Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedREMINDER about VIRGIN Indian Hair!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
BlackEsq View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: REMINDER about VIRGIN Indian Hair!
    Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 12:32pm
JadeDimps, Carolee, DivaVocals (and numerous others in the past) made posts reminding ladies of what to possibly expect from their Virgin Indian hair. I am not sure if some ladies are not reading those posts or if they can't find the info using the SEARCH FUNCTION.

I just searched for Carolee's old post on Virgin hair & I thought I would post it here for those now deciding to jump on the Virgin Indian Hair Bandwagon!Big%20smile

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=91070&KW=virgin+hair
Sponsored Links

moremi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 12:37pm
I really feel that Virgin hair is NOT a good choice for a first non-bss hair purchaser.. I believe that if this is ur first time u should get processed hair. 
PerfectBlending View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 1:24pm
my hair is shedding like crazy!!!! this is NOT my first virgin purchase......I think I got a bad batch
BlackEsq View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 1:28pm
You have the wefted, right? My hand tied isn't bad. Wonder if we should have sealed?

Edited by Ameisha - Nov 24 2007 at 4:02pm
PerfectBlending View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Ameisha Ameisha wrote:

You have the wefted, right? Mine isn't too bad. Wonder if we should have sealed?
i did seal with fray check tho...maybe i need the stuff from the hairext 101....I think it is more, so the light batch that is shedding like a damn dog!Ouch
BlackEsq View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 2:12pm
Oh you did. I was too lazy to do it. Hmmm wonder what happened. Sorry. I am gonna PM you.
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2007 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by moremi moremi wrote:

I really feel that Virgin hair is NOT a good choice for a first non-bss hair purchaser.. I believe that if this is ur first time u should get processed hair. 
I would have to disagree.. I think the problem for many first timers is not spending enough time getting EDUCATED and doing enough research BEFORE making that first non BSS purchase.. Whether they purchse virgin or processed they need to be EDUCATED. Based on my own experiences, I know it's about QUALITY, not virgin versus processed..

For all of the first timers it means reading the Weaves/Extensions 101 sticky. (yes all of it!) It means SEARCHING (and YES the search works if you know the tricks on how to use it.. hell a GOOGLE search on this forum will get you results) It means doing A LOT of researching ON YOUR OWN.. IMO, the folks looking for QUICK instant answers are going to be the ones least likely to be happy with their first non BSS purchase..

Edited by DivaVocals - Nov 24 2007 at 3:49pm
jazzidiva45 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 12:02am
I did a lot of research on my virgin indian hair and it is a learning process.  Thanks to all of the ladies on the forum, I know how to manage my virgin hair now.  The key is to follow the directions of the manufacturer or supplier and not use too much product.
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 2:46am
I need to add to this... a HUGE factor in the success of your install is to not install hair without having it cut and styled.. Do not be afraid of scissors.. Curly/wavy hair needs LAYERS to lay properly. You can get your hair cut and still preserve the length of your style with a skilled stylist.. If you are finding that your hair is too big, or thick, I'd say the LIKELY culprit is needing a haircut to help balance the style.

Lastly ladies please remember that nearly NONE of these vendors is gonna exchange hair for you.. So you need to educate yourself on the proper install methods, proper styling methods, and proper care of your weave. If you are expecting to put this hair in and not have to know ANY of this stuff, you will be in for a rough road with your weave.
BlackEsq View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 3:38am
Originally posted by DivaVocals DivaVocals wrote:

I need to add to this... a HUGE factor in the success of your install is to not install hair without having it cut and styled.. Do not be afraid of scissors.. Curly/wavy hair needs LAYERS to lay properly. You can get your hair cut and still preserve the length of your style with a skilled stylist.. If you are finding that your hair is too big, or thick, I'd say the LIKELY culprit is needing a haircut to help balance the style.

Lastly ladies please remember that nearly NONE of these vendors is gonna exchange hair for you.. So you need to educate yourself on the proper install methods, proper styling methods, and proper care of your weave. If you are expecting to put this hair in and not have to know ANY of this stuff, you will be in for a rough road with your weave.

Sorry DivaV, I know you are serious & this is really not funny but that last part has me cracking up!LOL I just keep picturing Boyz 2 Men singing "End of the Road."Okay, maybe I need to go to bed 'cause it's almost 5 a.m.

Great points though! Nitey night!
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic