Extensions Plus

Forum LockedLesbian Cruise Line?????

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Skin Deep View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lesbian Cruise Line?????
    Posted: Oct 26 2005 at 4:38pm
Sponsored Links

trublookool View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2005 at 5:25pm

The link wont show but the idea is just...

Skin Deep View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2005 at 5:44pm

WNBA's Swoopes comes out, to endorse lesbian cruise line

From staff and wire reports

Houston Comets forward Sheryl Swoopes, the WNBA's 2005 most valuable player, announced Wednesday that she will become a spokeswoman for Olivia, a cruise line dedicated to lesbian travelers, and that she is a lesbian.
"What she does in her personal life is her own decision. I respect everything about Sheryl," said Houston coach Van Chancellor. "What she does in her personal life is her own decision. I respect everything about Sheryl," said Houston coach Van Chancellor.
By Steve Yeater, AP

Swoopes, 34, who is divorced with an 8-year-old son, was unavailable for comment Tuesday. She details her life in ESPN The Magazine, due on newsstands Wednesday.

"Do I think I was born this way? No," Swoopes reportedly told the magazine. "And that's probably confusing to some, because I know a lot of people believe that you are.

"It's not something that I want to throw in people's faces. I'm just at a point in my life where I'm tired of having to pretend to be somebody I'm not," Swoopes said. "I'm tired of having to hide my feelings about the person I care about. About the person I love."

Jim Buzinski, co-founder of outsports.com, wrote that Swoopes "was the highest-profile team sport athlete to come out while playing."

A release from ESPN The Magazine about the story did not disclose the identity of Swoopes' partner.

Houston coach Van Chancellor said of Swoopes: "What she does in her personal life is her own decision. I respect everything about Sheryl."

WNBA President Donna Orender said in a statement, "Sheryl's lifestyle choice is a non-issue for us."

Nike marketing manager Raye Pond said the company is happy to have Swoopes as one of its athletes.

Swoopes said her biggest worry about her revelation is that people will be afraid to look up to her.

"I don't want that to happen," she told the magazine. "Being gay has nothing to do with the three gold medals or the three MVPs or the four championships I've won. I'm still the same person. I'm Sheryl."

Swoopes led the WNBA in scoring last year, averaging 18.6 points. She also averaged 4.3 assists and 2.65 steals while making 85% of her free throws and playing a league-high 37.1 minutes a game.

She said it "irritates" her that no one talks about gays playing in men's sports, but that it's become an issue in the WNBA.

"Sexuality and gender don't change anyone's performance on the court," she said. "Women play just as hard as guys do. We're just as competitive."

Contributing: The Associated Press, Oscar Dixon of USA TODAY

BlueMagic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2005 at 6:32pm

No shock.  Looks like she is finally admitting it.

sweet_ambrosia View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2005 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by duoo duoo wrote:

It doesnt shock me too much either, and I think there's a cruise line catered to gay men as well.

MsCreativeMind View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2005 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by sweet_ambrosia sweet_ambrosia wrote:

Originally posted by duoo duoo wrote:

It doesnt shock me too much either, and I think there's a cruise line catered to gay men as well.

Yeah, like on the movie Boat Trip.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic