Just thought i would post a good breakfast recipe...im hungry and pregnant and im CRAVING this but of coarse im not home right now so to curb my appetite i decided to post the recipe LOL!!!!
I make this for my family pretty often mabey every other day or so...its bomb if you enjoy eatting liver and so healthy too.
Traditional Somali Breakfast
1-2 lbs. Goat Livers
1 Large Onion
1 Large Green Pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste
Wash and cut your livers and saute in a pan with your oil. Sear only about 2-3 mins then add your onions and green pepper. Add garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Cover for about 10 mins or until liver is cooked thoroughly and onions and peppers are soft.
I like to serve with Somali Sweet tea and Injera.
You HAVE to eat this meal with Injera, scooping liver and onions into the bread with your hands.
Lipton Black tea (lipton tastes best but any plain black tea will do)
Sugar to taste
1. add desired amount of water to a pot and boil.
2. add adequite amount of tea bags for amount of water used.
3. add 4-5 cardemom pods to pot
4. add about 1/2 tsp grated ginger to pot.
5. add one cinnemon stick to pot
6. add 2-3 whole cloves.
7. Let simmer and steep for about 10mins.
8 add sugar and milk to taste