Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEP arrives today....what to do???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
RabiaElaine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: EP arrives today....what to do???
    Posted: Jul 27 2006 at 10:06am
Hi Ladies,

My EP should be on my door step when I get home today.  What should I do when I first get this hair in terms of washing it?  I've never washed weave hair outside of my head...but the site says you should wash the hair before installing.  How do you ladies do this?  How do you dry it?

I was hoping to install it tonight, but since it lookes like I have to wash it, is it advisable to install it when it's still damp?  If I should let it airdry how long does this usually take?

I bought the Kpac conditioner every 2-3 weeks that EP recommends should I use this tonight on the hair, or just use the moisturizing conditioner?

EP recommends sponging the shampoo into the hair, do you ladies do this?

Do you seal the wefts for the relaxed texture from EP machine weft?  If so what should I use?
Sponsored Links

bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2006 at 11:27am

When you get the hair please let me know if the hair matches your natural hair.

Thank you.

Edited by bindy - Jul 27 2006 at 11:29am
Suwanee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2006 at 11:29am
yea, mee too. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2006 at 11:39am
I sure will ladies.  My hair is relaxed but not bone straight, so silky textured hair does not work for me, especially not with the humidity that NY has right now.  Anyway from the various pics I've seen I think it will be a perfect match.  I will take pics.

Anyone have recommendations for my questions above????
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2006 at 11:43am
I ususally fill my sink with warm water and a little shampoo, and make kind of a "bubble bath" for the hair.. I swish the hair around and run my hands across it to make sure the shampoo bath gets through the hair.. I'll rinse the hair, and repeat the "bubble bath" then put a little conditioner on it. I'll put the hair in a plastic ziploc bag and then drop the bag into a sink full of warm water. Let the conditioner sit about 10 minutes, the rinse well and hand to airdry. I didn't seal my wefts because they don't need it.. This hair will STAY put!!

Suwanee & Bindy: There's a ton of pics and posts here of ladies wearing this hair if you want to see how well the hair blends if you're interested.. LovelyLisa's comes to mind off the top of my head..

Edited by DivaVocals - Jul 27 2006 at 12:29pm
mahogany814 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2006 at 12:17pm
I use the same "bubble bath" DivaV does with the K-pak shampoo.  I condition for a couple of hours then rinse clear.  I put my hair outside to hair dry overnight. 
 There are MANY pictures of what the hair looks like right out of the bag.
I have  secured my wefts with Arlenes Stop Fraying.  I let this dry overnight or more - depends on how sticky. (it is not necessary to do this but I just wanna make darn sure there are no hairs on my bathroom floor ever again!!!)
somethingnew View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2006 at 12:19pm
Rabia,

I washed my hair initially--the night before going to my stylist for the install--in the same manner that DivaVocals did---with the exception being that I didn't put the hair into a ziplock bag. I just allowed the conditioner to sit on the hair for about 5-10 minutes while it was hanging up. Then I proceeded to rinse the conitioner out---towel dried it (simply lay it on an absorbant towel and fold the towel over it--then press down gently to absord the excess water.   I put the hair on my vanity counter to dry overnight.  By morning it was dry completely and looked beautiful.

You don't need to do anything to the weft prior to install---no sealing.
You don't need to use the K-pac initially--I just used a light shampoo and conditioner the first time I washed it before install----I think I used NTM (Neutrogena).

You don't need to sponge the shampoo on the hair.  I just used my hands gently--no excessive rubbing...etc.  I just rub the shampoo in my hands and then rub/pat it down my hair and gently squeeze and rub (gently) through the hair.  I did try the sponge method at first but realized that I was more comfortable using my hands as usual.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2006 at 1:41pm

So do you think it's ok to put this hair in tonight, while it's still damp???

Moria View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2006 at 1:51pm
that k-pak is expensive, what are other alternatives instead of using that?
somethingnew View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2006 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by RabiaElaine RabiaElaine wrote:

So do you think it's ok to put this hair in tonight, while it's still damp???

That's one I can not answer definitively. As I am a newbie to weaves myself--(although very well versed in haircare in general because I take such good care of my own hair and have for many years). 
I would not know if it's okay to put a weave in while the hair is damp.
I'm sure somoene else here more knowledgeable about weave installations could answer your question much better...

Edited by somethingnew - Jul 27 2006 at 1:57pm
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic