Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
goldone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEWBIE-NEED HELP WITH LIQUID GOLD
    Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 11:12am

Hello Everyone

I have been lurking on this board for quite some time.  Let me say first of all you ladies are fantastic!  Your wealth of knowledge and your commitment to share is just greatClap I have followed your advice and don't order bss hair anymore.I have order the indian hairs and the wagman and ordered for friends and family, best piece of info I have had in years.  I ordered the liquid gold from sherrie(sherrie great service from you) with the syringes.  I only tried a track (i have a sew in)but that track has came loose twice, what am I doing wrong.  I searched all the lg posts and thought I had the application.  I would like to do part sew in and part lg, so please someone help.  thanks in advance 
Sponsored Links

Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 11:33am
First of all welcome to the board. Hug
Second of all liquid gold does not hold for long and creates the worst flakyness and ruins your tracks if you plan to use them again. I wouldnt reccommed it to anyone.

Edited by honeysvw - Jul 24 2006 at 11:34am
fluffy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 11:42am
Welcome Goldone,

I use LG and I get at least six weeks worth of wear and that's with washing 2-3 times per week.  I also have re-installed the same hair 3 times.  I use acetone to remove the LG from wefts.  I know other members that use LG as well.  Do a search to read other posts. Big smile
goldone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 11:46am
Thank you honey and fluffy for the replies.  Fluffy I did do a search and Used that information to apply.  I was trying to find out if I was not doing something  right because the track was not staying attached
goldone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 11:47am
Fluffy, did you do an entire head with lg.
bigsexylisa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 12:12pm
My liquid gold only lasts in my head for about a week or so before I take the tracks out (I have a center part) and reinstall them.  It holds well, and even when I take it out, its only because its lifting at one of the ends, or starting to slife.  I personally dont like to put more glue on it and stick it down; I would just much rather take it out and do it over.  I've never had a track come completely loose or anything like that.
koffeebrown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 1:49pm
also, the LG cleans up great from the wefts. This was a fear of mine using glue on wefts too. Actually all the glues i've used (maxgraft, vapon, LG, Chrissy V- tho CV is a bit messier) cleans up spotless from wefts. I posted in another thread about how i couldn't tell the used wefts from new wefts after they dried. Frankly, i was shocked at that

Edited by koffeebrown - Jul 24 2006 at 1:50pm
essence View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 1:57pm
The only way I have been able to successfully use LG is along with tape... When I tried it by itself on a regular weft it flakes and cakes up really bad so that it looks like u have a dandriff issue that need medical attention... When I tried it alone on skin wefts it came out after one wash.... So far I have tried it combined w/tape on both skin wefts and regular wefts with MUCH better results....
la flaca bela View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 3:19pm
  I'm glad that I'm not the only one to notice how that stuff flakes up, I do like it BETTER than the black glue but I never get any more than 2weeks tops out of it and that's with one shampoo a week!
essence View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2006 at 3:22pm
la flaca  bela... there were alot of us on here back in the day that tried liquid gold and threw it out b/c of the flaking issue... but this was before skin wefts came out or b4 anyone started talking about using the tape for installs...... if it wasnt for the flakes i would be buying some stock in liquid gold. Big smile
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic