Extensions Plus

DRY HAIR Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Lady Gem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DRY HAIR Thread
    Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 4:35pm
Well my hair is super dry and I know I am not the only one. So lets help each other on this thread. What do you do about your dry hair? What works for you? What does not?
Sponsored Links

rolin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 4:37pm
AUSSIE MOIST!!!!!!!!! Most amazing product I have ever tried. Love it <3 Cowash with constantly. and my hair is no longer dry at all!
Zaharaluv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharaluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by rolin rolin wrote:

AUSSIE MOIST!!!!!!!!! Most amazing product I have ever tried. Love it <3 Cowash with constantly. and my hair is no longer dry at all!

I use this for my kinkycurly weave and it is great
tinapeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinapeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 3:38pm
My hair is super dry as well and even though it's winter my hair has never been this dry.  I am away at school and aware of the whole hard water scenario but I make sure the water is luke warm or colder before washing it.  I try deep conditioning, hot oil treatments, and the only time my hair feels soft enough is when the conditioner has been sitting in my hair for a few minutes. As soon as I wash it its back to being hard and prone to tangling.  Another fact contributing to this could be that I'm going longer without a perm because it's winter which is new to me but also my hair still feels dry and fragile after a perm. I run my finger through my hair and I can feel the hair popping off. I'm wondering if I should go back to perming my hair on the 6-8 week. I'm also wondering if maybe I should find a salon to take care of this. Any suggestions keep in mind I'm a college student very limited on funds.....very limited.  HELP!
Lady Gem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 6:02pm
tinapeach I hear you girl. I wash and DC every week. My hair hates cowashing and gets drier than ever when I do it so I do not cowash. I moisturise and seal daily and my hair only seems to feel moisturised maybe for a few hours and then after that dry as a desert. Right now I am stretching I am 11 weeks post and the further I go with my stretches the drier my hair gets. I am wondering if it is the hard water myself because I do not understand how on my wash day I use a moisturising shampoo a moisturizing condish a moisturizing dc, leave-in, moisturizer and then seal and then a couple hours after my hair is DRY. I am also going to increase my water intake as. I think I drink about 4-5 glasses a day I'll start using 6-8. I started this thread so we dry hair girls can provide some support to each other bcus its just overwhelming at times.
Reece83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reece83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 7:08pm
Qhemet biologics amla and olive heavy cream and oyin whipped pudding...at least in the cooler months
Cali naps View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali naps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 12:05am

Ors replenishing condish saved my hair. I also sleep with a shwer cap on a few times a week. It keeps my hair so moisturized that i don't have to add nothing to my hair in the morning. Sealing my ends with vaseline is the only thing that keeps them soft and moisturized. Now i have to worry about over moisturizing my hair!

Denny56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denny56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 12:18am
I spay a water/vegetable glycerin spritz a couple of times each week (my hair is natural).  I also started using Kim Love's leave in conditioner and that has made my hair a lot softer.  It’s not crunchy anymore!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXi2k4cFFhI

Edited by Denny56 - Jan 08 2011 at 12:20am
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 8:51pm
My vote so far is Oyin Handmade Hair dew.  Next up is the Burnt Sugar Pomade, Whipped Butter and Greg's Juice.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 9:39pm
I forgot to mention that it helps to seal my hair after I use a moisturizer like Oyin Hair Dew.  Lately Darcy's Botanicals MVSC is earning high marks in my book.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic