Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
sweetlady0157 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: baby firl wont let me do her hair! Help
    Posted: Sep 16 2008 at 10:33pm
My little girl is 7 months.
She has very thick afro hair.
The problem is that she wont let me near it!

I bought detangler for her hair so that it is easy to comb but she wont let me do anything, I have managed to put a small little ponytail right in the front.

I want to put cute ponytails in her hair and make her so pretty

Can you guys give me tips to doing her hair? She is my first baby

Thank you so much

Sponsored Links

cheapdate78 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2008 at 3:17pm
Seven months? LOL! Leave her alone! Too cute.

I think you got it right. Just a little ponytail is all she needs. Her hair is still coming in and we don't want to do ANYTHING that will change its progress.

Maybe a LIGHT (!!) moisturizer and/or LIGHT (!!) oil to keep it sleek and shiny. I would go with oil since this will help prevent damage when things are touching her hair like bedsheets or a cap.

Awwww...7 months. 
Miss ViVi View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2008 at 7:31pm

I'd be very gentle with her hair...I kno lots of mothers who have a hard time doing their girls hair, usually do it while they sleep, the only way they can get them to sit still

atlanticstarfan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 8:12pm
You can also create problems when doing your babies' hair by just doing when they are sleep. You may as well get her used to it while she is awoke cuz then she will be used to it. Is she tenderheaded or just doesn't want to sit still? I do my daughter and sometimes my little sister's hair. I don't give them the option to fight. I don't have the time. At 7 months, there should be something done to hair, even if it is two afro puffs with a zig zag part. Do something. Start small and work your way up. Just think...what if she ends up with hair down to her butt. You surely won't be able to do it when she is sleep or chasing her up and down the hallway. Sometimes, you have to let her think you are crazy. Let her play in the bow box or something.....but don't let her think she is running it or she may end up looking weird before you leave the house. Smile
aLilBirdie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2008 at 11:14am
Aww...I remember when my baby was this age! She was born with a head full of hair, so by the time she was 7 months I had no choice but to comb it before going out. As the other ladies stated being gentle is the key, but here is the ultimate tip for you: DO HER HAIR WHILE SHE IS OCCUPIED! I used to put my little girl in her high chair and comb her hair while she ate breakfast or a snack or something along those lines. Since she's 7 months she should be able to snacks on little things like those Gerber puffs or the little "biscuit" things (those things are messy - so you might want to give it to her before you put on her clothes.) If she's still too little to knaw on something in her high chair, then give her a toy or something. The key is to keep her occupied and do something that is quick and gentle.

Edited by aLilBirdie - Oct 17 2008 at 11:17am
Supanatural View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2008 at 9:46am
Well let me tell you there could not be a more difficult child that "MiSS ANNE" here in the avi.  She fusses from beginning to end but I just  spray it down with detangler and put some natures blessings on it.  I try to keep her busy but I do it anyway.  Cuz sister girl aint going nowhere with me lookin crazy.  She aint that cute  LOL
NtrlBeauty285 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2008 at 1:31pm
I  would say that if it's the thickness then wet it or use a natural moisturizer like EVOO or shea butter. My daughter is 15months and I didn't start doing her hair until she was about 4 months and she was born with a lot of hair that just got curlier over time. By this time I had no choice but to do her hair or it would tangle. So I would wash it every 2 days and brush with a baby brush and comb it dry. (Luckily for me I didn't have that problem with my daughter she always sat for me and she still does) but there are sometimes when she would rather play with the people that are around than sit and get her hair done. At this point I trick her with Food YEH for Gerber, or I give her a toy. I would also suggest you do her hair while she's sleep sometimes, and other times make her sit still. On days that I take my daughter to church I force her to sit still just because those are busy days and she wants to be in the loop.
If none of that works pic it out into an afro and pop a head band around it.

This my daughter at 7weeks I didn't even comb her hair out.
This is her at 11months during a (braid interim)

Edited by NtrlBeauty285 - Dec 01 2008 at 1:40pm
jamparis1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2008 at 4:01am
7 months is kinda young!! What DO you want to do with her hair? moisturize and brush, a little pony at the front or a headband is all she needs for now.
A little later what you should do is get a "magic" box, a little box with lots of little toys that she can manipulate, many, many little stuff, put them all in this box just in front of her and that will distract her while u're doing her hair, but keep this box reserved for hair time, cause if she gets bored with it, it's back to square one!
ifeyini View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2008 at 3:08pm
when my daughter was 7 mos I had a little chair and I would do her hair in the chair. I used mane n tail shampoo and conditioner. I learned early on that children cant sit still so I would do her hair and then she would fall asleep. I also had sesame street or something like that on so she would be entertained while I did her hair. I have picts that I can scan on how I used to style her hair. It used to take me  4 hrs to do her hair. I did twist all over and beads at the end. You couldnt tell my daughter nothing because she knew she was cute.
NtrlBeauty285 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2008 at 3:15pm
I cannot for the life of me put twists in my daughter's hair. Her hair is extremely too fine they just unravel as soon as I let go. I did it 1 time when she was 10 months, and I put her hair in several ponytails and then separated the ponytails and twisted them I had to put a barrette on every ponytail to secure her hair. Usually it takes me several hours to braid my daughter's hair.

Edited by NtrlBeauty285 - Dec 08 2008 at 3:23pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic