Author
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oprahs Relaxer
    Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by GoingNatural86 GoingNatural86 wrote:

Off to google Phytospecifi... $65... no wonder Ive never heard of it...lol
don't believe the hype I bought this stuff a couple of years ago at RICkys BSS in NYC and it did not do anything special IMO my hair was less dry than a no-lye relaxer but I think there are many diffrent routes for this.  They sell the products also at Sephora Great conditoners $$$ though
Sponsored Links

GoingNatural86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2011 at 10:05am
Off to google Phytospecifi... $65... no wonder Ive never heard of it...lol
Mymamasdaughter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2011 at 12:28pm
Andre Does Hair? I have a copy of that somewhere and he said somethng about drying hiar while it is still sopping wet, among other things.
mrphantuan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 2:34am
$65 a box?? wow, hope she doesnt spill any.. LOL!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 5:20am
I remember reading Andre's book years and years ago but I couldn't remember what it said.  I thought Oprah was natural too for some reason.  

@glamrock I know Joy didn't try to call Oprah out Shocked!  Interesting....the great Oprah hair mystery lol.
samorya View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 1:06am
Originally posted by glamrock glamrock wrote:

Originally posted by samorya samorya wrote:

I didnt know that she had a relaxerShocked
I thought that she had unrelaxer hair and a Brazilian Keratin Treatment.
i thought she was natural and they just straightened her hair with some million dollar flat iron. lmao. silly me
Yeah, b/c they have shown Andre doing her hair b4 and it was a big, full look that seemed unrelaxed and semi-heat trained, and when she was talking to the ladies from The View a few months back, Joy Beiher mentioned that they both use BKT and Oprah gave her the evil eye and said something to abruptly shut doen the conversation and to change the subject.

Like someone else said, it is possible that she just does a halo to keep the edges extra straight. I cant imagine Dr. Miracles being beneficial to anyone's hair but I wouldnt know. Im just biased about that company b/c I think that they are China based and I imagine low quality like KISS & VIA and other BSS level hair care products that are made by Chinese companies for black hair.

Maybe Branded Product Placement like the other member said or Andre had an emergency where Oprah insisted on sleek edges and didnt want flat iron straight and Andre stopped in a CVS drugstore on the way to the studio and grabbed the first box perm that he sawLOL

And I agree with the people that hate the Dr. Miracle commercials. I find the company name and the ads & commercials extremely offensive and I am not a person that gets worked up easily.
yeah, we can do without those commercials. its like some other race(other than a person with black hair) sat around and imagined what it is like when we need a perm. all they had to do was ask. damn gina, we could do without that corny, extra a$$ commercial.
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 12:40am
Originally posted by samorya samorya wrote:

i thought she was natural and they just straightened her hair with some million dollar flat iron. lmao. silly me
Yeah, b/c they have shown Andre doing her hair b4 and it was a big, full look that seemed unrelaxed and semi-heat trained, and when she was talking to the ladies from The View a few months back, Joy Beiher mentioned that they both use BKT and Oprah gave her the evil eye and said something to abruptly shut doen the conversation and to change the subject.

Like someone else said, it is possible that she just does a halo to keep the edges extra straight. I cant imagine Dr. Miracles being beneficial to anyone's hair but I wouldnt know. Im just biased about that company b/c I think that they are China based and I imagine low quality like KISS & VIA and other BSS level hair care products that are made by Chinese companies for black hair.

Maybe Branded Product Placement like the other member said or Andre had an emergency where Oprah insisted on sleek edges and didnt want flat iron straight and Andre stopped in a CVS drugstore on the way to the studio and grabbed the first box perm that he sawLOL

And I agree with the people that hate the Dr. Miracle commercials. I find the company name and the ads & commercials extremely offensive and I am not a person that gets worked up easily.
samorya View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 12:29am

samorya View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 12:28am
Originally posted by prettypeal09 prettypeal09 wrote:

Yeah all of the complaints that I heard about Dr. Miracle is the reason why it didn't seem right to me unless she gets a special version of the product.  The commercials for the product alone is reason enough to avoid it.

lmao, those commercials. ha ha ha ha ha LOL
prettypeal09 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 12:24am

Yeah all of the complaints that I heard about Dr. Miracle is the reason why it didn't seem right to me unless she gets a special version of the product.  The commercials for the product alone is reason enough to avoid it.

Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic