Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Top Weave Stylists in S. Florida

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Taymom8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taymom8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top Weave Stylists in S. Florida
    Posted: Oct 28 2010 at 3:19am
Does anyone in South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale, Miami) install closures?  I have been looking for a top stylist who not only does weaves but can install closures.  When I call people who have been referred to me and ask about closures, they respond by saying, "what's that?"  

I am very frustrated!  The last person who I went to charged me $280 to install EP Wavy, had no knowledge of what a closure was and it was just an 'average' install.   Really wasn't worth the $$$$.  The cost wasn't a problem, just felt like she was way overpriced for her service.  I have done numerous searches on here, craiglist, internet, etc. and have come up empty.  Any help would be appreciated.  
Sponsored Links

MelleCouture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelleCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2010 at 7:25am
Hey! Do a forum search for AmandaB, she is really good and many of the south florida ladies go to her, myself included! Here is a link to her work and contact info also:

addie00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addie00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2010 at 8:06pm
I was going to suggest Amanda also. It looks like I was beat to the punch.

Edited by addie00 - Apr 23 2011 at 5:01pm
diamond33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamond33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 7:38pm
Yeppppp, Amanda B
intl_babygirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 6:38pm
Mr Seaborn at Celebrity status Salon  in miami
Ladysaw33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladysaw33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 2:53pm
Hi Ladies,
I've sent an email, left a voice mail and sent a text to Amanda B. but have received no response. Is anyone aware as to whether she is still intalling weaves?
I also looked at the link for the folks that moved from Atl to S. Florida - I just need to find someone who is reputable an knows what they're doing. I'm willing to go as far south as Miami all the way up to Ft. Pierce FL. The couple hours drive is worth it for the investment in having expensive hair installed correctly.
Thanks!!!
Ladysaw33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladysaw33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 3:48pm

I checked out your link and I did like what I saw. I was going to PM you my situation but I’ll share in case anyone else is having a similar issue.

Due to extensive heat and just bad management I cut my hair to a short pixie-ish style and got my last relaxer on 2/5 this year. Since then I’ve decided to transition to natural. About 2 weeks ago I got micro braids put in. It really wasn’t what I wanted to do but since I didn’t want to do another BC and I didn’t think my hair was long enough to cornrow for a sew in, I figured the micro’s would be a good temporary solution as long as I take care of it. So since I’ve already washed my micro’s about 3 times there is some slippage and I don’t think I will last the 6-8 weeks I intended. I’m hoping to get my sew in as soon as I take out these micros (hopefully I can hold on to the end of May or first week in June). My questions are: Is your price the same if I have no leave out? Can you do a sew in based on what I described my hair to be? The front is about 3 inches long and the sides and middle are about 2 ½ inches whereas the back was tapered and is about an inch to an inch and a half. I’m praying there will be some growth when I take down this hair. Do you think I should do a closure or have some leave-out although the hair is going to be short? I definitely want something like a natural curly in the Wagmans virgin hair but will go for your hair if there is a similar texture.

And finally do you have any pics of cury hair with closures (middle part)?

Thanks!!!!

intl_babygirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 6:41pm
is this person straght up advertising as a vendor ?
theAexperience View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theAexperience Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 7:14pm
No sweetie I'm answering a question!
addie00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addie00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2011 at 9:20pm
I suggest you contact Amanda_B..... (straight side eye on the potential vendor)^
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic