Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUpdate: LG Removal w Acetone and Touch Up???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update: LG Removal w Acetone and Touch Up???
    Posted: Jul 05 2006 at 12:18pm
OK Ladies.  I am preparing to remove my tracks that have been installed with LG so that I can give myself a touch up (relaxer).  I have 3 in the back and 3 on each side.  I was planning to use either acetone or C-22 for the removal.

My question:
Is it possible to remove the tracks and "immediately" do the touch up or do I have to remove the tracks wash it dry it then do the touch up?  Also, is it possible to use both the acetone and the C-22 together?

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jul 06 2006 at 7:20am
Sponsored Links

amandita View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2006 at 12:42pm
girl, i was thinking about doing the same thing TONIGHT...it is too much trying to apply product to this new growth and tying it down, that who shabang!...i have like two small tracks in the top that i use lg on so i am thinking that u could use olive oil to release them..,i used baby oil last time(that was all i had) and let it sit and rub it in...it released in like five minutes and doesnt leave a whole lot of residue.. have u ever touched up edges with your tracks in..? but sorry i dunno bout acetone and c-22 ...i am afraid of it, not of the acetone alone..but the acetone then touchup...but i could be all wrong though...so i will wait for someone to chime in on that Wink
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2006 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by amandita amandita wrote:

girl, i was thinking about doing the same thing TONIGHT...it is too much trying to apply product to this new growth and tying it down, that who shabang!...i have like two small tracks in the top that i use lg on so i am thinking that u could use olive oil to release them..,i used baby oil last time(that was all i had) and let it sit and rub it in...it released in like five minutes and doesnt leave a whole lot of residue.. have u ever touched up edges with your tracks in..? but sorry i dunno bout acetone and c-22 ...i am afraid of it, not of the acetone alone..but the acetone then touchup...but i could be all wrong though...so i will wait for someone to chime in on that Wink

I want to do mine TONIGHT too.  My new growth is competely out of control Confused

I think I will try the olive oil....5 minutes doesn't seem like a long time Wink

Anyway, I have never touched up my edges with the tracks in.  I was thinking the same thing about the acetone/relaxer combo....seems like it MIGHT be toooo harsh.......

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jul 05 2006 at 1:40pm
Marsha View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2006 at 1:03pm
ThoughtCouture-- Girl, I wouldn't do it!  I think enough stress is already put on the hair when you relax it immediately after a wash. 

Then to put either the C-22 or Acetone on it, which is drying, and relax on top of that...please don't...I think you are asking for trouble!  But I could be wrong.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2006 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Marsha Marsha wrote:

ThoughtCouture-- Girl, I wouldn't do it!  I think enough stress is already put on the hair when you relax it immediately after a wash. 

Then to put either the C-22 or Acetone on it, which is drying, and relax on top of that...please don't...I think you are asking for trouble!  But I could be wrong.

Dang....I think you may be right.....how long should I wait after removing the tracks with acetone then....b4 I can relax my hair Cry?????

People who use acetone please, respond Big smile
Marsha View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2006 at 1:11pm
ThoughtCouture--I am not really sure.  I would wait at least a couple of days.  Hopefully some others will weigh in. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2006 at 1:12pm
Thanks, Marsha!
sydsmom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2006 at 1:16pm

Same dilemma here. I took them out on Monday. Conditioned Tuesday and I am scared to do it today. I am gonna do it tom. morning. (fingers crossed)

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2006 at 1:28pm
Let me know how it goes!!!
essence View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2006 at 1:34pm
When I used to get fusion I would remove (acetone) and relax in the same day.....  I would just put some vaseline on my scalp to avoid any chemical damage to the scalp... And DEEP conditon afterwards... But of course if u can wait a week or 2 btw this type of stuff then thats clearly better...
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic