Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The Ultimate Kinky Curly Thread (All Vendors)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 289>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jeli20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeli20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Ultimate Kinky Curly Thread (All Vendors)
    Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 12:58pm
Thinking about ordering again from Kinkycurlyyaki.com I had such a good experience with them the first time around and my hair lasted a year. 

Are people still getting crappy hair from them, lately? 
Sponsored Links

cutescorpio View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutescorpio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 11:43am
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

I want 24 and 20 inches of kinky curly from all about my hair. Little leaveout around the perimeter and a little for a side part. Will 2 packs look full if I split the weft, or should I get a third pack of 18 inch? I feel like my beautician thinned it out a lot last time but I cant remember.

If you split the wefts you should be fine, if not you might want to get a 3rd pack.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 11:36am
I want 24 and 20 inches of kinky curly from all about my hair. Little leaveout around the perimeter and a little for a side part. Will 2 packs look full if I split the weft, or should I get a third pack of 18 inch? I feel like my beautician thinned it out a lot last time but I cant remember.
london View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote london Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 2:48pm
I wont ever buy from Hot Hair again, seriously! I bought from them more trouble than their worth. Messed up orders, first time I gave them benefit if doubt, second time, more fool me! serious shedding and tangles after the first wash. Also I find their practice questionable, lies, manipulation.... I'd steer well clear! Just my opinion though.

Sorry you exp that too blackpgem 😟
cutescorpio View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutescorpio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 2:34pm
^^^I like the versatility. Cute
BlackpGem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlackpGem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 10:33am

I decided to share my experience with Hot hair products on aliexpress. I ordered 3 bundles:  16, 18, 20 and 12 inch 4x4 closure. With shipping and what discounts I could find everything totaled about 199. When the hair arrived, it looked like your typical kinky processed curls, the bundles looked decent, true to length.

I've had the hair in for what will be 8 weeks this Wednesday (this is my longest install of any kind everrr). The hair held up beautifully for the first 2-3 weeks, any tangles came out with ease when cowashing. There was a lot of shedding throughout but I didn't mind since my install was very very full (my hairstylist didn't do the best job esp w the closure as you'll see in the pics). After the first few weeks the hair began to show its true color-de tangling in the shower was no longer a breeze and I would find find small matted sections which were soo much fun to get out. I ended up getting the silicon mix shampoo and conditioner which worked miracles. For the last two weeks I've been having a love/hate relationship w the hair. Not really so much love, more like "oh wow, I think I can deal w this another wk". I've been making it work with twist outs and Bantu knot outs. The top is definitely matted curls but with the frizziness you can't tell-if that makes any sense.

Would I get this hair again, umm honestly probably not. I Lovved my onyc hair minus the ridiculous shedding but the curls were beautiful and it never tangled. This hair was okay while it lasted and I love the color after bleaching. 

Day of the install
[/URL]

Twist out next morning
[/URL]

Bantu knot [/URL]

My not so good closure, most days I did a decent job in hiding it, this wasn't one
[/URL]

Old twist out dampened
[/URL]

Hair bleached more. Bantu knot out from this past wk
[/URL]
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 7:07pm
No I don't braid at night, I have been neglecting this hair so I took it out to learn how to maintain it before I put it back in. The next time I install this hair ill be with clip in extensions so how would I take care of them at night? I was thinking to remove the extensions at night and two strand twist my own hair then clip in and style in the morning?
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:59am

it should not mat up everyday or at all actually unless you are doing a lot of manipulation on a regular basis

but it sounds like you will have to detangle everyday

do you braid it up at night?
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 8:59am
How do you go about not coming the hair? My kc gets matted at the root so I have to detangle almost everyday or I'll spend two hours or more trying to detangle.
shannelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shannelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 6:00am
Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

I ordered some KC from aliexpress back in May. I used a vendor this youtube chic used.

I just big chopped my APL length hair back in March due to heat damage and wanted to put away all my hair and just leave my edges out for a natural look. I sewed in the wefts and used some beauty supply loose braiding hair and crocheted/latch hooked the part. Blended in very nicely.

I've worn KC on and off for about four years and found that it all sheds at some point. I just don't comb or brush it. I treat it like my natural hair and only finger detangle while in the shower and with conditioner in it. Sometimes I'll denman the ends if I want ringlets at the ends.

I also maintain by redoing the crocheted synthetic hair every 3-4 weeks as that starts looking crappy after awhile. I'll post pics soon if I remember

Pics? I would love to see what it looks like...thinking of my next hairstyle 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 289>