Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Wig Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 142>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
darealtipwifey1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darealtipwifey1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Wig Thoughts
    Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 9:41am
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

i was watching a you tube guru teaching us how to care and maintain our synthetic wigs.

They kind of get "caught up" on being cute/comical and get distracted from the information.

I need to know when you should finally "toss" you wig. what more can you do before you just say, it's not wearable anymore?

this one guru just said: "i see women walking around with a wig that gave up the ghost, long time ago".. and started being cute versus explaining what this means. 

i'm learning that giving up the ghost regarding synthetic wigs means:

It's texture has become stiff/brittle even after using fabric softener treatments/soaking..

the curls become frizzy or "crispy" even with conditioner  or wig spray

The wig loses it's sheen and becomes dull looking

the curls are no longer bouncy, but stiff/tangled at the ends.

the hair feels "wiry" and you can't run your fingers throughout without them getting "stuck".

honestly, ladies.. many of us are still new to the wig game. and at one time i really had no idea when to throw out my wig.

Right... that's why I stopped watching videos to teach me how to do stuff. Most of them just want to be seen and not heard. I'll much rather be self taught. 
Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:16pm
i was watching a you tube guru teaching us how to care and maintain our synthetic wigs.

They kind of get "caught up" on being cute/comical and get distracted from the information.

I need to know when you should finally "toss" you wig. what more can you do before you just say, it's not wearable anymore?

this one guru just said: "i see women walking around with a wig that gave up the ghost, long time ago".. and started being cute versus explaining what this means. 

i'm learning that giving up the ghost regarding synthetic wigs means:

It's texture has become stiff/brittle even after using fabric softener treatments/soaking..

the curls become frizzy or "crispy" even with conditioner  or wig spray

The wig loses it's sheen and becomes dull looking

the curls are no longer bouncy, but stiff/tangled at the ends.

the hair feels "wiry" and you can't run your fingers throughout without them getting "stuck".

honestly, ladies.. many of us are still new to the wig game. and at one time i really had no idea when to throw out my wig.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Apr 13 2014 at 8:18pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:49pm
well, this is kind of weird.

i wear wigs as a protective style.  Usually curly ones that are as close to 4c as i can get which is 3c in the wig texture.

Either way. someone complimented me on my wig, (curly) and said: "Wow, i like it better when your hair is in curls, instead of when you wear your hair in a bun.  It looks so severe when you wear your back.  When it frames your face, it looks you look so sexy!"

okay, ladies, i have 4c f&*&cking hair.. it's not curly.. it's kinky. with it being so uneven and reverts so quickly, i cannot FRAME MY FACE with it.  the moment i let it down even for a "twist" bang, it reverts to 2" or less.. it looks like little dwarf potatoes sticking up on my forehead.

wearing it in a bun is probably the safest thing i can do for my hair.  Thus, now folks like my wigs instead of my natural hair due to lack of styling options.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 10:52pm
Fairy wigs...

i always thought they were "dodgy" with their wig prices.

There's a wig that i bought from Ebonyline which i absolutely hated when it arrived $70 + shipping and handling.

They are selling that same piece of crap wig for $136 for their regular price.

Now that it's after New Years, they've cut discounted it at 50% off.

i really have a problem with wig websites that use celebrity pics...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 11:58am
okay....

I was ready to order my Vanessa Oprah 2 from Sam's again.  and guess what?  The color i wanted is "Out of Stock".. 

The wig is on sale $29.99 - but it in colors that i can't wear.  It's either these wig stores will only have ONE in stock, or it's out of stock.

damn the bad luck!

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 3:59pm
some one posted in this section about ordering wigs..

i did exactly as i told them, and guess what?  it works.

when ordering from wig shops, i had a tendency to choose one of the more popular colors: (#1b, #2 or #4.)  I also gave them the option of a SECOND CHOICE. #P24/7 #P/30.

What most wig companies will do? they'll send the 2nd option.

If you want only one color, put it also in THE SECOND OPTION BOX.

Either they have it, or they don't.

MetallicHarmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicHarmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:36pm
Haven't worn Outre's Sofia out yet but I brushed her out and tried her on and OH MY GOD!!! She is soft, long, perfect color, not too shiny, and gorgeous!!! If she holds up fairly well she may become one of my stable wigs. I might have to order her in bulk! lol
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 10:09am
hmmm..

after buying 2 straight wigs... Yaki Perm Straight, and Vivica Fox "Rumer"

There's something i'm noticing that i never considered in buying wigs.

The cap itself.  For some, this must be second nature.. After about a year or 2 of wearing them, i should have that knowledge under my belt by now.Ouch

the It's a Wig Yaki perm straight is pretty much the same texture and length as Vivica's. 

Vivica's is a bit on the silkier side which makes it harder to keep pinned up, especially with the layering.  The "It's Wig" is easier for pin up styles, as well as a ponytail.Smile

The Vivica Fox Bio-Form cap is what makes her wigs a bit more expensive.  Once that puppy is on your head, it's not going anywhere.  It's a full cap stretch..and very snug, light and so comfortable.  No pins needed.

The "It's Wig" cap is snug, at first, but after few wears, it tends to get a bit looser quicker.  thus, i use bobby pins to ensure it doesn't slide.  Wearing a Mesh wig cap is very helpful for this.  The holes in the mesh help to ensure the bobby pins will stay secured.

2 good wigs.  Vivica's is more expensive due to the wig cap/slightly silkier texture.

It's a Wigs is more affordable, with more versatility.  After a few wearings, slip in some bobby pins if it feels a little loose.

MetallicHarmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicHarmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 11:56pm
Waiting for my purchase from Ebonyline to come in. I ordered Model Model's Berrytini, Mint Slice, another Freetress Runway Girl, a wig brush, and a ponytail. I really hope I like them!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 8:25pm
i mustalso add?

Black Hairspray did a great job. i used to lurk on this forum back in the day, and man, the reviews were so bad, i even hesitated to order the 2 wigs from this company.

i received an email, and a shipping confirmation within 24 hrs. and had my wigs w/in about 3-5 business days.

unfortunately, i tried to re-order 2 of the vanessa wigs, and of course, they put a 1 wig limit on it.

Thus, we'll if my other go-to wig store will come through..they just recently dropped the ball due to Chinese holiday..

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 142>