Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binky622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Be Honest: What Book Did You Find Difficult
    Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 10:57am
I have been itching to ask this question.  I find myself a deep thinker and love to read books that challenge my mind but  have come across a couple of books that I found difficult to get through and here they are:

Prophetic Fragments:  Illuminations of the Crisis in American and Culture by Dr. Cornel west

Paradise by Toni Morrison

Pinch 

my walk of shameLOL

Edited by binky622 - Sep 22 2009 at 11:01am
Sponsored Links

Splendor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splendor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 3:55pm
I don't even remember the titles b/c I read mostly as a form of pleasure so when I start getting a headache I usually toss the book to the side.

My textbooks are another story though. I have to get through them but for leisure reading I don't like technical or anything really difficult for me to understand. If I have to keep referring to the dictionary it's a wrap.
Boston View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 8:41am
Originally posted by binky622 binky622 wrote:

I have been itching to ask this question.  I find myself a deep thinker and love to read books that challenge my mind but  have come across a couple of books that I found difficult to get through and here they are:

Prophetic Fragments:  Illuminations of the Crisis in American and Culture by Dr. Cornel west

Pinch 

my walk of shameLOL

B you should give Paradise another chance what did you find difficult about it?
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binky622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Boston Boston wrote:

Originally posted by binky622 binky622 wrote:

Pinch 

my walk of shameLOL

B you should give Paradise another chance what did you find difficult about it?
well i tried it years ago and never picked it up.  I love her books but I think the fact that it was talked about so much before i read it threw me off.  the fact that i couldnt visualize the ethnicity of the characters.  but like i said it was years ago when the book came out I thought i was gonna take her challange and didnt make it past the 1st chapter. Ill bet i could do it now thoughLOL
MrsLT1109 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsLT1109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 10:26pm
Toni is not an easy read. I read Song of Solomon about 3 times before I "got it" and every time I read it I find something new

Paradise was awesome but difficult. I could probably stand to read it again.
rowenah14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowenah14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 12:55am
For me it was The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy. The story is so convoluted, doesn't follow a chronological order and the author uses a lot of Latin and Greek so a lot of what he writes about doesn't make sense to me:( I'm going to have to give it another try someday
czardragon View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote czardragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 11:23pm
Call of the Wild.  Pure garbage.  Twenty sentence paragraphs describing a damn blade of grass?  Come on now.

Witch of Blackbird Pond as well.  I started that thing so many times.  And I'll read pretty much anything, but I couldn't do this one.
rowenah14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowenah14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 2:30am
Originally posted by czardragon czardragon wrote:

Call of the Wild.  Pure garbage.  Twenty sentence paragraphs describing a damn blade of grass?  Come on now.

Witch of Blackbird Pond as well.  I started that thing so many times.  And I'll read pretty much anything, but I couldn't do this one.

LOL
*Breezey Kiss* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Breezey Kiss* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2009 at 2:52pm
CANE RIVER by Lalita Tademy... I tired, i really did.

I got it at the age of 16 and only read 2 pages. I decided well I'm older now let me try again. Stopped after 2 chapters....
Splendor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splendor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 11:17am
Give Cane River another try. I just finished Red River and it's so very good. Maybe you were too young???
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic