Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

random thoughts weave style

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 2250>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

MyFashionHair.com

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
trynabedaone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trynabedaone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: random thoughts weave style
    Posted: 15 hours 26 minutes ago at 1:34pm
Originally posted by trynabedaone trynabedaone wrote:

if anyone is looking for a cheap but decent flat iron

it works great!

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-exotic-soft-touch-professional-styling-flat-iron

i will give a mini review on this flat iron:

is purely ceramic -- so the plates will break if dropped often or hard enough.
does not get as hot as a babyliss would on the surface but it does get hot.
needs minimal passes for a straight style.
and it's small and curved enough to create sleek or fluffy curls.
the dial is feebly made so be careful on how you handle it when adjusting the temperature.
it has a nice weight and feel in the hands, not awkward, light, heavy or hard.
the color is magnificent.
it's nicer than the price suggests.

if anyone cares.

i know that this particular deal will expire soon but groupon always lists this brand.

Edited by trynabedaone - 15 hours 25 minutes ago at 1:35pm
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

when people star asking me a bunch of questions about my hair, I dont even keep answering. No shade but some of my gf are just destined to wear bodywave and Im at peace with that.

But what is the leaveout looking like? Humidity is starting to kick in. even the best of the best edge controls have my kinks curling back like ...gotcha!
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 12:04pm
I ask EP to send my weft sealer via Priority mail or UPS . I am so angry that my package never arrived . I could be on a fishing spot relaxing on my day off . I told the owner she takes BHM members for granted .
spencer4hire View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spencer4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2015 at 6:09am
I have an install coming up on Saturday and I am wanting to step outside my safe style middle part and layers and get a bang.   Not the full on china bangs but.......
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2015 at 9:03am
when people star asking me a bunch of questions about my hair, I dont even keep answering. No shade but some of my gf are just destined to wear bodywave and Im at peace with that.

spencer4hire View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencer4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2015 at 6:12am

Originally posted by Daymarme Daymarme wrote:

people think my virgin hair installs look like my real hair because it blends and behaves like real hair.

too many people ask to touch my hair.

i have been asked if i was mixed way too many times, lol.

Please share or PM me the deets please. I'm open ears to realistic-looking hair suggestions. Wink

my simple solution is that i avoid silky textures and i don't dye the hair a single [box] color. i find leaving the hair in it's natural state/color gives it a more realistic appearance because of the varying natural hi and low lights that gives it a realistic dimensional look, vs wearing a single, flat color.

also, a good pressing technique (blow dry then flat iron) which follows a texture manageability system has seemed to fool folk (think the beautiful textures naturally straight) when it comes to my leave out. I don't get it silky straight, just enough to match the texture of the hair. i especially make sure my edges get the system as well.

i also have the smallest amount of leave out from temple to temple out as well.

"realistic" lengths help as well.

My goal is also to wear the most realistic weaves. I think most think it's my hair.        I poo/condish and air dry only.    I use flexi rods to curl it and its bouncy and very natural looking.   U normally wear kinky straights but the last three months, I have been rocking coarse straight and the hair everything.

My longest length is 18", so curled it doesn't look very long.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2015 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Prtybrwneye_z Prtybrwneye_z wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Waiting on EP to answer my question feels like eternity . I need some coarse Indian and I know she can make it happen. lol

Feel ya, I'm stalking them and hope they have the goods when I go in there next week.
Right lol . Wish I could walk into a EP store . Good luck .

Edited by india100 - Apr 28 2015 at 8:53pm
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2015 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Waiting on EP to answer my question feels like eternity . I need some coarse Indian and I know she can make it happen. lol

Feel ya, I'm stalking them and hope they have the goods when I go in there next week.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2015 at 3:17pm
trynabedaone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trynabedaone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2015 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Daymarme Daymarme wrote:

people think my virgin hair installs look like my real hair because it blends and behaves like real hair.

too many people ask to touch my hair.

i have been asked if i was mixed way too many times, lol.

Please share or PM me the deets please. I'm open ears to realistic-looking hair suggestions. Wink

my simple solution is that i avoid silky textures and i don't dye the hair a single [box] color. i find leaving the hair in it's natural state/color gives it a more realistic appearance because of the varying natural hi and low lights that gives it a realistic dimensional look, vs wearing a single, flat color.

also, a good pressing technique (blow dry then flat iron) which follows a texture manageability system has seemed to fool folk (think the beautiful textures naturally straight) when it comes to my leave out. I don't get it silky straight, just enough to match the texture of the hair. i especially make sure my edges get the system as well.

i also have the smallest amount of leave out from temple to temple out as well.

"realistic" lengths help as well.

Edited by trynabedaone - Apr 28 2015 at 2:49pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 2250>