Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Keep IT REAL!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - You're Black But Your Hair is Indian?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

You're Black But Your Hair is Indian?

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 12 2010
Location: SC
Status: Offline
Points: 284935
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You're Black But Your Hair is Indian?
    Posted: Oct 27 2013 at 12:29am
Hmms
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 22 2009
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Points: 6174
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 1:59pm
There are people out there who tan to look like me, get inplants, and inject their lips. I happen to like weave, and look much younger when I do. Television has created the image which people are attracted to. Instead of looking at the individuals who are obviously happy with what they are doing, why not question the society which has decided this is what qualifies as beauty?
Back to Top
elleynnnn View Drop Down
New Member
New Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 18 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 38
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote elleynnnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 5:56pm
ehhh....:/
the only thing i find truly bothersome about women (of any ethnicity) who employ the services of weave (or 'extensions') is the false sense of ownership that occasionally develops. 

nothing irks me like a young woman whipping a foot of synthetics or any other what have you in my general direction as some form of exaggerated non-verbal communication. usually, it's hair flip of defiance or a devious, flirtatious twist of their curls. it's just crazy to me because it's artificial.

i feel like it doesn't deserve to be treated, in that way, like 'real' hair. i feel the same way about people who initiate ocular warfare with false eyelashes. please, just stop D:


Back to Top
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 10 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 57505
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 6:31am
Everything Cortez said was true and I'm pretty sure everyone knows it. Sleepy
Back to Top
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 07 2007
Location: Gotham City
Status: Offline
Points: 277333
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 1:59am
ppl complain too much...and always will...so do what you want. 
Back to Top
qymekkam View Drop Down
New Member
New Member


Joined: Jan 27 2013
Location: Baltimore
Status: Offline
Points: 2
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qymekkam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 2:12pm
who cares what a women do to their hair? whether its natural or a weave as long as it makes them happy thats fine by me.
Back to Top
Aerie View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 29 2009
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2550
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 11:01pm
I just don't see why it's a such a big concern what other women are doing to their hair. 

No one complains about dyes, or straight haired people who curly perm their hair. 

I have a cousin who's black with the smallest dash of indian in her and she's got that wavy straight indian hair in her. Funniest part? Even mother (who has the Indian blood) has kinkier hair than her, and so do her two sisters. Her sisters look more mixed with Indian than her, she looks straight black but she has the Indian hair. 

Really and truly...no one should be this concerned about what another person's doing to their hair.
Back to Top
yahya View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Mar 01 2011
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 1834
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 10:41am
Originally posted by iLoveMrCortez iLoveMrCortez wrote:

I knew people would get defensive. That's what happens when you hit em with the truth, people don't like to hear it.

I surely did used to rock Indian hair. Does that mean I can't have an opinion on it? I was caught up in it myself and have changed my opinion, so I'm speaking on it.  No one has to prove anything to me or convince me of anything. Ladies, wear Disha's hair and whip your hair back and forth all day if you want to. This is my opinion and if it didn't strike a nerve I doubt some of you would have gotten offended. I am not overly pressed about other people's hair to the point where I get stressed out, but as a black woman, yes I care. Why can't I?
People can have opinions, and people can also have opinions that disagree with you. An opinion doesn't mean fact, it's a judgement that can be based on little knowledge. So someone's opinion can be based on little fact, while someone else's opinion can be based on a lot of facts. Your opinion has little evidence that backs it up because it didn't consider any of the facts I just explained. Did you expect people to just agree with you even though your opinion is closed minded and lacks a worldview? When people are hit with an opinion that disagrees with their's they can either realize their's were wrong, debate their own opinion and see who's hold up, or say the other person's opinion is wrong without making a point of why. When people do the last one is when they don't want to admit their opinion is wrong or because they have a block. Just now you did the last one, so you can't say "when you hit em with the truth, people don't like to hear it" and then say, "No one has to prove anything to me or convince me of anything."

I find closed minded opinions are typically, if not always, the ones that are wrong. I mean, you keep saying indian weaves, indian weaves, when just about all human hair weaves are made from indian hair (or asian hair). Just because they change the texture doesn't mean it's from a person of African descent. Just because YOU might have had identity issues when you wore "indian" weaves, doesn't mean everyone does. If you didn't have identity issues when you wore weaves, you wouldn't assume everyone that wears a weave does. You'd know better.

Originally posted by iLoveMrCortez iLoveMrCortez wrote:

 Am I walking up to chicks and snatching their tracks back to check the texture?  Come on now. I originally tried to be sensitive to muthafckas feelings but some of yall cant even deal with that.  So now I have to lock and load


Look at your banner and look at what you just said. I don't think you know what being sensitive is. 

( I'm sorry if I'm being critical, but I can't stand it when people make weak opinions into facts. -_-)

Back to Top
yahya View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Mar 01 2011
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 1834
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by iLoveMrCortez iLoveMrCortez wrote:

You don't hear about vendors selling Jamaican and Haitian hair. I'd rather a black woman buy that than Indian/chinese/Malay hair.  
And actually Jamacian and Haitian are nationalities, anyone can be Jamacian nationally as long as they become a citizen. So if you mean why don't people buy kinky hair, they do. I work at a beauty supply store, and just the other day a couple customers were saying how we have to get more kinky hair in stock. 
Back to Top
yahya View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Mar 01 2011
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 1834
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by iLoveMrCortez iLoveMrCortez wrote:


I am tired of seeing black women wearing other people's hair on their heads. It just sends a bad message and is pathetic. 
And I am tired of people telling other people what to do with their hair. If their real hair is healthy and they like their real hair, leave them alone already! X /

Originally posted by iLoveMrCortez iLoveMrCortez wrote:


I used to do this myself so I'm not looking down on anyone, I'm speaking from experience and truth. 
Yes you are looking down on them, you just said how it sends a bad message and is pathetic!

Originally posted by iLoveMrCortez iLoveMrCortez wrote:

Never mind that it's stringy as hell, doesn't stay in place, can't hold a curl like what I'm used to. That was supposed to be the epitome, right?
I think you're getting Indian hair, Indian wigs, and racially Asian hair confused. Indian women generally have the thickest hair. And it can hold a curl, just not as good as kinky hair can. Asian hair, and please don't say Asian and Indian is the same thing because they're not racially, is the one that's usually stringy and can't hold a curl at all. If the wigs don't have the affect as real indian hair, that's the company's fault.

Originally posted by iLoveMrCortez iLoveMrCortez wrote:


You are wearing another ethnicity's hair on your head instead of your own. Why? Is it REALLY just about fashion and the trend or something more? You don't hear about vendors selling Jamaican and Haitian hair. I'd rather a black woman buy that than Indian/chinese/Malay hair.  I wonder how lil Aishwarya feels to see all these black women walking around with hair like hers. I bet she feels superior and looks at us like we some damn fools. I mean, wouldn't you be cocky if you knew that thousands (maybe millions) of women spend hundreds of dollars to install the very hair that grows out of your head naturally?
Didn't everyone have afros at one point? Didn't everyone have short voluminous hair at one point? If you look closely, there's a pattern that you can call a trend. If you're implying that black people straighten their hair because they want to look like another ethnicity, you're wrong. Maybe some people who are still brainwashed are, but the majority isn't. In every race there are people who are brainwashed, not just black people. There are many reasons why someone would want to straighten her hair: uses less product, easier to comb, takes less time to take care of, a like for the style, people tend to want what they don't have, etc. 

I mean, do Asians that get eye surgery to make them bigger and get a double eyelid do it because they want to look white? no. ( are white people the only ones with double eyelids and big eyes? isn't it because facial features that stand out more are more attractive? ) Are Asians and Indians that want lighter skin trying to be white? no. ( Asians can have skin lighter than whites. both Asians and Indians prefer it because it's in their culture. Look at geishas in japan, that was part of their culture even before they knew what a European was; foreigners were banned at the time. it's in Indian culture because of the caste system. ) Do white people who tan their skin do it because they are trying to be black? no. ( it gives them a healthy glow. ) Are white people that want curvier bodies and bigger lips trying to be black? ( no. it's fact that in all cultures curvy waist to hip ratio are the most attractive, the ratio just slightly varies. ) Are black people who straighten their hair trying to be some other ethnicity? no no! no!! Why do we always have to group things by race in america? It's getting on my last nerves, and it's a sign of cultural ignorance. Something the education system has to work on.

Africa is a very diverse continent. You have kinky hair to straight hair, light skin to very dark skin. So how is straightening your hair a denial of being of African decent? I'm not saying kinky hair isn't a sign of the African culture, because kinky hair is only unique to Africa, but that doesn't mean straight hair is a denial. And don't say that people have straight hair in Africa (and light skin in India) because Aryans lived there in the past. That is a complete lie that Europeans made up in the past because they wanted to be the reason for all great civilization in the past, like Egypt and India (now scientist now Indians are Caucasian race). And so, does a girl with natural hair texture that dyes it golden or blonde denying her culture? What about the Asian trend now to dye your hair orange-red? They're denying their culture, too? What about ganguros? Now, they're trying to be black and white! really, come on.   
 
At least you didn't ask why do black people want to be white. >: )
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down