FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI HATE MY school!

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Author
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I HATE MY school!
    Posted: Jul 24 2009 at 1:26pm

I'm about to go postal on them!

I started Grad school back in California, I finished all the coursework but never took the comphensive exam. I eventually moved to DC/MD area it was my intentions that once I got settled I would go back to take the exam. Well that didnt happen!

Things were going well I decided to finish what I started. I call my Graduate program told them I had been out of school for a number of years and wanted find out what steps I needed to take to finish. I was informed that I would have to repeat 2 class as they had expired per the 7 year rule. Cool no problem!

I asked the Program coordinator would it be possible to take the course in MD and transfer them back to California. She told me no! Because they are repeats they have to be completed at the University.Ouch

So I go through the process of reapply to the school with the intentions of reaching out to the professor to see if he/she would be okay with me not being physcially in class since I cant afford to take a unpaid leave of absence from work. The professor agrees but want final authority from the Program Director. He says NO! I can't do that.Cry

But he was willing to let me take a similar class here in MD and transfer it back. I'm pissed now because I asked that heifer that 3 months prior. So then I am tasked with finding a similar program in the DC/MD area that doesnt require a whole bunch of exams and reccommendation to get in.

Finally, I find a school and everybody agrees the class is acceptable to take and will transfer back to my home school. Mind you all this has to be done this semester or all my units will expire and I will have to repeat them.

Here I am... I've planned to take 3 weeks off of work, fly to California and take one of the classes. I enrolled in the other class which I'm taking at the University of Baltimore.  I'm planning on taking loans to pay for school.

Guess what?!?  My school wont release my financial Aid money if I'm not enrolled in 4 units. Techinically I will be enrolled in 6 units just not at the same school. My school WONT accept verification from the other school that I'm enrolled in 3 units and those units will be transfered back and used  for me to recieve my degree.

The F@ckers in the financial aid office told me it doesn count, because it is a out of state school.

UGHHHHHHHHHHH! I cant enroll in any other classes just to get my aid because I've already taken all the other classes they are offering this semester and now you have to get a permission number just to enroll in any repeat classes.

In the meantime, I still have to pay the other school for the class I'm taking with them. HOW AM I supposed to get the remainder of my financial aid money to do this.Angry

I hate that school.. It would be easier if they would accept verification of the other course. I'm tired of them sending me through so many freaking changes for two damn classes.

Sponsored Links

Nichole23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 12:03am
Wow, I really feel for you.  You have seriously gotten the run around.  Someone needs to show some compassion.  I think its crazy you need to move and take classes there.  2 classes.

The best thing I can say is... DONT GIVE UP! 
You have invested soo much time into your grad degree already.  Please don't let them frustrate you and don't give up.

Hugs!! Hug
columbian queen View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 12:26am
Wow that's terrible.  I'm frustrated for you.  Like Nicole said don't give up!   Good luck!    Hug
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2009 at 8:25pm
Thanks! I appreciate that because last week I really wanted to walk away.

New week going to try and stay positive.
DimeMariie08 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2009 at 12:17am
Sounds like Hampton University lol

But I'm sorry sug ... I hope it all works out for you soon!

Good luck with it all; here for support. If you need an e-hug come holla at me! =]
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic