Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Official Black History Thread!!!! (GREAT READ)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The Official Black History Thread!!!! (GREAT READ)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 229>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 21 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NancyTrillosi View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote NancyTrillosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Official Black History Thread!!!! (GREAT READ)
    Posted: Jul 24 2010 at 11:37pm
Tell us stuff about black history that you think or know white folks lied about...

Or just drop some really important little known facts about BLACK history in this mug...

But yeah...

Let me know something...

*waits*

Edited by BHMModerator5 - Mar 19 2012 at 8:30pm
Sponsored Links

pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2010 at 11:42pm
Patrice LaMumba was executed by the US. It was ordered by the CIA who at the time was under the direction of Bush Sr.

His body was dissolved in a vat of sulphur.

Our US government tried to blackmail Coretta Scott King by sending her pictures of the white woman her husband was sleeping with. They wanted her to convince MLK Jr. to commit suicide as his popularity had gained incredible momentum.

I've mentioned this before but traditionally it is not the color 'black' that is worn to funerals. It is white.

For those who live in Atlanta, the very popular area called "Buckhead" with all its glitz and glam was actually named such because white men used to bring their wives and children and literally chase and eventually murder young "bucks" and that was their neighborhood festival.

I have more but I'm at work.

Edited by pattigurlatl - Jul 24 2010 at 11:43pm
Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2010 at 11:45pm
oh my oh my.

anybody want to add some jamaican black history to the mix for some young yardies?

mek mi kno sumptin too
NancyTrillosi View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NancyTrillosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2010 at 11:46pm
All colored persons history is welcomed in here...

Not just American blacks...

I want everyone to gain something from this...

LOL @ me saying colored...

The hell...LOL
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2010 at 11:47pm
um.... if I hear one more person saying "they gave us black history month.in February....b/c its the shortest month of the yr"
I'm liable to kill.

learn the real reason BHM is in February..and shut up.
onechase View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onechase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2010 at 11:47pm
The Emancipation Proclamation That Wasn't: Abraham Lincoln In Wonderland

Every schoolchild knows that two and two is four and that Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves.

The arithmetic is sound, but the history is false.

Abraham Lincoln was not the great emancipator or the small emancipator or the economy-sized emancipator.

And contrary to what almost all kindergartens and universities have taught for the last 136 years, the Emancipation Proclamation did not free the slaves and was never intended to free the slaves

Nobody knew this better than Lincoln, who deliberately drafted the document so that it "freed" the slaves in Confederate-controlled areas where he couldn't free them and left them in slavery in Union-held areas where he could have freed them.

To make sure there was no confusion about what he was doing, Lincoln said in the document that he was personally excluding slaves in 13 Louisiana parishes, including New Orleans, seven Virginia counties, including Norfolk, and 48 West Virginia counties. Also excluded by order of "the great emancipator" were the 276,000 slaves in the state of Tennessee. Since the proclamation did not apply to slaves in "loyal" Border States (Maryland, Missouri, Kentucky and Delaware), the document everybody praises and nobody reads did little if any emancipating.

RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2010 at 11:48pm
The Bahamas celebrated their 37th Independence Day from the British at the beginning of this month  Approve 
Doc Holiday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Holiday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2010 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Patrice LaMumba was executed by the US. It was ordered by the CIA who at the time was under the direction of Bush Sr.

His body was dissolved in a vat of sulphur.

Our US government tried to blackmail Coretta Scott King by sending her pictures of the white woman her husband was sleeping with. They wanted her to convince MLK Jr. to commit suicide as his popularity had gained incredible momentum.

I've mentioned this before but traditionally it is not the color 'black' that is worn to funerals. It is white.

For those who live in Atlanta, the very popular area called "Buckhead" with all its glitz and glam was actually named such because white men used to bring their wives and children and literally chase and eventually murder young "bucks" and that was their neighborhood festival.

I have more but I'm at work.

When you have more time, I would like for you to elaborate on this.
queencocobrown View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote queencocobrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2010 at 11:52pm
The panther 21 was tried and made into political prisoners and charged with conspiracy to blow up the New York Botanical Gardens, department stores, etc. However, the were all aqquited of all charges because the jury saw the bullshyt.

If that was not enough, months later, the panthers were raided again and killed by NYPD. The NYPD claimed that it was self defense but later evidence showed that those murdered were murdered in their sleep.
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2010 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Eden. Eden. wrote:

oh my oh my.

anybody want to add some jamaican black history to the mix for some young yardies?

mek mi kno sumptin too
Ryan Peralto Sr. paid thugs to shoot up East Kingston in the 60s. I was told that OT Williams distributed guns at a meeting at a primary school in Kingston 20
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 229>
  Share Topic