Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Top 5 Most Expensive Skin Treatment Prescriptions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Top 5 Most Expensive Skin Treatment Prescriptions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top 5 Most Expensive Skin Treatment Prescriptions
    Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 1:37am

Top 5 Most Expensive Skin Treatment Prescriptions

By Ian Goodwin on November 22, 2011

Updated on September 4, 2012

Skin care treatment has grown into an enormous industry. Since even a third of women suffer from some type of acne, the pharmaceutical companies have created a group of expensive medications to treat them. Five of them are prescriptions that prove to be the most expensive ones available.

Tazorac (tazarotene)

Tazorac is a topical cream that is helpful in dealing with acne. It cleans out the pores and helps them to stay clear. Besides acne, photo damage is also treated. Retinol is the effective active ingredient found in the medicine. Tazorac proves to be the most expensive of the group at one hundred and twenty-five dollars each tube.

Noritate (metronidazole)

Noritate is the treatment that works on both rosacea, or chronic redness, and acne. This topical cream is effective in destroying bacteria found underneath the surface of the skin. The skin of these victims is sensitive, and so this product should be used with care since it can irritate the skin. Noritate's advantage lies in the fact that it works well with drier skin. After insurance is used to pay for the medicine, it will cost another fifty dollars, making it the second most expensive skin treatment prescription.

MimyX

The newest treatment for eczema is a nonsteroidal cream called MimyX. This product was only recently approved by the Food and Drug Administration for use. It has no perfumes, emulsifiers, or dyes in it. It has to be applied directly to the afflicted places. The cream acts like the skin and allows hydration without creating pimples. The medication costs a hefty forty dollars after the insurance company pays their part.

Pandel (hydrocortisone probutate)

The fourth most costly of the prescription skin treatments is Pandel. This is a two function steroid cream used for treating acne. First, it dries out pimples to help them get well and go away. Then, it reduces the inflammation and pain. Once the insurance company has kicked in, it will still cost $35 each tube.

Duac

The last of the prescriptions for skin treatments that is considered here is Duac. Duac is actually a treatment containing an antibiotic clindamycin, as well as five percent benzoyl peroxide. It is used topically on individual spots that need help. The downside to the cream is that it is extremely drying, which will make your face feel too dry. Fortunately, your skin will adapt to this effect after you use it for a month. With insurance, it is only a ten dollar copay.

All five of these prescriptions are covered by the Honest Discounts free discount prescription card. Click here to print yours now!

By Ian Goodwin on November 22, 2011

Updated on September 4, 2012

Skin care treatment has grown into an enormous industry. Since even a third of women suffer from some type of acne, the pharmaceutical companies have created a group of expensive medications to treat them. Five of them are prescriptions that prove to be the most expensive ones available.

Sponsored Links

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 1:43am
What do people use for dark marks? I have scars on my legs I'd like to get rid of.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 1:49am
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

What do people use for dark marks? I have scars on my legs I'd like to get rid of.
 Some people swear by cocoa butter ........
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 1:51am
Meanwhile skin friendly supplements stay on BOGOF sale.

And baking soda, lemon juice and asprin are hella cheap to begin with.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 1:59am
The price of Azelex and Tazorac went up to about $300 per tube...
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:31am

Chemical peels have done the best for me. Clap I do them myself.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:50am

Raw shea butter works but it takes a few months
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:59am

full body exfoliation. do it as often as your skin can handle it ( i do it daily) and one day without you noticing it your scars will fade and or disappear. it will also make any products you use work better.
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 9:29am
i had tazorac before,  mines was like 108 but the insurance paid for it.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 9:45am
I'm looking for some supplements to balance my hormones though. i do research but hormones are tricky

I'd spend hundreds on blue light therapy at the derm, though

I'm obsessed with clear skin

Edited by Derri - Nov 26 2012 at 9:45am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair