness. my daughter is 13months old and i am making milk like crazy. also eat well and drink ots of water and less juice
missversatile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missversatile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 6:34am
I was able to fill up 2 8 oz bottles every two hours because i intially started pumping while breast feeding and i would get her to latch on every hour just to convince my body that i needed more...it wa hard actually making myself wake up to keep this cycle going to get the production up but it worked. I was able to store my milk in a freezer i had purchased just for the breast milk. I also drank a lot of water, continued with my prenatal vitamins, light work hour to stay healthy (nothing crazy since i can affect your milk supply) and stay on my increased veggie/fruit/protein intake. I didn't drink milk at all but i had a calcuim supplement.  I breast feed both of my kids till they were 14 mons old (due to my supply I had).
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic