Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedIntroductions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
prototyped View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 5:03pm
Hi ladies! I've mainly been a lurker--commenting here and there on some of the beautiful apps I've seen. I hope to become that good some day!! BHMF is a wonderful resource to have. I'm very grateful for it!

I've been wearing FLW since February 2009. I've had my natural hair cut short, worn long, bleached blonde, magenta, blue, purple, extensions, dreads you name it. I'm a chameleon. Finally, I turned to wigs!! I've been obsessed ever since. I got tired of the fake looking BSS wigs so I started making my own wigs with weave tracks. Ok, that didn't last long! I can't lie--it was fun but I didn't have the patience to stick with it long enough to make something I'd actually feel confident enough to wear outside the house and without a headband or scarf! All that lead me to LFs! I love them! Although, they are a serious challenge. I'm on my 2nd LF now (a lovely coarse yaki)... well it was before it got a bad case of the tangles and dry ends! I been using ORWG and supertape. I wear an adhesive bandage underneath but I must be doing it wrong because it always slips back.

Thank you all for all of your hair wisdom and knowledge!!! I'm a grateful grasshopper!!!  Hug
Sponsored Links

blackbarbiedoll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 5:25pm
hi all!! i am blackbarbiedoll, i am a hair addict. i have been hooked on hair since 7th grade, i am 33 with 4 sons and a patient fiance. i graduated from BSS wigs to lace wigs in July last year. i was going to meet my fiance's fam (who are white) and was paranoid about wearing a regular wig. i was considering a sew-in or micro-braids when i stumbled across full lace wigs. it's funny b/c i remember when RuPaul came out and i would see him/her on videos and wonder what type of wig he/she was wearing. now i know, and the idea seemed genius!! i will never go back to BSS wigs, i just can't now. i did a butt-load of research online and lurked on the forum until i got up the nerve to start asking questions. i must say that everyone who has responded to my many inquiries have been nice. i appreciate you vets and am here for anyone who thinks i may be able to help. before lace wigs i wore both human and synthetic wigs for a LONG time. i love hair and have rocked every style u can imagine- punk, emo, goth, 70's, glam, afro, braids, texturizer, taper fades, 360 waves- u name it. right now im into virgin hair lace wigs and high quality SLF's. i am a "length whore" and all my wigs are 24" or longer. i am also a product junkie. whew... it felt good to get that off my chest! next.........
rinthecutie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 5:33pm
What the flip?! Another LF section?!
Kimzy1998 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 5:48pm
Hi I'm Kimzy! and started wearing Lace wigs last August. I first came across them while searching for a new BSS wigs online 3 years ago. I have alopecia and have been wearing wigs for the past 20 years. I was so impressed by the lace wigs, but them saw the price, it was $1,500.00.  I forgot about them for a while, but as I grew board of the BSS wig I stumbled back onto the Lace wigs and decided to do some research and ended up here. I purchased my first unit in Aug and haven't stopped since.  I have 2  Chinese Lt Yakis, 1 IR body wave, 1 IR deep wave, 2 IR silky straight, 2 CVR and 2 more on orderEmbarrassed

My adhesive of choice is DG and Tru Blue tape and my remover is a goo gone and 91% alcohol combo.

I have gone two weeks but I typically change up after a week. With my childrens (10 yr old boy/girl twins) busy schedule it's easiest for me to do all this on a Friday or Sat. night .

I don't think I can ever go back to a BSS. I'll be applying these things when I'm 80.  My kids better make sure they bury me wiith my lace wigs!

Brown Suga View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 5:53pm
I've been wearing lace wigs for almost 2 years and been on here for over 1 year.  Yes, I am an addict.
I've had long hair for almost my whole life. It was devastating when my hair started thinning in college. As the years past I began to look like a light bulb from the front. I've tried every hair thickening product available. Rogaine worked but it also caused me to grow side burns, moustache and itch like crazy. Toppek was my product of choice for years.
When I discovered lace wigs it was an answer to my prayers.  My hair is nice and thick from my ears back and barely there from my ears up - so a few months ago I shaved off the hair in the front. Now I get the best apps, with very little effort. If you have a great head of hair I would never advise this but if you have alopecia - it's freeing and opens another dimension in apps.
ohmyhair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 5:53pm
Hello,   Well A few years ago i start to loose hair in the center of my head at the young age of 16. The hair lost continues ...so... I decided to go to the doctors.  They said that I may have Lupus and this is were the journey began.

