Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Sensitive Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

SENSITIVE TO ALL HEAT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SENSITIVE TO ALL HEAT
    Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 3:09am
Originally posted by RedSoxtober RedSoxtober wrote:

I just had to avoid going outside for the past few days because I had a heat rash breakout from being out in the sun. I used spf70 sunblock and waited until after 5pm to go out. I've had trouble trying to sleep because I have to keep going to splash cold water on myself to help the painful itching.

I hope I'm not allergic to my sunscreen!!! 

I am allergic to my sunscreenCry. Oxybenzone is one of the ingredients in it and it's common for people to have an allergic reacton to it.  Actually, my allergic reaction got pretty bad that year and I wound up going to the ER. I keep hydrocortisone onhand during the summer months just in case I start breaking out.
Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 3:01am
Originally posted by imjusst2much imjusst2much wrote:

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.......My skin is very sensitive to ANY heat! In the summer, if i'm in the sun, my skin will not only itch like crazy and turn red and blotchy from me scratching soooo hard!! That's not all, even if I eat something hot(soup, coffee etc) my mouth will start to itch inside. If my dishwater is too hot my hands will itch.......really, really itch! I even tried to get a parfin wax on my feet, and uuugh $$#@&!!, it was torture.....itching really bad. I've tried sunscreen and it still doesn't work. I can't even enjoy thw sun in the summer bcs it breaks me out so bad and makes me itch and scratch something terrible!! I haven't taken the time to see a dermatologist yet, i just try to stay away from the sun/heat. I've heard of people being sensitive to the sun, but my sensitivity is not only sun, but any heat.Has anyone heard of this or experienced this?

I'm sensitive to sun and hot humid conditions as well and my skin breaks out in hives and sometimes blisters in place where my skin never get mch sun (like my feet).I can't even wear sunblock (I believe I'm allergic to oxybenzone which is found in most sunblocks) beause that makes me breakout even worse. The only things that have worked for me were cool showers,  keeping cool by staying in the shade, drinking plenty of water or just indoors with A/C. It also helps to wear light colored cotton fabrics like linen, gauze. 
peterwood4321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterwood4321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 4:50am
Laser technology is best today for sensitive skin.  The laser provides new hope for the sensitive skin of a wide range of warts that are resistant to traditional therapies, without presenting a high risk of scarring. A complete beauty laser centre which provides some special features that fulfill the skin needs of today.  
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2011 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by kupenda kupenda wrote:

Similar to some of the ladies here, I am allergic to the sun/uv rays.  I'm usually good on most days unless I'm in the sun for extreme amounts of time or unless I wear any sort of sunscreen or makeup.  Two weeks ago I had an interview, then afterwards took my kids to the park without thinking about my face and next thing I know a huge rash appears covering my forehead.  I, too, swear by hydrocortizone cream which took the itch away after two days but now I have dark marks on my forehead as a reminder.  The scars are fading though which is nice, I hope I'll be back to normal in the next week.  As far as actually being allergic to heat as opposed to uv rays, I would research on the net and go to your doctor with some possible ideas.  Even if all your research is wrong, it will show that you're not some dumb patient that has no concern for their health.

I have the same problem and I will definately buy some hydrocortizone cream. I hope it works for me. I bought 110 spf sun block too lol
kupenda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kupenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2011 at 6:09pm
Similar to some of the ladies here, I am allergic to the sun/uv rays.  I'm usually good on most days unless I'm in the sun for extreme amounts of time or unless I wear any sort of sunscreen or makeup.  Two weeks ago I had an interview, then afterwards took my kids to the park without thinking about my face and next thing I know a huge rash appears covering my forehead.  I, too, swear by hydrocortizone cream which took the itch away after two days but now I have dark marks on my forehead as a reminder.  The scars are fading though which is nice, I hope I'll be back to normal in the next week.  As far as actually being allergic to heat as opposed to uv rays, I would research on the net and go to your doctor with some possible ideas.  Even if all your research is wrong, it will show that you're not some dumb patient that has no concern for their health.
zara001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zara001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2011 at 6:19am
i was also suffering all these kind of issues, my skin also very sensitive to heat and cold hair, i sometimes used cold cream to avoid looking my skin 
cinamonwish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinamonwish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 7:56am
That you have is rosacea I have it to, avoid hot, sun, to much cardio work out, and spicy food...
I keep it under control by using metro gel or metronidazole, there are also antibotic for that but only if it is serve rosacea I didn't used them. Also do not use piling, just very gentle cleansers, with no alcohol or scrub in it, everything need to be gentle.
Zinc is good to, you have them in baby creams for bottom.
Coconut milk and raw honey helps to if you love natural remedies, as cleaning with Epsom salt.
Avene have creams for it Dirosel and for calming skin Anitrogues, but since in USA more remedies you can search and find on line, like physicians formula and similar.
Try search on line for more.
absolutkaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absolutkaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2009 at 2:53am
wash your face as much as you can and use sunblock
imjusst2much View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imjusst2much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2009 at 12:31am
I recently went to the dermatologist for this problem and i'm not sure he understood black people skin. He kinda rushed over what I was saying and just gave me a prescription for cream to sooth the itching and told me to go see my family physician bcs it may be an issue with my thyroid. He says people with thyroid problems are highly sensitive to the sun. Although this may be true, I'm not sure this is what my problem is because i can even eat hot soup and the inside of my mouth itches, or I can sit under the hair dryer and my scalp turns red and itches soooo bad and my face swells up, so it's not only heat from the sun that bothers me but ANY heat, even if the water that I shower with or wash my hands with is too hot, i itch miserably!
GCurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GCurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2009 at 11:08am
^^
Its possible that you are ...
Try Hydrocortisone ointment on your skin.
The itching will go away pretty quickly.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>