Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Oily Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Cleansing Method

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mostafa01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mostafa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Cleansing Method
    Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 9:47pm
nice post ! thank you for sharing this information
http://best-make-up-for-oily-skin.blogspot.com/ - best makeup for oily skin

Edited by mostafa01 - Oct 12 2013 at 9:49pm
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 1:13pm
Well, I don't know if my face gets used to it or what but I stopped with the coconut oil because my face looked greasy and there was no more visible difference.
I was sleeping with coconut oil on my face, maybe that was the problem; after a while, it clogged the pores instead of cleansing them. I tried castor oil and the hot towel like it was suggested on the first post and I didn't see any results.
marissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 7:52am
I have tried the OCM years before with food grade coconut, olive, grapeseed, sweet almond, and jojoba oils (not all at once but on separate occasions). I truly hated it because I kept getting pimples afterward.

Recently, I bought Auracacia grapeseed oil (in the actual face/beauty section in the store, not the food isle) and it works wonders for me. I am starting to wonder if it was the quality of those oils that actually caused the acne? Anyway, I just rub a bit of the oil in between my palms and massage it in my dry skin for about 2 minutes. Then I use a warm, damp paper towel to wipe away the oil. Afterward, I use regular soap/cleanser to wash away the excess oil. It makes my skin very soft and I believe it has helped to get rid of some of my acne. My face feels smoother and softer.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 2:26pm
What I have been doing that works is getting wetting a washcloth with hot water and leaving on my face for less than a minute. Before sleeping I apply coconut oil on my face and the acne is pretty much gone!
I noticed that applying cream, lotion or anything else and leaving overnight on my face doesn't compare to what I have been doing.

I plan in getting tea tree oil or peppermint oil to feel the tingling sensation that Emily mentioned Smile
Emily Loretta View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

To get rid of the dark spots exfoliate with sea salt or sugar 2-3x a week. You need to be consistent. Over time you will see a difference. Once they are gone, then cut down to exfoliating 1c a week for maintenance. If you get the occasional pimple the dark spots don't have time to get dark.

Really! I exfoliate my lips with sugar now, and that's definitely helping me get the softest lips ever. So I'll try exfoliating with sugar next on my face probable tonight before bed. Thanks hun! I really hope this woks, I hate my dark spots!  
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 2:20am
To get rid of the dark spots exfoliate with sea salt or sugar 2-3x a week. You need to be consistent. Over time you will see a difference. Once they are gone, then cut down to exfoliating 1c a week for maintenance. If you get the occasional pimple the dark spots don't have time to get dark.
Emily Loretta View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Emily Loretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 1:49pm
I use castor oil, evoo, and peppermint oil, the peppermint gives my face a deep cleansing and cooling feeling. I just added vitamin e oil this morning. Tonight when I get home and do the OCM I'll see how the addition of vitamin e works out. But i love the ocm method so far, it reallyy has cleared my skin of acne and has left it soft and moisturized. I'm still playing around with how much to put on though. Less is definately more. Oh and instead of a wash rag I boil water and hold my face over the boil while the stean rses to open my pores, I really love it! lol Just gotta get rid of the dark spots now. Anyone got stips for that?
m33lah09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m33lah09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 1:22am
I have been doing this with castor and olive oil, I don't know how much I just pour a little of each in my hand. I actually like it, my face doesn't get as oily but I use it over night. Is it ok to do this twice a day? In the mornings I wash my face with my regular face wash and then put on some moisturizer but I'm noticing when I do that my face goes right back to being and oily and I even get some pimples. Anyone else experiencing this?
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 5:58am
You must use the right oil for your skin. I know Olive oil is no good for my skin..for me..almond oil and jojoba oil, almond oil and sunflower oil, almond oil and coconut oil all worked for me. I only stopped because I didn't have water hot enough to steam my face anymore..the right oil combination is key..you have to know what oils your skin likes. 
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2012 at 9:07pm
Well I am using a oil cleanser by Kose or Softymo that is agreeing with my skin.  I am glad about that.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>