I started to were my hair natural for a while but the hair lost continued and needed a way to cover it up.  Started the weave thing and had to give that up.  Lack of verity and got expensive. I started wearing wigs from the BSS store and hated it.....I mean I cried at times because they looked so..so..bad and  hot during the summer.  I mean they looked so unnatural and brought more attention to my head.After the wig thing I moved to scarfs and hated that too....had to find a better way.

I went to my hair stylist in 2008  to get another weave(last one) and while there a stylist had a lace wig on and was trying to get me to buy one for $800.  After she left my stylist said she would charge me $600 , but said it only last 2 monthsShocked...and. I didn't want to spend $600-800 for something that lasted only 2 months (misguided and informed).  After, hearing that I got discourage and left it alone.  Started to were scarf again and got jealous of other people who had a full head of hairEmbarrassed.  Got tired of doing the scarf thing again and started to research  lace wigs....

Because  I was told that lace wigs cost $800, I decided to learn how to make them to save money. After, I completed my first frontal and began the work on my full wig.  I found myself a vendor, with great pricesClap

I am now a lace wig addict.  Stay up hours doing research on BHM and looking at different lace wigs on-line.   My  wig Goal....two self made, 2 ordered and I frontal by the end of the year, with different wig cap stylesLOL

Thank God for BHM!!!!Big%20smile

sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by freefromweaves freefromweaves wrote:

Hello Ladies .... as my name says I am (finally) free from weaves.

Due to stress, heritage, and hair abuse (every type of atachment under the sun) my own natural baby phuz gave up in summer 07.  Ther was absolutely no hairline to cover up any wefts so I tried regular wigs for a while - HATED THEM!!!!  Did loads of research for months and got my first lf from Ms Lola in October 07.  Lets just not talk about my first app too much BUT I CRIED (really) when I saw what looked like a complete hairline on my face for the first time in years.

I found BHM on google and have never looked back.  I bought 16lfs in about six months and all but two of them are still 'alive.'  I can now do a two week app. My nape holds great too.  Supertape and vapon no tape work vwery well for me and I use Becky's methods for my knots and parting.

Oh, and if some nice lady wants to adopt me - I am willing to be raised right and make her proud!LOL

I'LL ADOPT YOU, YOUR SO SWEET~~~~LOL
MOYA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 9:48pm
Well  I am stuck with the youngins' But any way I am LADYDI, my PASSWORD GOT LOSS IN THE SYSTEM AND CAN'T FIND ME . SO if any one finds her tell her to git back home cause I am waiting. To go back with the big girls LOL
But seriously I have been wearing these units for about 4 yr since I started wearing them a lot of information has been put out from many many posters the best thing you can do it READ and READ SOME MORE. Then if you still have questions.  We will be glad to answer.

Edited by MOYA - May 03 2009 at 8:54am
SassyHunay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2009 at 10:24am
Smile Hi Everybody!

My name is Tiffany, I am not really new (I was a lurker before joining a few months ago) to the board to just to non BSS hair and Lace Wigs. my natural hair is extremely thick and somewhat damaged. I decided to learn as much as I can about hair since I have had so much damage done at the salon. I have been learning about proper hair care in regards to my natural hair and the styles that I like to wear.I have been wearing weaves off and on for about 2yrs. I just got my 1st lace wig it was a gift. I decided to try them because when I was about 11 or 12 I went to the salon and got my hair done the person left the chemicals on too long and I have been trying to grow my sides and part of my middle back ever since. I love my weaves but I wanted to try something different that would allow my sides to grow without stress.

Edited by SassyHunay - May 02 2009 at 10:28am
ren41ss4nce View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2009 at 11:33am
I'm in the UK, & like Kimzy I've been wearing ordinary wigs for a long time, because of alopecia - which started 21 years ago & is now AT/AU. The last 14 years or so I wore HH wigs sold by a US jewish company. Then a year ago I was looking around for a different supplier; I found one & bought a wig from them, attracted by the fact that they made caps to fit (& I have a small oddly-shaped head so I was always having to take tucks, etc). The hair was beautiful but not very dense on the crown & back & it only lasted 6 months. The next one I ordered had lots of quality issues & by chance someone on an alopecia forum I belong to had bought a lace wig. I found this forum just after Xmas & started reading!

I did see a site selling LWs last March when I was looking round, but at that time I didn't even understand how they were worn! Now I wish I'd found out about them sooner - they're so liberating!! I won't be going back to traditional wigs either.  

I was so desperate that I probably would've taken the plunge anyway, but the site & the people on it have been so enormously helpful; I'm very grateful to everyone who takes the trouble to post, & especially to vets like SexiB & Celie who spend so much time giving out advice.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
  Share Topic