Extensions Plus

Jamaican Men

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
AngelWoods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelWoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jamaican Men
    Posted: May 29 2016 at 2:13am
Sponsored Links

sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2016 at 3:26pm
The visa game is all a lot of these men and women from the island are about, cut your loses. My parents are from JA and I can tell you a few things, 1) we know several women who marry these men who want to get a visa and it never ends good. Either he gest the visa and is ghost or he never works, etc. These are business arrangements to them nothing more.

2) Men in the Caribbean islands are taught to have several "families" and kids so it is in the CULTURE to not be faithful. You might meet the rare man who is committed to one woman, it does happen but it is very very fair.

It would be very hard for me to date an island man since I know so much about the culture.

Edited by sunshine321511 - May 28 2016 at 3:29pm
AngelWoods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelWoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2016 at 7:17pm
Hi everyone, this is a long story but In 2014 I went to jamaica to visit family, I'm jamaican american, and was born in america. It was my first time going to the beautiful island. And while visiting there I met a wonderful jamaican man. He was actually living with one of my uncles and cousin who lives down there. But when I first met him I was at a family party and he came with my cousin, My cousin introduced him to me and it was definitely love at first sight, especially on his side. He was really nervous and you could tell that he wasn't usually the nervous type. Most jamaicans aren't. Well that night he told my cousin he liked me and my cousin told me and had nothing but good things to say about him. We didnt get to talk much that night because it was a lot going on. But the next day me and the family who traveled with me went to visit my uncle and when we got there, he was in the kitchen cooking for everyone. We could not take our eyes off of each other and the way he looked at me, No one has ever looked at me like that. Hes not the best looking but I liked him a lot. But I went on the porch with one of my cousins and soon after he finished cooking, he came out there with his plate of food. He stood there looking at me and eating while me and my cousin(boy) talked. My cousin went inside and left us two out there. We started talking and laughing, and he had a way with words lol. He tried to feed me and asked me if he could "taste my lips" (kiss) and all sorts of stuff. At the time I was only 17 and he told me he was 19. Well meeting him in jamaica was a great experience, I ended up leaving the next day and we never got to exchange numbers. He was all I could think about when I got back and I couldnt wait to go back in see him. So 2015 summer came and me and my family went back. When I went he wasnt living with my cousin anymore so I didnt see him during the first two weeks of the trip. But I ended up seeing him at another family party and when our eyes met, anyone there can feel our energy even though he was no where near me. This time we actually kissed and talked, but that was it. You could tell he was already possessive over me because a lot of guys were looking and you could tell he was a bit uneasy, But I liked it. :)
Okay, so this time I gave him my number and he didnt have a phone. He was already telling me he loved me but I always told him that you have to get to know someone before you can truly love them. Well when I left ja, He was texting me through whatsapp and on one of his friends phone. And he did have a phone but it didnt have texting on it. He didnt really have much living in ja because its rough out there. But I didnt look at money and certain things and I let him know that. I was young, only 18, So I didnt have much either. At the time I was working at starbucks. Well for the first month I wasnt aware of how high the bill was gonna be calling ja. We were on the phone like all the time day and night and I noticed that everytime we got on the phone he wanted me to call him instead of him calling me because he didnt want to pay. And whenever he used his friends phone he would ask me to buy credits but I didnt even get to talk to him like that because it was his friends phone. He begged me to buy credits twice on his friends phone and I did. At the end of the month the phone bill was up at 6,000 dollars and thats when I cut everything and we started arguing. I stopped buying the credits and stopped calling him. He found other ways to text me and he promised that he would get a phone where he can whatsapp and videochat me by october 12 which was he told me was his birthday. It was september 2015 by the way. Well he did end up getting a phone by october but it acted stupid. The whatsapp calling didnt work and it would break up and it was just a bad phone. He started buying his own credits. He did work but not everyday, just when he can get work doing construction. Later that month I found out he lied about his age. He was actually 22 and he told me. There was a argument but I eventually forgave him for that. His phone ended up breaking a month later so we didnt talk everyday like usual. He finally got a phone in january and it wasnt a good phone either and like two weeks using it, it broke. He finally got a good phone in february. After he got that phone that when the problems really started coming in, like a lot of lies and situations where it felt like he might be using me. He has never cheated on me, he's pretty loyal and especially since we talked 24/7 anx he never asks me for credit anymore, he works and buys his own.Hes been working harder than ever and uses wifi when he just cant get any credit. He tries not to go more than a day without talkinv to me. I talk to all his family and his mom always gives me good advice. But anyways the first big lie he told me in february was that he had his own business with his cousin now selling things online. He talked about sending me money once it really gets started making money so I can treat myself and help out my mom and I didnt really suspect much of it until one day, a month later when I had asked him the name of the website and he couldnt come up with a good lie. He got caught up in his lie and finally told me the truth after a month. The time I felt like he was using me was when he was talking about he wants to visit america and I was like yeah that would be fun. I did bring up the visa thing, I asked him what does he need to come over here and he said a visa. I asked him if he cant get a temporary work visa and he said yeah, with help but it would be long process. By the way we have already talked about marriage before but visa has never came up and he always says it doesnt matter where he live after we get married and how we can live in ja if I want, he says he just wants to be with me. But during that conversation he said if we got married he would be able to come over there quicker. But I told him I wouldnt marry him for a visa. He never fought me on the issue, I just felt a little weird afterwards and told him I didnt want to marry him. He said he wants to get married but as long as im with him it doesnt matter. Okay so there was the business and the visa thing. Another lie that I found out is that he had a girl the 2nd time I went to ja and he left her for me. They had just started talking a month before I got there. I forgave him for that since I knew he wasnt still talking to her. There were a few more white lies but not nothing serious until a week ago, Now its May 2016 and I was talking to his sister and she said "did u know that his birthday was last thursday, did u say happy birthday or did you know" and my mouth dropped. He lied about his BIRTHDAY which he told me was october 12, turns out it was may 12. I couldnt think of a reason why he would lie about his birthday. When he got caught, at first he denied it but I told him it was over and blocked his number. I unblocked it today and we talked about it and he says he doesnt know why he did it. He says he has no excuse for it abd hes just sorry and I dont know whether I should leave or give him another chance. He said he wanted to tell me the day of his birthday and felt so guilty and couldnt even celebrate it. So its been a lot of lies big and small like any other relationship and I just really need advice on what to do. He has did a lot of changing for me but that lie was just so suprising and hurtful and I dont know what to do. This was long but I really need some advice.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 10:53am
American Negro men>West Indian men>African men

At least for me *kanye shrug*
aelitaangels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aelitaangels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2012 at 11:32pm
I'm half-jaimaican and half-african american

but personally I wouldn't date a carribean man *shrug*
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2012 at 6:26am
I'm with one now.. totally lovely, funny and stylish. Keeps me motivated and tells me right from wrong.
rsylbebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsylbebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by ryanlou ryanlou wrote:

i got tired of saying huh when we talked , he was beyond freaky and the word pum pum got on my nerves

LOL
vivarantthang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vivarantthang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2012 at 7:44pm
CryCry Well, let me add my 2 cents. I have been in a relationship with one for almost 4 years. The key word was "I". At first things were great, champion lover for hours, excellent provider, never asked me for a dime (cuz u wasn't gettin' one). One year into the relationship, I found out he cheated on me with a co-worker. (Never eat where you Censored). He knew this girl was my arch enemy because I knew she was after him from day one. Well she got him. I chose to forgive. (What a fool I was). Then he continues to contact her on getting a hotel room. I asked him politely to cut his bullsh*t out and have some respect. But since I had none for myself by staying, why should he?Shocked Anyhow, I started going to school and working so I stopped looking for indescretion in him. 3 years later I am pregnant with his son. While 8 mos pregnant, he started to get distant. No sex, no touchy feely, nothingShocked. I pull his phone records and he is calling 2 females the same amount as me. On Valentines Day, not even a card, candy, or even said it. But on his phone record, he talked 146 minutes with her that day. Then, in the wallet I find an "RNB" herb to keep stamina longer cuz his ass is old. Not using it on me. Then 3 condoms in his car one day, 2 the next. He sends "one" of the chicks on the side a text, "let's go 50/50 on a hotel room."Ermm (What female is that hard up to pay for the d*&^?) Then a female from Jamaica texted you a pic of her t)(*&^. This girl he said was your niece previously. Then icing on the cake, I am in labor with his baby, ALONE because you just had to go to work that night, (working on her) and another woman is texting you, "I love u," minutes after I call u to tell u I am in labor. I confonted him, he had an answer for eveything. The funniest was when he said his niece sent the pics of her tatas so that he could find a man for her to marry so she can come over here. LOL The worst. Now I have a son, who I know he doesn't really care about because he told me if I left out of the house to take me and my "pickney" with me, knowing I had nowhere to go. Like my child is some animal. I am on materniy leave now, and I am stacking my bread so I can get the hell out of this mess.Wink When I leave he wont know where I made my last track.  I hate that I am going to have struggle with my new bundle of joy,Cry but a piece of mind, dignity, & respect for myself is priceless.Big smile
Night_jasmine View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night_jasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2011 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by EbonyE EbonyE wrote:

You're right. I'm more so celibate because I wouldn't be making love like I thought I was before, it just didn't feel the same with anyone else...I'm more celibate because of him. Not FOR him, per se. But, it's more for me and it does feel good...sometimes when I ain't jonesing.

ok well keep your head up and date and keep them legs closedLOL
sasha299 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasha299 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2011 at 4:59pm
I am jamaican and can tell hands down that too many women fall for one type of a Jamaican man (I call those men the lowest common denominators) instead of the many honorable upstanding men we have. They go for the fast, cute, sweet talking jerks and leave the straight shooting, well mannered men alone.  One of my friends, an AA, loves Jamaican men but always asked me to spot for her. I will say the ones with the sexy swagger and what women mistake for self confidence are always the loosers. Her current BF is Jamaican and she was going to cut him out thinking (Like many women mistakenly do) that he was too "soft" not "alpha" not a true "yardie". Everytime we talk she thanks me for making her take a second look at him.

If you always get the type its not them - its you!

Edited by sasha299 - Mar 29 2011 at 5:00pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic