Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > Setting Lotions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Re: DOMINICAN HAIR SALONS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jayedommi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayedommi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re: DOMINICAN HAIR SALONS
    Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 11:13pm
Ooooo I sooo' need to reply to this because I for one am 100% Dominicana !!!
Okay, 
So, I'm new here and don't want to make anyone mad, so please no one take offense to my reply.

The difference between Dominicans and African Americans is usually pretty obvious so I won't go all into super duper detail on that.

But, Dominicans are made up of European, Spainiard, and African decent so that is why all Dominicans don't look the same..some very light to very dark. That's why all Dominicans do not have the same hair type either, all Dominicans have a different hair types.

I think for people who have never been to DR cannot understand, that products Dominicans use in the salons are picked on the type of hair you have. (Meaning, when Dominican stylist feel your hair, they know what product to use to give the hair the best results) a typical Beauty Salon in DR has hundreds and if thousands of hair products to choose from...Dominican Beauty Supplies in DR have nothing on beauty supplies here in the US !!! (That is a fact !!)

Also, I have been to black salons and they sit you under a dry, blow dry, and straighten your hair and I cannot believe people on here are complaining about this at Dominican salons, its pretty much the same thing...duh.

The products Dominicans use are more than good and more than protective for the hair. Dominicans truly have really good hair products, and I'm not just saying that because i'm fully Dominican.

Personally, I typically only use Dominican hair products that I order online, that come straight from the DR. I find that many products in the US are ultra processed and have a lot of chemicals. Most products made in the DR are all natural and have little to no chemicals.

Adding a little more, then I'm done/
The language barrier...I myself can understand. I speak with my own accent and I sometimes have language barriers with others trying to understand me. I do, speak both Spanish and English, and sometimes it is easier to speak the native language but, people do please be mindful that many Dominicans speak English, please don't let an accent think Dominicans' can't speak English.

Language barriers also are from all people and all cultures, not just Dominicans please don't stereotype.

Sponsored Links

Loveroflife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Loveroflife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2011 at 10:05am
PricesSmile at Dominican salons are great.
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2011 at 10:54pm
Some black salons will eff your damn hair up that's why i stick to doing it myself. I went to a supposedly black salon last year to get my hair done. I had to wait on the stylist and when she showed up I saw that she was hispanic. ( I have not one thing in this world against hispanic people, but i did not know if she could deal with my hair texture.) Turns out i was right. Instead of sectioning off my hair to blow dry it, she just went after all my hair at one time with a comb. It took everything in me not cry. She did end up flat ironing it correctly but it took forever. They also charged me more than they said. I've been to another black salon that effed up my hair, so i'm not going to agree that only blacks can do black hair well
iLoveMrCortez View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iLoveMrCortez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2011 at 9:56am
I've never been to one and honestly I am kind of wary about going. Yes some dominicans have black textured hair, but not all of them do. Do the straight haired ones also go to the Dominican salons and get their hair treated the same way? I am cautious about treating 2b hair the way you would treat 3c/4a hair so IDK I think I'll stick to my black salons
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 6:05pm
I honestly can't trust any stylist with my hair..They either cut to much,don't listen, or are just way to rough for no reason. I have learned to just avoid all salons wether they are dominican or african american.
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 5:59pm
i would never, EVER allow them to relax my hair.
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 5:59pm
i would never, EVER allow them to relax my hair.
Luvee90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvee90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by chinadoll77 chinadoll77 wrote:

I don't hold things or hand things out when I get my hair done.Why am I paying you to provide a service if I'm going to assist you. That's like going out to eat, and having to prepare the food myself.....
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 5:57am
I prefer Dominican salons because they are cheaper and my hair comes out looking better.....but I know many African American stylists that don't use that technique but achieve the same results as the Dominican blowout and use better products but charge so much more.
Not all Dominicans have long, healthy looking hair and not all African Americans do either...it truly depends on the stylist and the products being used.
queenb714 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenb714 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 8:59pm
LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style