Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 79>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Bearonesoul View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 200lbs+
    Posted: Sep 17 2008 at 3:49am
I thought I would start this thread for women here, who are not ashamed to admit they are 200lbs or 200lbs +, to come in here and share what works, doesn't work, what they heard works, or to just give their opinions.
Let's be each others support, as we take the journey back into the 100 something club!!!!Clap
Sponsored Links

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2008 at 3:52am
And if your goal is not to be in the 100's...thats fine tooHug you will still get love hereHug We all want to each other to be happy.  I started this thread beacause I seen someone ask a question about an exercise, asking if it was easy to do for someone over 200lbs. I thought that was a good question, because I find it hard to get out there and run, or bounce around like I weigh 130lbs...lol

Edited by Bearonesoul - Sep 17 2008 at 3:55am
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2008 at 8:07am
Me! I'm 200lbs+.....right now im doing a lot cardio. The elliptical machine seems to work for me because its less stressful on my joints. I walk on the weekends outdoors which I like because it gives me time to think, reflect, and pray.

I did purchase a callentics dvd but i haven't been able to do a full hour yet.

I've always been a big girl so i've never known what's it like to be small. I know it sounds crazy but its a little scary...i have NO reference point as to what i'll look like at 180 lbs. All i know is, that i FEEL better when i work out and eat healthy...and that's enough motivation for me right now.
swweet*suga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2008 at 11:09am
I LIKE THIS THREAD ALOT THANKS BEAR
MissCassC View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2008 at 12:19pm
I started my weight loss journey at 230, and now I'm in the 100s.  Good luck to you all, it's definitely do-able.Thumbs%20Up

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2008 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Me! I'm 200lbs+.....right now im doing a lot cardio. The elliptical machine seems to work for me because its less stressful on my joints. I walk on the weekends outdoors which I like because it gives me time to think, reflect, and pray.

I did purchase a callentics dvd but i haven't been able to do a full hour yet.

I've always been a big girl so i've never known what's it like to be small. I know it sounds crazy but its a little scary...i have NO reference point as to what i'll look like at 180 lbs. All i know is, that i FEEL better when i work out and eat healthy...and that's enough motivation for me right now.

I have an elliptical machine that I bought last summer, and I have been on it maybe 15 times. Its time for me to bring it out of retirement. I also heard about those callentics dvd's over at low carb friends. Im gonna get one too.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2008 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by swweet*suga swweet*suga wrote:

I LIKE THIS THREAD ALOT THANKS BEAR

Your welcome. We needed oneTongue

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2008 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by MissCassC MissCassC wrote:

I started my weight loss journey at 230, and now I'm in the 100s.  Good luck to you all, it's definitely do-able.Thumbs%20Up

How did you do it dear, and how long did it take you?
MissCassC View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2008 at 2:50pm
It took me about 6 months.  What I did:  altered my eating habits and exercised more.  I stopped eating out so much, stopped eating so much junk/processed food, stopped eating so many sweets, and I didn't drink soda or juice to begin with.  I typically eat whole grains, lean meats, and I stay away from transfat.  I do cardio 5 days a week and I also train with weights 3x a week.  I splurge a bit on the weekends (I really like burritos, pizza, southern food etc.  It's okay in moderation.  It's not okay more than 1 or 2 times a week), and that splurging keeps me from getting intense cravings and binging. 

My advice is not to get wrapped up in crash diets.  Unless you have hormonal problems (i.e. thyroid issues), losing weight is simple.  It takes work, but no gimmick is going to melt off fat for you. 

Also, persistence is key. I'm not at my goal weight yet, an I won't be there for a while, but I set small milestones and reward myself when I reach them (after I lose 7 more pounds, I'm going to treat myself to a facial).

SparkPeople.com is a great online tool for weight loss.  It generates meal and work out plans based on your goals, your schedule and your current weight.  The monthly BHM challenges in this section are good for keeping you motivated, too.  HTH!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2008 at 4:12pm
Your right "persistence is key". Thats my problem. I work out, eat right and don't see any results...then I give up. It does take alot of work and can be hard at times, but if it was so easy everyone would be at their desired weight right?

Losing weight is a mind thing. Everyone in my family is big, so when I start screamin diet, they all smack their lips like...here she go with this diet thing.
And when I was in a relationship ,he kept telling me he liked me the way I was and that I looked fine, but I knew I wasn't when I would get out of breath doing some simple things, that I use to do with such ease a few yrs ago.
So, I don't get much support at home, so again that why I come here.

Im gonna go over and check out the sparkpeople
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 79>
  Share Topic