Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

Random Growth Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 491>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

MyFashionHair.com

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 4.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nitagurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitagurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Growth Thoughts
    Posted: Apr 26 2015 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

^You do not see other races of women doing extreme big chops frequently. If they are team long hair they tend to stay that way over their life time and vice versa. Reminds me of extreme bipolar behavior. Just my opinion.

PS Perhaps a more judicious way of viewing it is that these ladies were never really team long hair. They just happened to achieve it and did not see any value in it.  Whereas for me, long hair has been my only life long dream with regard to my hair. I guess you are right that they have different goals..   I just feel totally betrayed and enraged that they would cut off such beautiful long hair! Angry Makes me not interested in following anyone's long hair journey bc at any moment they might spaz out and chop it all off Ermm
I really believe these words:

"But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering."

1 Corinthians 11:15

THIS!! THIS!!!! Every word. YES!

Edited by Nitagurl - Apr 26 2015 at 6:00pm
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2015 at 9:48am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3051179/Meet-real-life-RAPUNZELS-cope-hair-long-sit-it.html#v-3866540950001
rapunzels

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 26 2015 at 3:11pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2015 at 9:59pm
I have to straighten my hair to find out how much it grew. My hair is looking so weird because I have hair growing above the nape that is curly and above that is wavy-ish so it looks so puffy and weird, kinda like as if I had a weave that is not blending with my hairDead

I have taken pics already but I need to straighten it to really make a comparison.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2015 at 4:03pm

0.1,percent Melatonin applied topically helps to prolong growth phase.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14996107

Consumption of MSM supplements may also help hair to remain in anagen phase longer thus enabling hair to achieve longer lengths than genetically programmed. Combine this with not cutting off any hair ever and the hair can achieve longer lengths.

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 14 2015 at 4:10pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2015 at 12:39pm
Growth Aid Tincture infusing

There is horsetail herb, onion, garlic, red pepper and vodka in there. I will shake it everyday for 2-4 weeks then strain off the solids and use it. The liquid has turned dark reddish brown. I will add another small bottle of vodka and a bit more of red pepper flakes to the concoction and continue the infusing process.
Currently I am using the crock pot version in a base of oil not vodka. Once this is done I can switch up between oil some days and tincture other days. The oil version contains, coconut oil, baobab oil, grape seed oil and castor oil as its base. It contains the same ingredients of onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, ground coffee beans and horsetail herb. They were steeped in the crock pot for 5 hours in the oil and then strained. The mixture also contains a tbspns of sublimated sulfur powder and 3 tbspns of biotin powder.. I've been using that for a couple weeks. I just added the 3 table spoons of biotin powder to the oil version. Variations of this product are on the market by several different companies. One product is known as The Hairdrenalin Potion and the other version is the Hair Trigger Growth Elixir.

Today I used a bit of my vodka based tincture for the first time. I mixed it half and half in with the crock pot "the potion" oil and added a bead of monistat in a saucer. I really LIKE the feel of this blend on my head a lot. It leaves my hair less oily than the oil. It feels cool and wet to the scalp which feels refreshing. I also notice more tingling on my scalp by far than using the oil alone. I really LOVE this feeling the best of all. It seems like my scalp felt awakened and alive when I just put this vodka and oil mixture on my head. I will massage now, invert and cover my head with a shower cap. I will then apply some Avalon Organics Thickening, Biotin B-Complex conditioner to my hair as a leave in, and braid it up again.
Anyways, I am enjoying this whole experience a lot.
PS Oh regarding the fragrance, my friend here just said, "are you making Chinese food? I smell something like soy sauce or duck sauce." Laugh (It's the crock pot oil... the homemade POTION)

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 15 2015 at 4:56am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2015 at 8:25am
I am analying the recipe for the Hairdrenalyn Potion and I really don't like the formula that much.
Measurements Per 16 oz of Castor Oil:

45 cut tea bags
1/2 large bottle of Cayenne Pepper
30 Biotin pills (Rexall Sundown Naturals, High Potency Biotin)
2-4 drops onion seed oil
1-2 drop garlic seed oil
2:1 ratio of onion seed oil to garlic seed oil
It appears that it is mainly tea blackened castor oil. There are only a few droppers of onion seed oil and garlic seed oil in 16 ounces of oil. That does not seem like enough at all considering how beneficial those products are for hair growth. Also, I would add a bit more than 1/2 spice bottle of cayenne and add red pepper flakes as well. I also do not want to strain out the biotin powder and I do not know that it needs to be cooked in oil for 5 hours. So,  I am thinking I will modify it as follows:
1 cup dried onion powder
1/2 cup  dried garlic powder
1/2 cup red pepper flakes and cayenne mixed
1/2 cup horsetail herb and or stinging nettle herb (I like that better for hair than black tea personally)
cover with oil and place in crock pot for a few hours. will require maybe at least 1/2 gallon of oil
Strain
Add a good amount of biotin powder to the strained oil and let continue to steep a while. I will buy a bag of biotin powder instead of opening capsules.
Transfer to a dark bottle and add sufficient peppermint and/or rosemary essential oil to mask onion and garlic odor.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 29 2015 at 8:31am
Nitagurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitagurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2015 at 7:25pm
I hope I make MBL on my next length check...sigh. That's not til August.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2015 at 6:28am
I have a question. Does anyone have a scalp that actually produces oil and makes their hair oily on its own? I do not and really can't imagine that. My hair only gets oily if I put oil in my hair. Just wondering if anyone here gets oily hair if they wash their hair and don't put anything on their head but somehow it just gets oily on its own. I know i sweat in the Summer but I don't seem to make my own hair oil. My hair has not once in my life gotten full greasy from root to tips from any sebum produced by myself. It gets oily only when I put some oil on my hair or too much product.

I know that the theory of the GHE is that our scalps need warmth to grow well due to having evolved in a warmer environment than where many of us have been exported. I have a theory that similarly, in a warm environment, one would evolve to sweat well like I do to keep the head cool... My scalp perspires profusely in Summer.  I likewise think  that MAYBE those whose ancestors evolved in a colder environment like Northern Europe were somehow better suited to have a layer of sebum on the scalp to keep their heads warm...  So maybe that is why they evolved that way instead? Just a theory.

I know that fat is good to keep warm in general, so maybe that is why some have more fat glands in their scalp... to keep the head warm. And they evolved that way over aeons through natural selection. Those who evolved in cold environments  who could produce more head fat or sebum to keep their heads warm, simply survived more there. While those who did not produce more fat or sebum to protect their heads would have died off in cold environments due to survival of the fittest for the particular environment. Meanwhile in Africa, it would have done no one any good to be dripping grease off of their scalps from their pores in the sun but it would have done them good to sweat to cool the head.  Maybe that is why so few curlies have their own sebum production. Maybe it's not so much about the strands being curly and hard for the sebum to travel down the strands with curly hair, but rather the scalp of the kinky curlies just don't produce as much oil as the scalp of others. I do not produce significant amounts of my own sebum even when my hair is kept straight. See what I mean?  I know European curlies do complain of their own scalps alone making them have greasy curls but I know that's not a problem I have. You do have to factor in cross breeding but the tendencies should still hold proportionately. What are your thoughts?

PS I just thought of another, more important application of the "information" from this theory. I have heard that cops look at factors like how much one is perspiring when trying to decipher if one is telling the truth. Now if some Blacks like myself tend to perspire profusely from the scalp and I believe that is part of the natural cooling mechanism and Darwinian evolution of my ancestors in a hot environment. If this is the case that Europeans evolved to produce more oil to keep their heads warm in Northern Europe while Africans evolved to perspire well to cool their heads, then that informal lie detection policy needs to be reevaluated. That policy of viewing head sweating as a potential signal of lying is then a potentially racially biased theory used by cops. They need to factor in that perhaps some Blacks EVOLVED to produce a more fluid flow of perspiration from the head during times of heat and the Whites did not. Therefore, seeing how much one's head sweat will not prove they're lying, rather it will perhaps just show more about their ancestry than anything. That would  mean that yet again this is another example of how things are- as often- racially biased and need to be re-evaluated from a broader perspective.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 21 2015 at 12:39am
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2015 at 11:42pm
Still wigging it....getting hot tho bout to switch to twist no more goddess braids.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2015 at 3:12pm
I never heard that pumpkin seed oil helps with hair growth.

cliff notes for the video ladyaradia posted:

The girl in the video got a 1oz bottle and added

3/4 pumpkin seed oil
less than a quarter of black seed oil - also called kalonji oil
10 drops sandalwood oil
10 drops rosemary oil
10 drops peppermint oil

then add to scalp by sections and massage. she follows the inversion technique too.
then coat the rest of your hair with your favorite oil on your hair strands - she likes almond oil.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 491>
  Share Topic