BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Health Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Remedies for period cramps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

Author
Bimmergal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bimmergal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remedies for period cramps
    Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 7:59pm
drink about a 1/2 cup of mt. olive dill pickle juice, cramps will disappear, its amazing and it works!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

IIMoniqueII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IIMoniqueII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:06pm
Hot towel below belly button.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 12:37am
Severe cramps are usually hereditary. My mom, myself and now my daughter had/have cramping pain to the point of vomiting .

Mine went away once I had a child because my cerviz was stretched. Before that, getting on the pill helped.

My daughter starts by taking a 200 mg Motrin/Ibuprofen twice a day, 2 days before she's due. If she remembers to do this, she is fine. If she forgets (blows off my reminders), she is excruciating pain , to the point of  writhing in pain, almost passing out and I have to give her vicotin just for both of us to get some sleep.

The key is to have the painkiller built up in your system to stay ahead of the pain. Same concept as why the pediatrician says to give babies a dose of tylenol/motrin BEFORE you bring them in to get shots.

Waiting for that 1st cramp to take the painkiller isn't enough time . Two days before is ideal.

hair_dummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair_dummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2012 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by bellacnella bellacnella wrote:

hot bath...heating pad...herbal tea.  believe it or not, sometimes exercise.

just curious, does ibuprofen not work for you or you just do not want to take it?  i have horrible cramps and i could never get through my period without either a motrin or a tylenol #3...sometimes i even try a percocet if they are too bad...

Defiantly exercise for me anyway. Cut my flow down to a trickle and no more cramps.Clap
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2012 at 12:11pm
For me, I noticed taking omega-3s in a form of chia seeds and cod liver oils helped with having a pain free period.  Another one would be a multivitamin.  I think it is either the potassium or magnesium/manganese helped with the cramps.
Ashleyano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 10:45pm
ginger candy! works like a charmWink
Grapes25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grapes25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2012 at 12:50pm
After taking Maca root supplements, I have not been having horrible menstrual cramps anymore. Usually a Midol or two with some green tea would ease the pain momentarily. Otherwise I would do yoga or stretch. Stretching really does help the cramping.
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2012 at 8:14pm
When I was in high school mine were so bad I literally had to be carried to the nurse's office once a month to go home. I would always spend my first day crying and couldn't even walk around my house. Once I actually passed out from the pain.

When I saw my doctor about it, he put me on birth control and it fixed my hormones and almost completely took my pain away. It would still get pretty bad sometimes, probably worse than the average person still, but to me it was such a relief, I acted like it was a blessing to have such light pains. ^^'

Now that I'm not on birth control, it still hasn't come back nearly as bad. But my maca has been helping even more since I started taking it.

Right now, I'm on my fifth day of a body cleanse, so all my maca has washed out of my system. Well, I started my monthly today, and dear lord, the pain. :/ I should have waited to start it until after my period...

Maca helps regulate hormones in the body. So if your problem is caused by too little estrogen like mine was, it's likely that the maca will make your body start producing more estrogen. But I can't guarantee anything.

For me, Midol and heating pads have never helped. Exercise has never helped. I guess I just have serious hormonal problems that those normal methods of healing can't even touch.
evolver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2011 at 3:41pm
I'd purchase Therma-Care Heating pads. Use the Neck wrap. They do have one made specifically for the abdominal section for women but I need the REAL DEAL when my periods on. I found that the Neck Wraps work perfectly. Before you get dressed in the morning apply the wrap across your lower abdominal area, get dressed as usual and the heat usually lasts for about 8 hours.

Sit up/crunches help ease cramping.

By all means STAY away from any form of dairy at least 1 week before your period. The hormones in the milk combined with your hormones don't mix too well with your body.

Also, don't drink anything that is too cold. We usually become anemic during our period because we are losing blood. Cold anything can definitely make your period worse.

Dong Quai and or Red Raspberry Tea is perfect for cramps and for women in general.
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2011 at 8:25pm
MSM made my periods lighter and shorter. It has many other benefits too. You should look into it
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic