BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Cosmetic Surgery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

invisalign vs regular braces?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
logeshwar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logeshwar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: invisalign vs regular braces?
    Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 3:56am
Invisalign Clear Braces are very good alternative for Traditional Braces, because it is made from invisible plastic material and it won't give pain or negative impressions. Also it solves all kind of teeth issues such as Teeth Crowding, Teeth Spacing and Teeth Bite Problems.

Edited by logeshwar - Jan 03 2014 at 3:59am
Sponsored Links

MochaBarbieDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MochaBarbieDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 4:45pm
I have regular braces, but you can ask for them to be clear. No one really knows I have braces unless they get up close and see the wire. With invisalign you have to wear them longer and it cost more
BeautyAddiction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyAddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by BeautyAddiction BeautyAddiction wrote:

I have actually had both , and I prefer regular braces because I see changes sooner and my time was much shorter. BUt I would prefer an invisalign type retaine because I hate teh hawley retainer

This was after my reglar braces PERFECT

After invisalign i still had a minor opening
BeautyAddiction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyAddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 11:01pm
I have actually had both , and I prefer regular braces because I see changes sooner and my time was much shorter. BUt I would prefer an invisalign type retaine because I hate teh hawley retainer
LeroyLamy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeroyLamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 7:53am
There is huge difference bewtween invisalign and refular braces, invisalign is much better, its invisible etc .. but Cost of invisalign is much higher, so you can see invisalign vs braces cost here: http://bracesmania.com/braces/invisalign-vs-braces/ - http://bracesmania.com/braces/invisalign-vs-braces/

source: http://bracesmania.com - http://bracesmania.com

Edited by LeroyLamy - Dec 14 2012 at 7:55am
Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by zigmarlee zigmarlee wrote:

Sorry to hear the person who posted that they may have to undergo jaw surgery now..I don't know the specifics about your case, but ortho is a prediction of what may happen. Sometimes, even with the best efforts, the results aren't what you may hope. I know it's frustrating, sounds like you need to do a consult with another orthodontist. Curious to know if you went through a chain office or a private practice...

I tell my patients with gaps that they insist on a permanent retainer..if you have a gap, you're body thinks it's normal and will ALWAYS revert back..

Invisilign is cool if you can afford it and you do exactly what you're told..I've only see 2 cases where it didnt work out for people and that was because they had very dense bone and the acrylic trays just couldnt move the teeth like metal could . If you cant afford Invisilign but want to decrease the time being a brace face look into
SMART BRACES..metal but the wire is bent by a robot instead of a human..without getting all technical..it makes the teeth move faster .

You wont get gum disease and infections with braces if you take care of them. 99% of the patients I see do not clean them thoroughly enough..you have to step your cleanigs up to 4 times a year instead of 2 and u need to invest in a Waterpik, superfloss, an electric toothbrush like a Sonicare or a Oral B, and MI Paste..can't stress this enough!!

nemesis1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemesis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2011 at 10:30pm

Sorry to hear the person who posted that they may have to undergo jaw surgery now..I don't know the specifics about your case, but ortho is a prediction of what may happen. Sometimes, even with the best efforts, the results aren't what you may hope. I know it's frustrating, sounds like you need to do a consult with another orthodontist. Curious to know if you went through a chain office or a private practice...

I tell my patients with gaps that they insist on a permanent retainer..if you have a gap, you're body thinks it's normal and will ALWAYS revert back..

Invisilign is cool if you can afford it and you do exactly what you're told..I've only see 2 cases where it didnt work out for people and that was because they had very dense bone and the acrylic trays just couldnt move the teeth like metal could . If you cant afford Invisilign but want to decrease the time being a brace face look into SMART BRACES..metal but the wire is bent by a robot instead of a human..without getting all technical..it makes the teeth move faster .

You wont get gum disease and infections with braces if you take care of them. 99% of the patients I see do not clean them thoroughly enough..you have to step your cleanigs up to 4 times a year instead of 2 and u need to invest in a Waterpik, superfloss, an electric toothbrush like a Sonicare or a Oral B, and MI Paste..can't stress this enough!!

This's great advice Smile.

Edited by nemesis1 - Mar 21 2011 at 10:34pm
Ms.Tee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 10:57pm

Invisilign is cool if you can afford it and you do exactly what you're told..I've only see 2 cases where it didnt work out for people and that was because they had very dense bone and the acrylic trays just couldnt move the teeth like metal could . If you cant afford Invisilign but want to decrease the time being a brace face look into SMART BRACES..metal but the wire is bent by a robot instead of a human..without getting all technical..it makes the teeth move faster .

EXACTLY!!!  I have traditional metal braces and I love they way my teeth look now!!  I was always terrified of going to the dentist and was a long time thumb-sucker which resulted in an open bite.  Now, 20 months later, my teeth are straight as ever!  My ortho did let me know that if he couldn't get my gap completely closed, then jaw surgery would be an option.  I am now obsessed with straight teeth!  I can do things I don't remember ever being able to do like...bite into chicken wings and french fries!
zigmarlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigmarlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2011 at 10:28am
Originally posted by bkt2004 bkt2004 wrote:

I had braces twice in life...sigh...1st time a parental fault, this last time is mines, I lost my retainer and my ortho wanted to charge me millions of dollars (not literally, but you get the jist) for a replacement. By the time I came up with the mulah, my teeth had already shifted too much and they told me I would have to get braces again! Negative. I am, however, looking to get invisalign in the next few years because I despise crooked teeth and my teeth have shifted (They arent terrible, but I like the uniform look of straight teeth), however I have been told numerous times (by a few dentists) that I need to remove my wisdom teeth as all four have grown in, yet I have no problems with them. I thing I should have invested in invisalign the 2nd go round, I don't care if I have to wear them for 5 years or forever as long as my teeth are straight til I die! lol 

Girl..PULL them wisdom teeth!! they might be a reason your teeth shifted, they dont function to chew food, and normally u cant keep them clean...

zigmarlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigmarlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2011 at 10:25am

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>