Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hair Product Review Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 56>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lamerci92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lamerci92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Product Review Thread
    Posted: Oct 15 2014 at 2:50pm
Hey everyone! for those with natural hair, I made a product review on my favorite items for wash and go's! they included mostly products that had little to no heavily processed ingredients.  you can see it here.  Enjoy Tongue

Sponsored Links

nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2014 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Myfaithrising Myfaithrising wrote:

Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Name of product: Jessicurl Deep Treatment
Hair texture/type: low porosity afro/natural
How did you use the product: After clarifying w/a baking soda/conditioner/distilled water rinse, I applied a good amount to my wet hair, then sat under my steamer for about 30 minutes.
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5): 5+++

Deep Treatment is tied with Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume as my fav conditioner. It is noticeably thicker than the first two. While steaming w/it I could feel my curls defining and getting tighter. I could also feel firm, root coils forming in new areas of my head, which is a sign of improving strand hydration. The conditioner rinses clean (all three do) and I could still feel my defined curls and root coils afterwards. My hair also felt lighter. I did apply a little more to my damp hair for the day's leave-in, then sealed with extra-virgin olive oil. My hair is very soft and curly.

Do not be deceived by Jessicurl conditioners. They are very light but are really good curl definers. More importantly, they are EXCELLENT moisturizing conditioners. And if the way they leave your hair looking and feeling is not enough, they are also sold in a 32 oz or Gallon size.

Hope this helps.
I bought a gallon of this stuff earlier on in my HHJ, that is how real my love was, unfortunately the PJ in me was led astray. Now that I'm on the MHM I am going back to the Deep Conditioner, I may even try the Too Shea. Thanks for the review!!
Wow...you bought the gallon. Think I'll start w/the 32oz. I'm a conditioner junkie. Aside from ACV, bentonite clay, and conditioner, I really don't care for any other goop in my hair, but my DIY flax seed gel recently won me over.

Edited by nothidden - Sep 25 2014 at 12:38pm
HairJunkie101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairJunkie101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2014 at 6:01pm
Nutress Hair Care System Nutress Transitioning Kit
These products have saved my life!!!! I was once suffering from breakage, split ends, thin hair, and dryness. But now my hair is beautiful ! The products do exactly what they say (stop breakage). I definately recommend you ladies try Nutress. You will fall in love just like I did. :)
Myfaithrising View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myfaithrising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

How did you use the product: After clarifying w/a baking soda/conditioner/distilled water rinse, I applied a good amount to my wet hair, then sat under my steamer for about 30 minutes.

Deep Treatment is tied with Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume as my fav conditioner. It is noticeably thicker than the first two. While steaming w/it I could feel my curls defining and getting tighter. I could also feel firm, root coils forming in new areas of my head, which is a sign of improving strand hydration. The conditioner rinses clean (all three do) and I could still feel my defined curls and root coils afterwards. My hair also felt lighter. I did apply a little more to my damp hair for the day's leave-in, then sealed with extra-virgin olive oil. My hair is very soft and curly.

Do not be deceived by Jessicurl conditioners. They are very light but are really good curl definers. More importantly, they are EXCELLENT moisturizing conditioners. And if the way they leave your hair looking and feeling is not enough, they are also sold in a 32 oz or Gallon size.

Hope this helps.

I bought a gallon of this stuff earlier on in my HHJ, that is how real my love was, unfortunately the PJ in me was led astray. Now that I'm on the MHM I am going back to the Deep Conditioner, I may even try the Too Shea. Thanks for the review!!
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 10:57am
Per the first page, I didn't see the below products so here's my review.

Name of product: Jessicurl Aloeba Daily
How did you use the product: As my Watered-down leave-In following the Max Hydration Method
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5): 5

Aloeba Daily is a very light conditioner even before watering down, but still moisturizes and defines curls very well.

Name of product: Jessicurl Too Shea
How did you use the product: Conditioning with and w/o heat (GHE, heat wrap, steamer); also watered-down leave-in following the Max Hydration Method
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5): 5

I was very surprised by Too Shea. Had it for a couple of months before trying. It's thicker than Aloeba Daily and is great for moisturizing and curl definition.

Hope this helps.

Edited by nothidden - Sep 12 2014 at 10:58am
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2014 at 2:15am

Palmers olive oil spray.... 2/5 i didn't think it was moisturizing enough for my natural hair
salwabidaoui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salwabidaoui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2014 at 12:34pm
http://treatmenthair-loss.blogspot.com/2014/08/8-ways-to-treat-hair-loss-and. - 8 ways to treat hair loss and strengthen the roots and increase the density of hair
DiscoveringNatural View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscoveringNatural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 11:25am
SheaMoisture SuperFruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System.

Here is my review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5jUrY0MYsg&index=1&list=PLCT7rEmj0Xky6XuOXgit_biwollZj4HXI - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5jUrY0MYsg&index=1&list=PLCT7rEmj0Xky6XuOXgit_biwollZj4HXI

Go to DiscoveringNatural on Youtube to see video if link does not work.
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 9:57am
Originally posted by ennoed ennoed wrote:

Organix Anti-Breakage Serum

Hair texture/type:  3C
How did you use the product:  serum
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5): StarStarStarStarStar

This is the only serum that has made my hair super super super soft with great shine!  It's hard to keep my hands out of my hair whenever I use this stuff.  It's PERFECT for roller setting - my hair is unbelievably soft and lightweight whenever I roller set with it.  It has light protein in it, but it works fine on my protein-sensitive relaxed ends (transitioning).  It smells great too!

This product line is like...my lifesaver.

The conditioner makes your hair SOOOOOOOO soft, and the anti-breakage serum just adds to that feeling of butter.  PLUS it all smells soooooooooo good!  I heard they make body washes in this scent too--I'm off to Ulta this week to get some!
ichoose2believe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ichoose2believe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:06am
OMG I love this Conditioner. ((Shea Moisture Restorative)) 

I am a newbie (and transitioning to natural) but I have been co-washing with VO5 Silk Milk Strawberry and Cream and then following up with this. My hair feel so nice. 

Edited by ichoose2believe - May 19 2014 at 9:07am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 56>