Top 10 Lays Lays Potato Chip Flavors N China

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top 10 Lays Lays Potato Chip Flavors N China
    Posted: Sep 04 2010 at 4:58pm

potato chips copy

In the western world, we all have our favorite things. Favorite beer, favorite TV shows, favorite flavor of ice cream. We get used to these things. They become the comforts of our lives. We even have our favorite flavor of  potato chip, right? What happens though, when we leave the comforts of our world to go live in a completely strange and unusual land where our favorite things are thousands of miles away?  There’s not much you can do except find new favorites. If you are considering becoming an expat in China, it may make you happy to know that China has an abundance of Lay’s Potato Chips. But before you get too excited, you need to know that the flavors in China are completely different from those of the western world. Here, to make your transition to The Mysterious Orient that much easier, are the Top Ten flavors of Lay’s Potato Chips in China.

French Chicken

french chicken flavor

Perhaps a brainstorming session in the Chinese division of Lays Potato Chips went something like this: “I’m going to say a word, and I want you to say the first word to pop into your mind, and that’s the new flavor we will create. Okay… French.” And then sombody blurtted out “Chicken.” And then the first guy was like, “Cool! That will be our new flavor for China.” Then they sent the idea to the lab and told the flavor scientists to come up with something that would make sense if they called it “French Chicken.” The thing is though, it isn’t good at all. How does French Chicken supposed to taste, anyway? What is  French Chicken exactly? Does it have a terrible after-taste? Because these chips sure do.  French Chicken flavored Lays Potato Chips- Yuck!

Cucumber

cucumber

Imagine the taste of a cucumber. Pretty good, right? Refreshing? Cucumber slices are a great, healthy snacks. In a salad, they can not be beat. They even taste good lightly flavoring water, ala a lemon. But as a flavor of potato chip? Uhm… no.

Mexican Tomato Chicken

mexican tomato chicken

Here we go with chicken flavored potato chips again. There are some things that you naturally expect to taste like chicken, like, oh say… chicken. Chicken tasting like chicken on its own is great. Why force the flavor onto food products where it doesn’t belong? Seriously, are there even any chicken recipes that include potatoes? Why ruin the integrity of either product this way? The saving grace of this potato chip however, is the accompanying tomato taste. It gives it a nice little added zest that the French Chicken flavor so woefully lacked. Take that, France!

Blueberry

blueberry

You may say to yourself, “A potato chip flavored by the sweet, in-your-face flavor of the common blueberry? That’s crazy!” In theory, it does sound crazy. We’re not arguing that one bit.  But in actuality, you know what? The taste of the blueberry is underscored by the natural saltiness of the chip. The two actually compliment each other. A blueberry flavored potato chip? Yeah man, it actually works!

Lemon Tea

lemon tea

There is absolutely no reason to make a potato chip flavored with one of America’s favorite cool, refreshing beverages- lemon tea. But hey, why not? This is a very tasty and mellow chip. A light taste of lemon accented with a light taste of what seems to be Lipton Tea, mixed with the starchy goodness of a potato chip; it may sound a little unusual, but it’s really good.

Hot and Sour Fish Soup

hot and sour fish soup

Say you like the flavor of hot and sour fish soup, but you don’t feel like actually eating a bowl of hot and sour fish soup, and at the same time, you are craving potato chips. No worries! This chip has got you covered. Seriously, these chips are tasty. If there was a national taste of China, it would be Hot and Sour Fish Soup flavored potato chips from Lays. Yum!

Little Tomato

little tomato

“Little Tomato”- sounds like the name of an Asian cartoon character, does it not? “Hello Kitty, this is Little Tomato, and he is sad. Can you cheer him up?” These chips- seriously, they are good. The Western world world should be so lucky to have these on the shelves of  its super markets with its perfectly balanced zing of tomato taste. For real.

Italian Red Meat

Italian Red Meat

Ever been to a Subway Sandwich place and gotten one of their meatball subways? You know that flavor it has that makes it taste like what we Westerners assume to be “Italian?” These potato chips taste like that. They’re good!

Numb and Spicy Hot Pot

numb and spicey hoy pot

In the 1980’s, America’s number one treasure ( aside from Mary Lou Retton and Tootie from The Facts of Life) was a Cajun Chef named Justin Wilson. The Ruffles Potato Chip Company had this big idea to cash in on his success and get him to be the spokesperson for their newly developed chip, Cajun Spice. Numb and Spicy Hot Pot Flavor tastes a lot like those old chips, only  Asian. That is to say, they taste very very good. They are infinitely more fun to eat, however, if you imagine the dude pictured on the bag saying, “Dis is just a flat old tater chip. It’s just flat. It’s just a potato. But not this! It’s a new Numb and Spicy Hot Pot Flavor from Lays that you’re gonna love, I garontee!”

hot pot

And the number one Lays Potato Chip flavor in China is…

American Classic

American Classic 2

Perfect in its simplicity. A potato chip flavored with salt. What else does it need? American Classic indeed.

American Classic

Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2010 at 5:06pm
the chinese palate and mine do not mix.  this is why i don't eat chinese food...amongst many other reasons.
rowenah14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowenah14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2010 at 5:08pm
Blueberry? Dead
coilyartist View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coilyartist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2010 at 5:16pm
i like the lays chips from India...like Masala and such...they are tasty
chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2010 at 5:40pm
Ooooh I want the numb and spicy hot pot
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2010 at 5:56pm
7 & 6    eeewwww!!! i just cant.... & I'll try foods once but this?

naw! I cant    they messed up my chips..Angry
MsToyLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsToyLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2010 at 6:00pm
The cucumber intrigues me........
deonshane View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deonshane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2010 at 6:15pm
hot and sour fish soup
AllyOrNotAlly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllyOrNotAlly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2010 at 6:21pm
The blueberry confuses me....
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2010 at 6:25pm
LOL! A Polish lady told me that this is what they say about the Chinese:
They eat everything in the air except the plane, everything in the land except for cars, and everything in the sea except for submarines.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic