Extensions Plus

Forum LockedWhats Working!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
traphael81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats Working!!!!
    Posted: Apr 03 2008 at 9:17am

OK All You Beautiful Naturals my question is:

WHAT'S WORKING FOR YOU!!!!

Now that you're been on BHM for Years/Months what is definitely working for you. WHat have you learned and dded to your regimen that is now part of your Holy Grail.

SJ67, Centered Girl, Natural Gurl, Loolalooh, MsToya and Everybody ( I'm sorry if i'm leaving anyone out) You guys are my veterans so please come in and spread the knowledge!!!!ClapStarEmbarrassed.

I have been lurking and learning and I'm a much better natutal this time around (3rd attempt)LOL. I don't want to go back but i'm getting scared about the summer. I'm can't wait for my big reveal in July so...  I'm supercharging my regimen for the next couple of months. What have you added, deleted, tweeked in your regimen. Please give play by play or instructions. With all the new DC Treatments (GlycerinHoneyEVOO Treament, Yogurt Treament, Caramel Treament, Henna Treatment, SheaOliveCoconut Treatment etc etc...) how's a girl to choose. So what's your favs and why?

So ladies please come in and help us newbies, transitioners, and yes even us lurkers out!!! TIA
Sponsored Links

Second2None View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2008 at 12:08pm
bump
loolalooh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2008 at 3:47pm
Hey traphae!! Hopefully the others get in soon.  I know mstoya's the expert on the Henna Treatment.  I'm still learning but ...

Let's see ... what's working for me?  My fav stuff are:

Safflower oilThumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up: It doesn't get enough hype but, for me, it's an EXCELLENT sealant.  My hair stays moisturized for days.  I'm in love.  It's Inexpensive, Easily Absorbed, and Retains moisture.  I use it on top of shea butter OR water.  Here's more info (scroll to where safflower oil is mentioned): http://www.salonweb.com/moretips.htm,

HoneyEVOO comboHeart:  I mix this with cholesterol (LustraSilk shea&mango) to make a moisturizing and super-detangling DC.  Whoever came up with the HoneyEVOO combo was a genius!  I also throw in molasses because it supposedly counters the highlighting effects of honey.  I leave the DC mix on for 1 hour or more for the best results.  Also, the more EVOO I add, the better.

Caramel Treatment: I tried this while transitioning but not yet as a natural.  It's very similar to what I do above, except instead of cholesterol bananas (and sometimes wheat germ oil & cornstarch) are used.  In my opinion, the treatment leaves the hair soft but I can do without it.  My DC is sufficient.

Future experiments I'll try: Yogurt Treatment, Egg Treatment.

I think for a lot of us, simplicity AND natural products are the key!!

Edited by loolalooh - Apr 03 2008 at 3:54pm
naturalgurl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2008 at 4:48pm
Coconut oil has been doing it's thing. My henna treatments are making my hair EXPLODE(for those who love thickness, this is it!). The caramel treatment is a good one too. I also love the coconut milk/lime juice DC. It really relaxes the curl of my hair. These things I just mentioned are on a rotating staple for me. Every weekend I do one of them as long as each specific treatment is given once a month. Thanks for calling me a veteran, I just overkill anything to do with getting something healthy and having healthy hair, that's the BOMB!

***EDITED TO ADD- I do my yogurt protein DC too. I mix it with egg whites, talk about soft strong hair!!!

Edited by naturalgurl - Apr 03 2008 at 4:49pm
mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2008 at 7:28pm
How did I miss this???? I know henna is making all the difference in my hair.  I also think because the only commercial products I use are conditioners, everything else I make.  This is my third time going natural as well but I think I have my method down now.  I just recently started doing the caramel treatments so I can't say anything about the growth effects, yet, I've only done two.  In the beginning I was baggying and moisturising like I had a jheri curl and cowashing everyday.  Now I just wash about once a week since it's warming up now.  About 99% of the time I keep my hair in twists, wear the twistout, henna usally and twist back up.  I haven't really been combing my hair at all just fingercombing, but since getting my denman, I'll probably be detanling once a week.  The defining properties are great with conditioner.  My hair feels amazing three days later, I haven't had to do anything but twist it back up, and I only did that one night of the three.
1. Glycerin/grapeseed oil/water/squirt of conditioner/a few drops of rosemary essential oil....My jheri curl juice.
2. Henna my recipes vary but it's a lifetime product.
3. My butter mixes for my twists are staples but....
4. This leaving conditioner in to set is the bidness!
5. A shower cap is always good to have.
6. I don't have any magic products, just ones that work for me and most can't be bought in a store.
7. I'm also  trying the moon trimming, but I won't be trimming again this year....cause of the other challenge I'm in but you never know....LOL! 

