FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

(Random) Everyday Thoughts!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 1280>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
4BFabulousity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4BFabulousity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Random) Everyday Thoughts!!
    Posted: Jan 30 2016 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Originally posted by 4BFabulousity 4BFabulousity wrote:

Yes I have seen my mom do that. LOL

And trust me I definitely know that life isn't easy. I have had a lot of obstacles thrown at me. I have realized that if you make bad choices your future won't be too bright. So right now I am trying to make the best choices possible. But right now I have a lot on my plate. Like I said before I am saving up to move out, trying to get a higher paying job and trying to knock out these loans as fast as possible, even though I don't have to start paying until June I have already started paying because my biggest fear is that they will defaultCry. I am glad to have my mom, but at the same time she is really pushing me to get a higher paying job, she sends me jobs every day and she also tells me to keep saving for a car. (I already am) Right now she has no job and it seems that she is trying to get me a job more than she is trying to get herself one. It's kind of irritating honestly. All I'm trying to do is get myself together the best I can. The real world starts NOW.

Yeah, her helping you is irritating now? But your mom is just as worried as you are.  That woman has PRIDE!LOL  Not only for herself, but for her daughter as well.

Loans don't get paid over-night.  This i found out the hard way.  Every time i would see those bills show up in the mail, i'd grit my teeth.  The funny thing about paying off college loans is that when that final day came, i didn't give a crap.  I was too busy paying off the mortgage, the car, clothes, food, and other necessities.Confused

Bills never stop.  And if the loans default, there's nothing you can do but keep looking for work.  For many of us, our "biggest fears" have happened, and we made it through them. Once you get over those "biggest fears" you find out they weren't so bad - then as you keep living?  You'll learn to realize that your "biggest fears" - are nothing but things that scare you - but they don't break you.

You see, that's the difference between minorities and white folks or okey-dokey people.  If those types face one "biggest fear" and conquer them?  They make movies about it.  And write songs.

But we minorities who have dignity, and pride?  We conquer hundreds of "biggest fears" every single day, and it's not that big of a deal.  We come out still, with our pride intact.  Just like your mom.

yeah, she's worried, we all worry.  But if you keep doing what's in front on you, that's the main objective.  Sucks, because there are times, i'd rather sit there and worry.  But it doesn't seem to accomplish anything.

Yes we minorities are rather tough. I have had to be strong my whole life. You have a good point I have overcome a lot of fears, a ton.  Like I said it's going to be time for me to start paying in June so what I plan on doing is saving HARD until then so I can do a big fat payment. And worrying doesn't do a thing, so I just try to count my blessings. In good news I have an interview on Wednesday.Clap
Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2016 at 9:08am

And trust me I definitely know that life isn't easy. I have had a lot of obstacles thrown at me. I have realized that if you make bad choices your future won't be too bright. So right now I am trying to make the best choices possible. But right now I have a lot on my plate. Like I said before I am saving up to move out, trying to get a higher paying job and trying to knock out these loans as fast as possible, even though I don't have to start paying until June I have already started paying because my biggest fear is that they will defaultCry. I am glad to have my mom, but at the same time she is really pushing me to get a higher paying job, she sends me jobs every day and she also tells me to keep saving for a car. (I already am) Right now she has no job and it seems that she is trying to get me a job more than she is trying to get herself one. It's kind of irritating honestly. All I'm trying to do is get myself together the best I can. The real world starts NOW.

Yeah, her helping you is irritating now? But your mom is just as worried as you are.  That woman has PRIDE!LOL  Not only for herself, but for her daughter as well.

Loans don't get paid over-night.  This i found out the hard way.  Every time i would see those bills show up in the mail, i'd grit my teeth.  The funny thing about paying off college loans is that when that final day came, i didn't give a crap.  I was too busy paying off the mortgage, the car, clothes, food, and other necessities.Confused

Bills never stop.  And if the loans default, there's nothing you can do but keep looking for work.  For many of us, our "biggest fears" have happened, and we made it through them. Once you get over those "biggest fears" you find out they weren't so bad - then as you keep living?  You'll learn to realize that your "biggest fears" - are nothing but things that scare you - but they don't break you.

You see, that's the difference between minorities and white folks or okey-dokey people.  If those types face one "biggest fear" and conquer them?  They make movies about it.  And write songs.

But we minorities who have dignity, and pride?  We conquer hundreds of "biggest fears" every single day, and it's not that big of a deal.  We come out still, with our pride intact.  Just like your mom.

yeah, she's worried, we all worry.  But if you keep doing what's in front on you, that's the main objective.  Sucks, because there are times, i'd rather sit there and worry.  But it doesn't seem to accomplish anything.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4BFabulousity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2016 at 5:07pm

My degree is in journalism, and yes my mom is proud. I don't talk to my dad. Fast food is MUCH better than retail, because people are always going to eat. Your story is very inspirational to me. Thank God my mom is the opposite of your mom. She always pushed me to get a degree because we had it rough. I'm also proud of myself for getting a degree but now it's the hard part. I owe $17,000 and I need to save for my own place. Life is really hitting me.

MissFab..

LOLLOLLOL

Have you ever seen your mother give that quiet chuckle, kind of shake her head and smile?

I'm not laughing at you, just reminding myself, that everyone who chooses a different path - will never have it easy.  Ever.

Journalism is  a difficult field.  My oldest sister and older brother did it while they were in the military.  It was easier for her in the  service because the training/education was free.  But when she had to do it in the "real world" - especially being black?  It literally drove her crazy.  White folks liked her stories - but she didn't have a degree to back up her talent.  Back in those days - you had to prove yourself.  Even if other white folks weren't as eloquent as she was, they trumped her with - that's right - their degrees in journalism.

It was far worse for blacks in those days, than it is today.  Far worse.

All i ask, is that you keep trying.  No matter what.  (Remember those 3 words), if you can't remember anything else. okay?

I can't tell you something that i haven't practiced myself.  And i always remember that poem, "Life ain't no crystal stair".. If it ever gets that way? Check yourself, and your choices.LOL

And also, thank your lucky stars for your mom. A lot of us can't say we have someone in our lives like her.  Smile

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2016 at 3:03pm

My degree is in journalism, and yes my mom is proud. I don't talk to my dad. Fast food is MUCH better than retail, because people are always going to eat. Your story is very inspirational to me. Thank God my mom is the opposite of your mom. She always pushed me to get a degree because we had it rough. I'm also proud of myself for getting a degree but now it's the hard part. I owe $17,000 and I need to save for my own place. Life is really hitting me.

MissFab..

LOLLOLLOL

Have you ever seen your mother give that quiet chuckle, kind of shake her head and smile?

I'm not laughing at you, just reminding myself, that everyone who chooses a different path - will never have it easy.  Ever.

Journalism is  a difficult field.  My oldest sister and older brother did it while they were in the military.  It was easier for her in the  service because the training/education was free.  But when she had to do it in the "real world" - especially being black?  It literally drove her crazy.  White folks liked her stories - but she didn't have a degree to back up her talent.  Back in those days - you had to prove yourself.  Even if other white folks weren't as eloquent as she was, they trumped her with - that's right - their degrees in journalism.

It was far worse for blacks in those days, than it is today.  Far worse.

All i ask, is that you keep trying.  No matter what.  (Remember those 3 words), if you can't remember anything else. okay?

I can't tell you something that i haven't practiced myself.  And i always remember that poem, "Life ain't no crystal stair".. If it ever gets that way? Check yourself, and your choices.LOL

And also, thank your lucky stars for your mom. A lot of us can't say we have someone in our lives like her.  Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4BFabulousity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2016 at 11:34am

Tell me about it! I just got my degree on 12/18/15 but yet I'm having a hard time finding a job and my current job at a fast food place gave me no hours this week Dead. I once met a woman that only does private parties and gets $1,000 every time she does one of those. Also when you're a stripper you get $20 dollars a song so that means you get $20 for three minutes of work. At my current job it takes me a lil over 2 hrs to get that much. SMH.

I've done fast food before.  My gawd.  From what i'm gathering, it's better than "retail"? 

Either way?  What is your degree?  And though i don't know you, i'm proud of you, and i'm sure your parents are too?  Don't worry about stripping sweetheart!  You'll get that pay off some day, but in a much bigger way.  Okay?

Let me share a story with you.  Many moons ago, i was in the Navy, and right after i was discharged, i finally received my Bachelors. I had defied everything.  I had defied the Navy, my own culture, but worst of all, my mother.  She is a Black Native American.  Muskogee Tribe.  She absolutely shunned get a white man's education.  (Though she sired all ten of us - from a white man, who had a white wife on the other side of town.)

I demanded an answer as to why she tore up my free scholarship to go to Cornell University when i was 15 years of age.  I asked her why she would not sit down with me when i had problems with math or reading.  She would just look at the books in disgust and say: "that's just White men's sh**t". Why was she so "against" anyone in the family going to school - beyond high school?  Every last one of us had to either "get married" - or join the military.

My mom was silent, and when she spoke, i'll never forget what she said.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2016 at 10:36am
She said:

"You see that TV series "Little House on the Prairie"?  That nice little red school house, with the school bell ringing.  All those lil' white kids going up that hill.  Going into school?"

She asked me: "Where were the lil' black kids?"

It never dawned on me, that there weren't any black kids in the series - let alone school. 

"Well this is how it REALLY was.  The blacks, indians and anything else that wasn't white, sat in the bus depot.  We had to wait until the teacher (some white woman who couldn't stand the sight of us) would finish teaching the white kids.  Then she would try to teach us.  By the time she showed up, we were too restless and hungry.  So she automatically thought we didn't want to learn.  We were too hungry to learn.

We had books that were outdated, most of the pages torn out or the word "N***gr" written on all the pages.  Plus we had to share because there weren't that many books to go around".

I knew what she was talking about, because i saw this in my own classrooms when i was growing up.

"When it came time for lunch, we didn't have food.  They told our parents that the school would provide lunches for us.  Well, lunch was like this:"  

"The white kids were given a brown bag lunch - and they ate it.  What was left over, they put back in their bags - gave them to the teacher.  The white teacher would take those left overs to us.  Place the food in long trough that went the length of the school bus depot, and we had to eat from that trough.  Like pigs and cows.  Every single day.."

"So, you want to know why, i didn't want you going to those schools.  It's because i guess i was protecting you."

I didn't say one day word.

I could almost see her profile.  She always had a way of holding her head up.  That proud Black Native American woman.. I will always be proud of her in so many ways.

She only had a third grade education.  At first, i thought it was because she was dumb.  How arrogant of me.  But i realized it was she took pride in herself.  Third grade education or not.  She had pride and dignity. 

I wasn't there when my mother died, MissFabulosity.  But over time, and since my travels, i have felt/seen that hatred of many cultures - even my culture.  And my only protection has been, and always will be, education.  Knowing and constantly learning about our history, AND their (white folks) history. Will always keep you aware of who are - and what you're dealing with.

Stay strong.. hon.. and be proud that you've accomplished something that i lot of people are actually too afraid to do. 

And keep your clothes on, young 'en.. you're going to be just fine! Smile

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jan 20 2016 at 10:40am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2016 at 10:14am

Tell me about it! I just got my degree on 12/18/15 but yet I'm having a hard time finding a job and my current job at a fast food place gave me no hours this week Dead. I once met a woman that only does private parties and gets $1,000 every time she does one of those. Also when you're a stripper you get $20 dollars a song so that means you get $20 for three minutes of work. At my current job it takes me a lil over 2 hrs to get that much. SMH.

I've done fast food before.  My gawd.  From what i'm gathering, it's better than "retail"? 

Either way?  What is your degree?  And though i don't know you, i'm proud of you, and i'm sure your parents are too?  Don't worry about stripping sweetheart!  You'll get that pay off some day, but in a much bigger way.  Okay?

Let me share a story with you.  Many moons ago, i was in the Navy, and right after i was discharged, i finally received my Bachelors. I had defied everything.  I had defied the Navy, my own culture, but worst of all, my mother.  She is a Black Native American.  Muskogee Tribe.  She absolutely shunned get a white man's education.  (Though she sired all ten of us - from a white man, who had a white wife on the other side of town.)

I demanded an answer as to why she tore up my free scholarship to go to Cornell University when i was 15 years of age.  I asked her why she would not sit down with me when i had problems with math or reading.  She would just look at the books in disgust and say: "that's just White men's sh**t". Why was she so "against" anyone in the family going to school - beyond high school?  Every last one of us had to either "get married" - or join the military.

My mom was silent, and when she spoke, i'll never forget what she said. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4BFabulousity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2016 at 5:33pm

There goes to show you pu**y runs everything. Also you're probably right I could go to a topless club and make a good amount of money. BTW my mom's bf was a male stripper when he was my age and claimed that he made 1,200 in two days.

ConfusedConfusedConfused

I'm in the wrong field of work!!

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2016 at 5:43pm

There goes to show you pu**y runs everything. Also you're probably right I could go to a topless club and make a good amount of money. BTW my mom's bf was a male stripper when he was my age and claimed that he made 1,200 in two days.

ConfusedConfusedConfused

I'm in the wrong field of work!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4BFabulousity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2016 at 2:25pm

Wow, pu**y is rather powerful. Come to think of it, if I really wanted to my na-na could be making me a lot of money at the full nude strip club as my mom's bf suggests I should go work at. But I refuse to do that unless things really hit rock bottom and I mean ROCK bottom.

LOLLOL

I'm kind of shocked at what we possess, really.  I don't even think you even have to go full-nude?  That 28 y/o white kid always saw me in oversized scrubs, with my hair pulled back and hiking boots.

If he can sit there and plead and cry in my office to "do whatever i want with him" - and he's only seen my rusty elbows.. Gawd only knows what he would do if he saw me in my underwear!ConfusedConfused

especially the ones with the holes in them..Ouch

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 1280>
  Share Topic