Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Under 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 99>

Bootiful Cream

Author
CajunBelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CajunBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Under 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here
    Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 6:24pm
My problem is with moisture overload because I got a Lil too carried away with the s-curl lol
I know you're supposed to counteract this with a hard protein treatment but right now I just got a sew in 2 weeks ago which means taking it down to do that = wasted money and time. Not only that, but Im 17 weeks post and most likely have shed hair that needs to be removed first but I'm scared to manipulate my hair that much being that my strands are sooooo elastic right now. They literally pop like weak rubber bands Do u think I should spray infusium or any other protein liquid leave in on it first? Also, I noticed the 2nd ingredient in infusium is glycerine do u think that may just make the problem worse?
Sponsored Links

daretobe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daretobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 7:36am
Can someone help me out please? My hair is driving me crazy!

I've been on my hhj for two years now, however the last time I went to get my hair relaxed (beginning of October) my hairdresser told me I have split ends up most of my hair shaft and my ends have thinned out and a lot of it has broken off. I had it trimmed but everytime I try to moisture and seal, or even comb my hair, strands are just coming off my head and I don't know what to do. 

At this point, would it just be easier for me to cut my hair a lot shorter and start again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
tiya2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiya2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2013 at 4:24pm
Hello guys! I have a question

I have been perming my hair for 12 years now and since i have been getting sew ins, i have not gotton a perm since March of this year. In june, i took out my braids an dyed my hair black so it would match the weave better. 2 month after that, i got a keratin treatment and it did nothing to my hair! My hair is dry and brittle right now and i cannot take it anymore! My question is, is it OK if i put a relaxer in my hair? Its been 2 weeks since i had the k treatment. Will that stop the breakage?

I use a deep cond. , moisturizer and nothing works!
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by LaurenNicole LaurenNicole wrote:

I have a sew in and my edges are all braided up.

I have heard a lot of all these different types of oils but I have jojoba oil only. Could I put that around my edges to prevent breakage and on my braids t moisturize or would that not work?

It couldn't hurt since jojoba oil is so close to sebum, which we naturally produce.
LaurenNicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurenNicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 11:23am
I have a sew in and my edges are all braided up.

I have heard a lot of all these different types of oils but I have jojoba oil only. Could I put that around my edges to prevent breakage and on my braids t moisturize or would that not work?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 4:21am
Originally posted by AfricanGal AfricanGal wrote:

I've been using a TON Cantu Shea Butter Daily Oil Moisturizer , "As I Am" Coconut Co-Wash weekly to deep condition, and Aphogee Protein Conditioner once a month for about two months. My hair still continues to feel unbelievably dry and brittle. I could moisturize it a ton the day before and it feel bone dry the day after.  Is there a reason why hair would still feel and look dry even after moisturizing the day before? (more info on previous page).

More importantly, is there a reason as to why I'd be losing hair not only on my scalp but around my entire body as well. I've notice my eyebrows have thinned (and they're notorious for being long and thick) and umm kind of embarassing  but "my hair down there" has thinned and isn't growing. haha don't mean to gross any one out but I don't know what's wrong and I'm really worried. Is it something I'm not doing externally to my hair? Is it an internal issue? Lack of protein due to diet (doubt it I eat a lot of meat an veggies)? Vitamins? Climate? etc etc? I'm starting to get worried..

That is not a deep conditioner, the product I highlighted above.  It is a mild cleanser that has moderate conditioning properties.  You need the one that comes in a jar, the As I Am Hydration Elation or something like that.  As for the disconcerting hair loss, I would definitely visit the doctor and have your thyroid checked and to rule out some disorders like lupus, alopecia, PCOS, etc.

Edited by NARSAddict - Aug 22 2013 at 4:21am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 4:17am
Originally posted by maxiquaa maxiquaa wrote:

I have mixed hair (black, Guyanese, Cherokee native, Italian) and it has always been extremely thick and strong. I think it's somewhere between a 3 and 3c as far as curl type, depending on which part of my hair you look at and is currently grown to the middle of my back. I've been texturizing my hair with a Rusk product for the past 2 years or so with no issues. I usually only have it done once or twice a year. Beginning in May of this year, I noticed that right at the back area of the top of my head, my scalp felt very tender to the touch and my hair was weakening. When I combed my hair in the shower, more and more hair was coming out which made me nervous.

My usual routine is that I wash my hair about once a week and braid it before going to bed. I braided my hair, but when I woke up, the tightness of the braids had caused a bunch of the little hairs to snap. This wasn't such a big deal at first, but even after I stopped braiding my hair or even putting it up in any kind of tight style, it has continued to break off throughout the summer. Now I have a pretty sizable area of my head that is all broken off. I have stopped texturizing my hair (the last time it was done was December) and there is about 2 inches of new, natural growth happening. I've noticed that the breaking seems to happen right where the texturized hair and the natural hair meet, leaving about 2 inches of hair that stick out at odd angles. I am a 19 year old working college student, so I don't know how much of this could be stress related.

Here's a picture of what it looks like with wet hair: 

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x289/WHEEE4/Photoon8-17-13at128AM.jpg

I usually don't shampoo my hair, but when I do I use Pantene. I condition with Mixed Chicks deep conditioner or their leave in. My hair tends to be on the drier side, but apart from this breaking, my hair seems very healthy with no other issues. I don't use anything to style it besides grapeseed oil, almond oil, or sometimes shea butter. I'm starting to stress about this, which isn't good. Can anyone give any advice? Thank you! Sorry for the long post. 

As for the scalp irritation, I feel like you need to see a doctor.  My mom suffers from the same thing and I think it is what she puts on her scalp but she don't want to listen. As for the breakage, maybe using a reconstructor would help.  It sounds like your texturized hair has weaken considerably.  I cannot pinpoint why but what you could try is a reconstructor treatment lik Aphogee 2 minute treatment or Nexxus Emergencee.  There is also Joico K-Pak treatment that is much lauded by those who chemically treat their hair.
AfricanGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfricanGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 5:18pm
I've been using a TON Cantu Shea Butter Daily Oil Moisturizer , "As I Am" Coconut Co-Wash weekly to deep condition, and Aphogee Protein Conditioner once a month for about two months. My hair still continues to feel unbelievably dry and brittle. I could moisturize it a ton the day before and it feel bone dry the day after.  Is there a reason why hair would still feel and look dry even after moisturizing the day before? (more info on previous page).

More importantly, is there a reason as to why I'd be losing hair not only on my scalp but around my entire body as well. I've notice my eyebrows have thinned (and they're notorious for being long and thick) and umm kind of embarassing  but "my hair down there" has thinned and isn't growing. haha don't mean to gross any one out but I don't know what's wrong and I'm really worried. Is it something I'm not doing externally to my hair? Is it an internal issue? Lack of protein due to diet (doubt it I eat a lot of meat an veggies)? Vitamins? Climate? etc etc? I'm starting to get worried..

Edited by AfricanGal - Aug 21 2013 at 8:58pm
LaurenNicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurenNicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I just got the Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor. Is it best to use this before pooing or after shampoo but before conditioning your hair?

First you shampoo your hair (I prefer to use a clarifying
shampoo to get rid of all the buildup and make the treatment work
better), then apply the 2 minute treatment.  Leave it in for the
recommended time, rinse, and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. 
I mean a rich moisturizing conditioner.
thanks! You answered my question to a T
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 12:44pm

I just got the Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor. Is it best to use this before pooing or after shampoo but before conditioning your hair?

First you shampoo your hair (I prefer to use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of all the buildup and make the treatment work better), then apply the 2 minute treatment.  Leave it in for the recommended time, rinse, and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.  I mean a rich moisturizing conditioner.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 99>
  Share Topic