Traphael thanks for the shout out!

Edited by mstoya25 - Apr 03 2008 at 7:29pm
oooop2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 2:13am
MSToya...Have you ever used EXTENSIONS/WEAVES to assist in growing out your hair?

What's working for me is washing my hair 1x a week w/ a good cleansing shampoo.

DC weekly w/ a mix of cheap conditioner, castor oil, coconut oil, EVOO, rosemary oil, jojoba oil.  I leave this mix on my hair for at least 1hr under cap dryer.

Detangling my ends 1x a week after the DC process.

But my #1 product that has literally made ALL the difference in my hair thus far is truly my shealoe concoction.  My hair has a shine, bounce, and thickness to it that I have to attribute to this product.  But I believe the results are based on the ingredients that I have put into this product.

I'm currently not feeling henna b/c it was a royal pain to get our of my hair.  But just looking at the pics taken AFTER I did my henna treatment, it's clear that my hair did BENEFIT from it.  So I will definitely add Henna to my regime.  I just pray that the process of me gets easier..LOL

mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 6:53am
I have never had a weave and I only had my hair braided once back in the mid '90s.  Those braids are what made me BC the first time because my hair grew like crazy, but I didn't know how to detangle it once I took my braids out.  I ended up BCing that faithful August day and it changed my life, even though it took me two more attempts to get it right...
oooop2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 8:47am
Originally posted by mstoya25 mstoya25 wrote:

I have never had a weave and I only had my hair braided once back in the mid '90s.  Those braids are what made me BC the first time because my hair grew like crazy, but I didn't know how to detangle it once I took my braids out.  I ended up BCing that faithful August day and it changed my life, even though it took me two more attempts to get it right...

LOL...Yeah I heard that braids can really tangle up your hair if not careful.

I've never worn weaves/extensions either.  Just seems like so many use it in order to achieve length.  IT's really not me.  So although I go back and forth about getting them done, I know more than likely I won't.

wonderstar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 9:02am
Originally posted by oooop2 oooop2 wrote:

MSToya...Have you ever used EXTENSIONS/WEAVES to assist in growing out your hair?

What's working for me is washing my hair 1x a week w/ a good cleansing shampoo.

DC weekly w/ a mix of cheap conditioner, castor oil, coconut oil, EVOO, rosemary oil, jojoba oil.  I leave this mix on my hair for at least 1hr under cap dryer.

Detangling my ends 1x a week after the DC process.

But my #1 product that has literally made ALL the difference in my hair thus far is truly my shealoe concoction.  My hair has a shine, bounce, and thickness to it that I have to attribute to this product.  But I believe the results are based on the ingredients that I have put into this product.

I'm currently not feeling henna b/c it was a royal pain to get our of my hair.  But just looking at the pics taken AFTER I did my henna treatment, it's clear that my hair did BENEFIT from it.  So I will definitely add Henna to my regime.  I just pray that the process of me gets easier..LOL

Do you think you can get your husband to help you rinse it out? It helps with the quality timeTongue.

Eventhough my honey isn't fond of the fact that I'm dyeing my hair (he thinks jet black is the prettiest) he washed out the henna for me last time. He was having so much fun. Man he was running his hands from my scalp straight down to the ends. Then when the majority of it was out I got him to put conditioner on my hair so the remaining debris would come out. Mannn he was smoothing down my hair like he was styling it. He was making comments like "this is a nice style" as he slicked back the front behind my ears, "all you need are two clips, one on each side"LOL.

I can't get him to admit my hair is longer thoughOuch but he would tell all his friends and family how long it is when I'm not aroundConfused.
traphael81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 9:10am
Thanks Ladies!!!! Oooop2 how could I have forgotten you Cry. Girl i'm sorry for as much as I check out your fotki LOL. Forgive meHug.

Anywhoo I can't wait for July!!!! I've been doing well so far. This is my first time going so long as a natural and i love it. I've mostly been braiding and cornrowing/wigging it. I love when i take the braids and cornrows out and seeing my hair getting longer and longer. I get all excited!!!!LOL. My mom thinks i'm crazy!!! Oh well....

I will definitely try the Yogurt and Henna! They are on my to do list. Will just be keeping it simple sister until then.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic