Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

Random Growth Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 492>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 4.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
4BFabulousity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4BFabulousity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Growth Thoughts
    Posted: Aug 27 2015 at 2:20pm
Today I went to a Dominican salon to see how much a wash and set would be. Come to find out they want $40 . It's crazy how they charge you extra for being natural. I still want a blow out for my graduation though. It will probably be a 1 time thing or maybe 2...
Sponsored Links

4BFabulousity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4BFabulousity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2015 at 5:13pm
Thoughts:
I can't believe that I have had these braids in since 4/29, they really need to come out. Truthfully I don't even care that my braids are fuzzy as can be because I know I have gained and retained a lot of length (thank you biotin). If I finally get two days off of work in a row I will take these braids out, do my very first pre-poo treatment which I am pumped about, shampoo with my V05 Moisture Milks Shampoo and deep condition with my Dr. Miracle's deep conditioner pack. Then I will be getting some more box braids put right back in to my head. After all, school is coming up and I will not have the time to keep doing my hair. Hopefully I will be BSL by early next year. Come on BSL!!
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2015 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Melanie Joy Melanie Joy wrote:

Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

I gave myself 2 over a year ago and my hair was fine. Mine wore out completely now though and I am back to natural at the moment.  It is really like flat ironing your hair with a leave in conditioner in it. The only thing you need to worry about is how hot your flat iron is and if that temperature is OK for your hair. The temperature should be set to 360 for very, very soft, fine hair, to 450 for normal to coarse hair. go to Uncurly.com for more.

So when applying the treatment should my hair be wet, then blow dry, then flat iron?  right?
Yes. You can expect the curl pattern to be loosened up to 2 letters (not 2 numbers) if done well. So you'd go from like 4c to 4a with each application. Not a major difference. Mainly hair is more manageable. It only lasted about a month on my 4c friend.  See the Hair Stretching thread under this section for more information.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 25 2015 at 10:49pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2015 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Melanie Joy Melanie Joy wrote:

Can we do our own keratin treatment? Is this safe? I mean it won't damage hair and cause hair thinning?

i saw lots of good reviews for this keratin that you can do the treatment yourself at home:

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Keratin-Hair-Straighter-Ounce/dp/B00D3P7T6M

Melanie Joy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melanie Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2015 at 2:32am
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

I gave myself 2 over a year ago and my hair was fine. Mine wore out completely now though and I am back to natural at the moment.  It is really like flat ironing your hair with a leave in conditioner in it. The only thing you need to worry about is how hot your flat iron is and if that temperature is OK for your hair. The temperature should be set to 360 for very, very soft, fine hair, to 450 for normal to coarse hair. go to Uncurly.com for more.

So when applying the treatment should my hair be wet, then blow dry, then flat iron?  right?
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2015 at 1:53pm

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 21 2015 at 3:36pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melanie Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2015 at 3:53am
Can we do our own keratin treatment? Is this safe? I mean it won't damage hair and cause hair thinning?
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2015 at 6:46pm

I have a special event coming up in a few weeks, and I plan on straight ironing my hair.....but I always have major frizz issues in humidity. The frustration! Recently, I've been looking into trying CHI Silk Infusion, or trying a Keratin straightening treatment to help cut down on frizz.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melanie Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2015 at 11:07pm
Is having my hair tied up always will help with hair growth? 
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2015 at 6:41pm
Back on my hair growth kick....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Senghori Shells
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon