Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Random Growth Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 486>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Growth Thoughts
    Posted: Dec 24 2014 at 12:38pm
I got caught in the rain today and realized that my hair has reverted to 100% natural again. I blame the salt in the FAST conditioner for reverting my BKT from straight back to natural.  I will focus on deep conditioners and oils now since my hair has been exposed to SALT repeatedly for about a month now from the FAST conditioner. Ouch
Hope your BKT turns out great Carrie

Edited by LadyAradia - Dec 25 2014 at 4:07am
Sponsored Links

carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2014 at 2:04pm
Good luck with the new diet LadyAradia!

I' all excited about my BKT this weekend!!!!!!!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2014 at 11:41am
I have made a complete turn around with my diet. I went to the market and got nothing but bags of frozen fish, tuna, eggs, fruits and lettuce and tomatoes. I have a piece of fruit in the morning like an apple or a banana or something. I boiled eggs and mixed it with tuna. I have a tuna and egg salad sandwich everyday for lunch. And I have some fish and salad or fish and beans or vegetable  for dinner. I have converted to a diet of strictly fish, fruits and vegetables. And I boil a huge pot of tea and put it in the fridge  to have iced tea all day and night. I sweeten it with zero calorie sweetener. I am so proud of my new efforts of eating only fish and vegetables. Hopefully it will translate into some new hair growth.

By the way I absolutely LOVE fish so I think this is a healthy regimen I will be able to stick to. Since I never eat out but  rather it is all home made I can keep the costs down by shopping carefully too.

Edited by LadyAradia - Dec 19 2014 at 11:44am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2014 at 4:27am
I'm going to try grapeseed oil.

Edited by LadyAradia - Dec 18 2014 at 4:31am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2014 at 7:36pm
I love how much oil she uses when she protects her hair and I do plan to try to add more fish, vegetable and beans to my diet this month instead of other things.
Btw, SistaWithRealHair is right at tail bone length now. I would really LOVE  to be able to be a pescatarian (one who eats only fish for meat) like her.  It would just be hard to have unified dinners with others in my home if I do this.
Another hairlista who is a pescatarian is JJJLonghair

Edited by LadyAradia - Dec 15 2014 at 9:45am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2014 at 10:33am
I am a bit concerned after reading the ingredients in FAST shampoo and conditioner.
The conditioner has epsom salt in it (Magnesium Chloride) and the shampoo has salt in it (sodium chloride) Salts dry hair out, deteriorate it and make it frizzy and have tighter kinks. It will make me have to do my BKTs more often and will be counter productive to the health of my hair by generally drying it out.  I am sure it can not be good to use salts on color treated hair either. Ugh! Confused  Why oh why do they have to put salts in their products? They are not good for hair and especially not good for AA hair or chemically treated hair! Salts are SPECIFICALLY advised against for hair treated with Brazilian Keratin Treatments. Maybe I should just return it as soon as it comes instead because I do not want to go 2 steps forward and one step backward with my hair by making STUPID mistakes. DARN IT! I should have read the ingredients before I bought it. I think I have to return this product when it comes because I am not going to knowingly use salt in my hair when salt and sulfates are specifically advised against for the health of the hair and keratin treated hair. What good would it do me to grow an extra inch of hair if I have to cut it all off because it all gets brittle and dried out. UGH!!!!!!

Reference:
Salt    
Avoid 
(Such as Sodium Chloride or Potassium Chloride). Corrosive. Used as a cheap thickener or to keep product from separating. Can rough up cuticle and make hair dried out and brittle [ Begoun (Hair) pg 304].
http://tightlycurly.com/Ingredients.aspx?ingredientName=Salt

PS: Oh well, I guess I will be using exclusively Shima's products as growth aids for the beginning of 2015 and not Nissim's also. They messed that up by putting salt in their products. They also have some foaming ingredients used in industrial dishwashing in the shampoo Ouch

Edited by LadyAradia - Dec 05 2014 at 11:56am
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2014 at 8:19am
Was nice while it lasted...don't like the way my hair smells with spectrum coconut oil.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2014 at 8:09pm
Finally got a nice bun...no gel or edge control did brush it...will seal my ends with cocount oil or shea butter.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2014 at 3:52pm
Didn't know there's many options...3-4 months sound nice.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2014 at 9:57pm
@Reli I did that.  It does not work as well to make it worth the effort as I recall.. But it is a start. If you're looking for cheaper, then get the keratin research product that is like $20 for 4 ounces ( 120 ml)  on amazon

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 28 2014 at 9:59pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 486>