Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDoes Anyone Just Use Liquid Gold by Itself?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
cookie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does Anyone Just Use Liquid Gold by Itself?
    Posted: Jun 27 2006 at 7:55pm
Does Anyone Just Use Liquid Gold by Itself with regular tracks?  I know skin wefts are the best along with lace fronts, but I'm curious about using Liquid Gold with just plain tracks.  Not everyone is using lace fronts and skin wefts.  What are your experiences with Liquid Gold and do you have any tips and advice?

Edited by cookie - Jun 27 2006 at 7:57pm
Sponsored Links

angiedee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2006 at 8:16pm
Look up LG install...there is plenty of info on people who use it with just plain tracks
sydsmom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2006 at 8:57pm

Yeah--I used them with regular old BSS hair tracks. They stayed in solid for 2.5 weeks, then a few got loose. Washed one time.

Tip: apply it to the center of the weft, not the very top or it will show up and be a little crusty.

Put it on your hair and the weft and seal with a hot iron for like 5-15 seconds. Acetone takes it out nicely.

Edited by sydsmom - Jun 27 2006 at 8:59pm
Moria View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2006 at 9:17pm
what if the weft is not that big to place it in the middle?
la flaca bela View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2006 at 9:25pm

I have a question?  Why do they advertise any of these glues to hold for weeks and weeks when they never do? At best you may get 2 weeks and then  the natural oils  kick in and lift the glue!

sydsmom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2006 at 9:33pm

You don'r have to put it in the middle, I just found that if the glue dries kind of yellowish or squishes up, if it is in the middle, then either it cannot be detected or it pushes up a little a doesn't show. my first track, I didn't and I had to take it out and do it over right then and their. I am not sure how it woudl work with very thin wefts. I would test it out first. I glued a 2 inch piece to some old hair using the same procedure to try and gauge how much to use and tested it out. You might want to do the same. If you test it out remember to do the exact same thing you plan to do AND WAIT AT LEAST 10 minutes to see the real effect and evaluate how it dries so you can adjust as you see fit.

Also, my loose ones-I could tug them (I know you should not) and if I pulled it a loose more, my hair did not come out on it, like the black glue used to do. I didn't pull out a whole track, but I did lift up a tug two back AT LEAST 2 -3 inches when it was loose. So I felt good that it didn't rip my hair out, like the black stuff would.

Good luck ladies!
sherrie215 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2006 at 10:33pm
I have used LG (alone) alot for bonded wefts. I use the sandwich technique and I get 6 weeks on average wear. About 3 weeks without the sandwiching.  I used to use this method exclusively...now I like the pro-tac for ease of install and removal. But I still like LG and am thinking about using it with fluffy's techniques for my next install!
ILUVHAIR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2006 at 12:07am
Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

I have used LG (alone) alot for bonded wefts. I use the sandwich technique and I get 6 weeks on average wear. About 3 weeks without the sandwiching.  I used to use this method exclusively...now I like the pro-tac for ease of install and removal. But I still like LG and am thinking about using it with fluffy's techniques for my next install!

I dont know what I am doing wrong but even with the sandwiching I only get about 2 weeks before the lifting startsCry
sherrie215 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2006 at 6:53am
when you do the sandwiching, do you do the little 'tabs' on the ends of the wefts? If I dont do this step the ends will lift for me too, after about a week or two. When I do this step, I usually dont have any lifting for the duration of the install.
sydsmom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2006 at 7:03am

I think hair type may matter here Sherrie. I know you and Angie reported long hold and she has fine hair, you have European hair. Whereas those of us with 2 week results have coarser hair. That is the only difference I can predict.

Just my 2 cents.

Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic