Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedWhy BC Thin, See Through Ends?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Tink View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why BC Thin, See Through Ends?
    Posted: Dec 21 2007 at 6:11am
Originally posted by bronzeg bronzeg wrote:

i was one of those ppl who wanted to hang on to my hair...but honestly, it just didn't look good..eventhough i did not wear my hair dwn..it just looked ummm...nasty...any who..i chopped...and i am soo much happier ...i realized that it was only hair, and it would grow back..better:

august-december;sorry, my hair wasn't comned properly;

Eta: my sig looks better..
The August pic is how MY hair looks except maybe not as long. The last 3-4 inches are thin. I didn't want to cut them b/c of styling options. Now that my hair has grown about 2 inches, I'm ready to trim it. I'm going to wait until my camera arrives so that I can update before and after my trim. I'm excited about trimming b/c I know that I will still have some length and one side won't be longer than the other! I also co-sign w/Alynxx.
Sponsored Links

bronzeg View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2007 at 11:53am
oh..lol....it's banging though!!
Ediese View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2007 at 11:50am

No girl!! I wish it was. I would love this length and thickness.

bronzeg View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2007 at 11:42am
if that's your hair in your avi...i'm eating my words!! your hair looks greeat!! maybe all you need is a light trim??
Ediese View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 12:00pm

2bBSL
I think I'll gradually trim it instead of chopping it all of now. This is how I see it. If I cut off 1/2 each month after I get to BSL, that'll help even out my hair and help make it fuller. In the process, I won't lose the length that I gained (since I'm cutting off the 1/2 that my hair grows 1/2'' each month). i won't gain any additional length, but the NG will be healthier and I'll just get rid of the ends, gradually. Hope that makes sense.

*5+5

I understand your decision, but for me I did that back in February so I'm looking for an alternative now. We'll see what happens.

bluemac
I had the same problem with a relaxer that jacked up my nape. Fortunately, my nape is definitely looking up. I'm definitely going to follow what you did. I'm happy you didn't chop it all off. No BCs for me either.

bronzeq
I will cut it, but gradually. I just don't feel like BCing again. I just did that back in February. Now that I know all that I do about proper hair car, I'm positive that I can improve it. I don't wear my hair out so I just don't see the point in chopping it off.  

destinee1483
Girl, the decision is ultimately yours, but I think that gradually trimming will work better for me. Why BC if you can trim a little off at a time. Proper care will definitely help you out. Good luck keep me posted.

ms b haven6
Your hair is looking great too! As for me, I'm not BCing again. I'll trim a little at a time. We'll see what happens next year.

Oh yeah..did you get that information for the Dominican salon in Houston? I posted it in that other post.
Ediese View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 11:37am

elektra
I don't like to see them either, but imo I don't wear my hair out anyway. So, why chop it all off? I think I'm going to hang on until I get to BSL and gradually trim from there. Hopefully, my nape starts catching up.

sasshyshani
I love to see thick hair from root to tip too, so I'm start trimming a little at a time when I get to my goal.

tiffanyoneal
Thanks girl! I understand that no one loves to see see thru ends, but why BC if you don't wear your hair out anyway? Yep, I agree that with stretching and protective styling it will definitely help our hair get thicker. I won't have a problem trimming when I get to my goal. Why not try to improve it in the meantime?  

LdySpartyLo
I posted a pic of my nape a couple weeks ago. It's definitely starting to grow, but it's no where near as long as the rest of my hair. When I get my hair straightened next week, I'll post some more. Back in February, I did BC to even out my hair with my nape. So, I'm deciding against doing that again. I'll definitely work on growing it out and gradually trim. Thanks for the tips, I have to keep my hands out of it. 

Claudie
I completely agree with you Claudie! It wouldn't be a big deal to trim 3/4", but 4" and more is alot to chop off esp. when I did that back in February. Since I've learned so much from being on this board, I can give it extra care to improve it. I don't think a BC is necessary for me.

shae47
Yep, it sounds like we have the same issue. I also stopped relaxing and trying to manipulate it into tight ponytails. Low and behold, my nape is filling in. I'm surely going to wait until I get to BSL to start gradually trimming...no BCs for me again. 
ms_b_haven06 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 10:51am
I did it cause I wanted a fresh start my hair was pass SL b4 i cut it I did have thin ends from overprocessing. Now I have been in the game for 6 months and made a good come a round and dont believe I would have made it this far without a fresh start but everyone is different. I wasnt really worried about going from pass SL to EL cause it will all grow back if u TLC it.....and it is almost back where i started.
destinee1483 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 10:24am
I love you for this post E!!!! I was really thinking of doing a big chop!!! you helped change my mind!!!!
bronzeg View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Ediese Ediese wrote:

Okay... I have a question for all of you that won't be opposed to just cutting it off. I think my hair looks thinner because for the past year I've been having problems with my nape area. I swear whenever I relaxed the back of my hair days later I would notice that all of the hair completely broke up. I started chopping my whole head trying to even things out. This happened again in January, so I chopped my hair off again (short bob). I guess back then I didn't realize it was a combination of the relaxer and my iron deficiency that broke my hair off.

Anyway, now that my hair has grown back, it looks a little thin because whereas other parts of my hair is 12-16" inches. The nape area is about 5". Would you guys chop off that hair to even it out with the nape area?

ediese...i would cut a bit..this was my case exactly...due to a bad relaxer last year..almost the whole back half was about 2 in" long...i nursed my hair back to f\good health, but the crown was about 3 in" longer than the back...suffice to say, i held on to the hair b/c that portion wsa pretty much APL...i finally made the decision to "even it up"...amazingly my hair had grown back pretty good and it is even....

how do you feel about it? do you feel like your hair would look alot better w/o the hair? do you feel like you can nurse it back??
bluemac View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2007 at 7:34am
I had a really bad relaxer incident last year that left my nape almost bald.   My ends were looking great (no splits) but it just appeared thin.   The difference in lengths was so frustrating...at one point it was so bad I started a thread on BHM saying I was going to chop it all off.   Fortunately the ladies talked some sense into me and I decided to just gradually trim a little bit each time.

It is slowly catching up but it's still a good 2 inches shorter than the rest of my hair.  However, I'm happy with the way it looks and won't be doing a BC anytime soon.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic