Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTo My Chicago Ladies Looking for a Weave!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
bapalicious View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: To My Chicago Ladies Looking for a Weave!
    Posted: Nov 18 2004 at 12:30pm

Hey Chi-town Ladies,

I ran across a lady that does all the weaves for the models for Bohyme catalogs.  I went to her shop and she showed me her portfolio of all the models and her work at different hair shows around Chicago.  I also stayed and watched her do one of her clients head.  Her prices are very reasonable for a fusion or a sewn-in weave (price range was $220-280 w/o hair).  Here's the link to her website http://www.ischgo.com/ersolene/default.htm .  The shop is called Jel Hair Spa and it's located on Belmont and Sheffield and the # is 773-871-9000 her name is Ersolene Burns.  I hope this information is useful to you guys.  Let me know.

Sponsored Links

Anika View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2004 at 12:55pm

Thanks!!! I'll keep her in mind, and pass the info along!!

LadyDew View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2004 at 6:25pm

Hi bapalicous,

Thanks for the info. Did you like her work? I guess for the area that she is in that is a pretty good price. Maybe I'm just cheat, but  220.-280. is a little expensive to me.  I know two ladies one in Matteson and the other in Unversity Park that charge 100.-150. w/o hair and they do a wonderful work also.   

cutebajangirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2004 at 7:12pm

Does anyone know which hair by Bohyme is in this weave?

angelic View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2004 at 7:24pm
Bap do you still go to Lydia?
LadyDew View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2004 at 7:47pm
Cute, I notice that hair also and it is beautiful.   I don't know the name, but if I find out I will let you know!  

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2004 at 10:29am

You ladies are welcome.  From what I saw her work was very good and professional I was there for about an hour talking to her and watching her do her client's head.  The reason I may go to her is because she's about 5 minutes from my house and my car is on it's last leg so I can't travel too far to get my hair done.  I will try to post pictures when I get my hair done so that you guys can see her work.  She also works with the owner of Bohyme hair and gave me the ladies name and where she is located in Chicago.  If you guys want the ladies name let me know.

Hey Angelic, I stopped going to Lydia because the weave she put in end up coming up at the ends after a few weeks and twisting around so I had to place bobby pins in to hold it down.  I also was weary about going back because I'm not going to do the curly this time and I'm scared my tracks will show more with straight her with her technique.  Lydia told me that she did not know how to braid flat so I was looking for someone that can braid real flat to the head. Did you go back to her after the first time?

shytownmom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2004 at 1:46pm
hi,
i live in Illinois and am looking to find someone to weave my heair until i learn to braid and weave it myself, i have been going to a place called "Machy Braids and Weave" on Sibley blvd in Calumet City, they charge me a whopping $400-500each time i go , i had no idea there are other places that charge less, after reading this forum i have decided that i would rather shave my head ball than pay out this kind of money ever .. is Chicago the only place that i can have it done for less? what about Naperville or Bolingbrook?,,, any suggestions would be appreciated... Shytownmomneed help finding weave technician in Chicago surburbs,,,,

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2004 at 3:51pm

Wow, you paid $400-500 each time did they do a good job at least?  It's hard finding someone to do hair in Chicago.  For Chicago to be such a huge city you would swear we would have it a little easier searching for someone that can hookup a weave.  My friend's wife goes to a place called Glitz and Glamour out in Bolingbrook try them and see if they do weaves for a decent price.  Hope this information helps.

Glitz & Glamour Hair Studio

(630) 771-9100

Address:

427 N Bolingbrook Dr
Bolingbrook, IL 60440

Cross Street:Between State Route 53 and E Boughton Rd

LadyDew View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2004 at 6:50pm

"Machy Braids and Weave" on Sibley blvd in Calumet City, they charge me a whopping $400-500each time i go , i had no idea there are other places that charge less,

Hi Shytowmmom,

Machy is very good at what she does. I have see her work in several hair books. She is very expensive also. I went talk to her about interlocks about 4 months ago and she blow me out the water. I have only seen her braid work and it was very nice. I hope you are able to found someone that is reasonable and good. In the mean time girl buy you a doll head and practice on your braiding so you can do your own weaves.  Good Luck!!!! 

Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic