Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Acid Peels - Share your Reviews and Routines..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 154>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CincygirlD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CincygirlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acid Peels - Share your Reviews and Routines..
    Posted: Jun 24 2016 at 8:50pm
Following!
Sponsored Links

loveroflife101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2016 at 11:22am
Round 2, week 1!

Peel concentration: 65%
Time: 7 minutes total
Layers: I applied 6 layers. I applied it at every minute mark, until I reached 1 minute on the countdown so: 7:00 -apply first layer- 6:00 -apply layer- 5:00 - apply layer- 4:00 -apply layer-, 3:00 -apply layer- 2:00 -apply layer-
After peel: I applied aloe vera gel 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 4:42pm
I'm back! I'll be restarting this program and additionally adding a few extra's this time around. 

The first thing that I'll be incoporating is, Likas papaya soap. It's branded as a lightening soap, but I have carefully researched and read that it won't bleach your complexion. It has no agents that bleach your skin, meaning anything that will inhibit or interfere with your melanin, causing you complexion to go lighter than your natural complexion. What it will do is fade discoloration and lighten severely sun damaged skin, which is what I am looking foward to. Likas has great exfoliation properties. Lactic acid will loosen the skin on the upper layer and I hope to loosen and shed it off my face with the Likas bar soap. 

The second thing I'll be adding is, a lactic acid lotion. I plan on setting my percentage at 15% and I'll be experimenting with the frequency, considering the fact that I am also doing peels. 

Last time, I worked up to 8 weeks, so I'll be resuming this routine and call it round 2! 

I didn't notice any improvements with my complexion, last time around.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2016 at 11:46am
Week 8, day 3

I was lazy to do it on the planned the day which was last weeks friday, so I did it today which is monday. I did three very different things this time. I derma rolled my face with a derma roller of 1,00mm needles before applying my peel. I read that derma-rolling beforehand will create a deeper peel. The second thing I did differently was apply a different type of chemical peel. This week I used a glycolic peel, instead of a lactic acid peel. This is supposed to be a slightly more intense peel. I used it with a 50% concentration and left it on for 5 minutes. Let me tell you... If I don't notice some real improvements with this peel, I'm going right back to the lactic acid peel or exploring a different type of peel. As soon as this peel touched my face it STUNG. It stung a lot worse than the lactic acid peel and I'm sure that the fact that I derma rolled before hand played a factor in this. It felt as if I had a open wound and spritz some really hot chilli on it. This leads me to the third thing I did differently. It stung so bad, I only applied it on my forehead. I simply couldn't muscle enough courage to apply it throughout the rest of my face. Again.. only if I see some real improvements am I willing to continue with this peel/technique. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2016 at 4:07am
I just noticed all my typo's. Lawdness.

Anyways, it's the first day after the peel. My skin is looking extremely clear and smooth. The temple area that felt a little raw to touch, yesterday has a few dark scabs. It's nothing too noticeable or extreme. I hope they'll peel and fade away in the course of the week.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2016 at 1:45pm
Week 7!

Last weeks progression: Aside from the minor peeling on the first, second and day after I haven't experienced or noticed any additional changes. Soft skin and slightly brighter appearance than what I started with. I must have skin of steel! I read people burning their skin and peeling sheets, but all I got was some minor flaking.

Week: This is my 6th peel

Peel concentration: 65%

Time: 7-8 minutes.

Layers: 3 layers. I put the applied it on my forehead and then started the timer and went through my whole entire face. When the timer was at 5 minutes I applied my second layer and on 2 minutes I applied my third and final layer. On the final layer is when I also applied it around my eyes and on my lips

Steps: This time I rinsed my peel without neutralizing. I read that someone did this overnight and woke up to peeling skin the next day. I'm not sure if I'll do this overnight yet, since this is the first time I'm attempting something like this. I may rinse it after a few hours. 

Additional: I noticed that the peel hurts a lot less than when I first began at 40%

EDIT: As I said, I rinsed the peel, but this time I didn't neutralize it after the 8 minutes. I initially wanted to keep it on for several hours, but after about 20 minutes, I felt my skin and my temple area kind of felt raw so I immediately rinsed and neutralized at-least three times! I've slathered my face with avocado oil and now I'm just sitting here. I hope I didn't go too overboard. Listening to your skin is very, very important. Beauty isn't pain when it comes to this. You can seriously burn yourself I'll keep you guys updated 

Edited by loveroflife101 - Mar 18 2016 at 1:50pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2016 at 12:21pm
Second day post peel. I woke up to some minor flakings here and there. I lightly scrubbed my skin in the evening with a vitamin c scrub and I re-moisturized with avacado oil. My skin feels incredibly smooth. My forehead still has a slight itching sensation. When I lightly scratch my forehead, I can see more flakes form in certain area's, but I'm restraining from doing that. Scratching recently peeled skin can cause a break out or even worse, more hyper-pigmentation.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2016 at 5:13pm
Mini update
It's the second day today. My skin has been quite itchy. I started out with a slight itching sensation in the morning, that progressively turned into a medium sensation, by night. It's mostly on my forehead and cheeks. I'm refraining from scratching the areas, because that will likely cause a break out. Aside from the itchy feeling, I haven't seen any additional changes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2016 at 8:55am
Week 6!

Last session progress: 

Immediately after the peel: My skin looked incredibly smooth. I looked in the mirror and it was as if I was staring at a clear canvas. I still had some bumps here and there but the texture of my skin itself was drastically improved

The day after: My skin felt slightly tighter throughout the entire day, but the feeling was faded by the ended of the day. In the days after my skin looked lovely with a beautiful slight glow all over. Again, I have quite great skin naturally. Hyper pigmentation is my main flaw. 

Week: This is my fifth peel 
Peel concentration: 65% Lactic Acid peel
Time: 6 minutes in total. I started with a light layer and re-applied another layer after 4 minutes.
Progress: I applied the peel, neutralized and moisturized with avocado oil. My skin continued to feel uncomfortable for about 20 minutes after I neutralized and moisturized. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2016 at 9:51pm
Week 5!

Last sessions progress: After doing my peel and writing my peel last week my face got itchy, so I made the BAD decision of lightly scratching around my face and I immediately ended up with rash outbreaks all over my face. Now, I know that when doing chemical peels that your skin may ''purge'' and break out into a rash and I think that that had also played a part in it, but I'm sure that if I resisted the temptation of itching, I would have ended up with a lot less rash.

The rash was active for three days, starting on the evening I applied the peel, till two days afterwards. The rash was mostly around the sides of my cheeks and my forehead. By day 4/5 my rash had cleared. As far as peeling, along day 3/4 I noticed some very, very minimal flaking on my chin, but that was about it for any peeling.

My skin didn't feel as amazing or look as good as it did in the previous weeks, but I didn't mind. I naturally have great skin, so as long as I don't end up with something worse than what I begun, I'm fine.

This weeks session: This is my fourth session
Peel concentration: I applied a 65% concentration. I was very anxious because it's a high concentration and my face is one of my most precious possessions! I am very curious about this concentration. When I was reading around, I read that a lot of people had great results with this concentration when it came to hyper-pigmentation. I think I'll stick to this concentration.
Time: I left it on for 1 minute and 30 minutes. I applied it on my forehead and started the stopwatch. I initially wanted to keep it on for 2-3 minutes, but I had also applied it around my eyes with a small cotton and it burned like hell, so instead of trying to stick it out, I listened to my skin and rinsed it off. It's very important to listen to your skin and let your skin guide you! After I rinsed it off and neutralized I noticed that my skin looked very pale. This is not something I experienced I previously experienced. I covered my face with avacado oil and my face looks spotless, as if I don't even have pores! 

Edited by loveroflife101 - Mar 03 2016 at 9:53pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 154>
  Share Topic