Forum LockedKeeping Control of Wagman Deep Curl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Carla From VA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeping Control of Wagman Deep Curl
    Posted: May 25 2006 at 4:52pm
OK, I've been reading about the problems some folks are having with their curly textures of Wagman hair.  The curlier the hair, the more upkeep you will need to keep it looking good and not like a bushy afro (think Diana Ross).  All the indian hair I've bought seems to love moisture like olive oils or mango butter.  So last night I applied Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer to the hair while it was dry, fingercombed, then tied my scarf on and went to bed.  When I arose, the hair was so soft and smooth.  I misted it with a little water and added some Beyond the Zone Noodle Head.  For my leave out area, I had did a roller set with peach perm rods which came out way too curly, so I put a little bit of IC Sparklelite gel on the ends, then tied on a doo rag while I got dressed for work.  When I took the scarf off, the leave out area was blended in with the Wagman hair, and the Wagman hair was soft, shiny and in control.  If this hair is not given the moisture it wants, it will get very poofy on you.  Some like this look, some don't.  You can't use your rattail comb or denman brush on this hair in the morning, it will be poofy.  Fingercombing while wet is all it takes.  No it is not maintenance free (what hairstyle is, even braids have to be maintained).  But the ease of use comes from the fact that you don't have to apply heat to your hair and risk damaging it.  You don't have to worry that your perm isn't fresh because you've got a head full of curls.  But I know everyone likes a different look, but I just wanted to throw that out there.  The looser wave textures like their bodywave (think JadeDimps) will certainly be easier to maintain because you can easily run a comb through it and go.  Also, I think how your hair is put on and cut makes a difference too.  I had to take 4 rows out and do some maneuvering to make the hair look right, it was way too thick at first and bottom heavy like Tracy Ellis Ross.  A lighter weave application and layering with the scissors and razor made it flow more naturally and also helps with the poofiness it can get.  I do a conditioner wash in between shampoos to keep the hair looking fresh.  Then when it is sopping wet, I comb it with the wide tooth comb.  Never anything more than the fingers when its dry.  But the most important thing I have found for this hair is moisture, moisture, moisture.  That olive oil makes a world of difference, and its not expensive.  As for shedding, its definitely not Extensions Plus, but its not bss hair either.  I have some shedding of course, but not like just walking through the house dripping hair, or finding hair in my daughter's crib.  I think if I had took time to throw some nail glue on the cut ends, I probably wouldn't have any shedding at all.  Mine has not been bad, but I don't attack it with the combs and brushes, just fingercombing unless its wet from the shower.  And I haven't had tangling unless I let it get as dry as toast.  I did notice that my 18" hair has much looser curls than some of the posts I've seen with 14 or 12 inch hair.  But I like it, so its cool.  I still like this company, and me and my mom are planning on getting a pound of the bodywave, JadeDimps has us both sold on that look.
Sponsored Links

Lovelee2001 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 5:16pm
Thanks for the info Carla. Smile

'making personal note to get mango butter'
yaki1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 5:20pm

Thanks Carla very useful information you gave us there. Smile

koffeebrown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 5:40pm
Carla, u done broke it down girl. Great info!
LiveLife View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 6:03pm

Good info for the curly wearers. Clap

DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 7:55pm
Dang ya'll ALMOST got me convinced to give curly a try again.. LOVE THE LOOK.. Ya'll curly babes look HOT!!!

I'm gettin' the Body Wave next.. I was already down with this hair, see Jade rock it really had me on FIRE to get it... Don't know if I'll wear it as well as she did..

Carla.. you look great.. good lookin' on the post.. very timely...

Edited by DivaVocals - May 25 2006 at 7:56pm
Brandiwine21 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 8:41pm

Thanks Carla for posting this. I will add that curly hair can be HASSLE FREE but not maintenance free. The biggest issue w/ curly hair wearers is they have to know how to take care of it. If you're used to straight hair or maintaining your relaxed hair, it's not the same ball park. I'm a curly head myself, and my hair got really dry, unmanageable  and poofy before I learned how to care for it. But it's not difficult to learnSmile You can also achieve a myriad of looks w/ the proper technique. For instance, combing leave in moisturizer or a detangling product with some 'slip' while the hair is sopping wet, then air drying will create defined curls. Making big braids while the hair is wet creates waves. And these are just a few simple ideas. You should visit curly hair sites to learn how to care for it. But once you do that, everything is simpler. Smile

SouthernFlair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Brandiwine21 Brandiwine21 wrote:

Thanks Carla for posting this. I will add that curly hair can be HASSLE FREE but not maintenance free. The biggest issue w/ curly hair wearers is they have to know how to take care of it. If you're used to straight hair or maintaining your relaxed hair, it's not the same ball park. I'm a curly head myself, and my hair got really dry, unmanageable  and poofy before I learned how to care for it. But it's not difficult to learnSmile You can also achieve a myriad of looks w/ the proper technique. For instance, combing leave in moisturizer or a detangling product with some 'slip' while the hair is sopping wet, then air drying will create defined curls. Making big braids while the hair is wet creates waves. And these are just a few simple ideas. You should visit curly hair sites to learn how to care for it. But once you do that, everything is simpler. Smile

I have a stupid question, what does some slip mean?Confused

Edited by SouthernFlair - May 25 2006 at 9:12pm
Brandiwine21 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 10:45pm

Hahaha sorry about that. Some slip means a product with humectants like glycerin, for instance, that is slippery and keeps moisture in the hair while allowing you to style it with ease. For a drug store product, I use Garnier Fructis moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and it leaves the hair smooth and silky. It also dries super soft and manageable (for my own hair as well).

Moria View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 10:50pm
the comb glides easily through that product
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic