FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Tooth sensitivity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tooth sensitivity
    Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 7:35am
I used some Crest 3D White Strips for 2 hours yesterday and my teeth are still hurting. Is there anything I can do to alleviate it? It's driving me crazy. I see a noticeable difference already but I can't continue with the regimen today...
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 7:38am
tooth sensitivity is common with teeth whitening.  im pretty prone to sensitivity so avoid whitening agents.  i even noticed using peroxide causes sensitivity.  youre best bet is to stop.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 7:50am
2 hours? Wow. What tatee said. Give it a break. If u feel u want more white I'd do another treatment in 7 days or summin' depending on the level of sensitivity. IMO.

Edited by newdiva1 - Aug 18 2013 at 7:51am
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 8:10am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

2 hours? Wow. What tatee said. Give it a break. If u feel u want more white I'd do another treatment in 7 days or summin' depending on the level of sensitivity. IMO.

That's the time suggested for maximum impact with the 3D. I am going to stop for a week or so at least.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 9:10am
^^^^OIC.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 10:42am
Get some Sensodyne, it'll stop the pain...
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:02am
Those strips are already super strong.......i like pluss white.....its cheaper too.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 12:50pm
Yeah, I whitened my teeth with those and I'm suffering tooth sensitivity. It comes with the territory of teeth whitening at home with peroxide because hydrogen peroxide is cytotoxic and any contact with it will increase tooth sensitivity thanks to receding gums exposing dentin.

The treatment isn't going to destroy your gums. But if you have any exposed dentin, it's not going to feel good.

I find that using mouthwash often helps to kill bacteria and allow the gums to grow back. Using a nerve-suppressing toothpaste also helps but make sure its actually coating your enamel and dentin and  supporting gum growth.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

That's the time suggested for maximum impact with the 3D. I am going to stop for a week or so at least.

As a user who did four days, I definitely do not recommend doing all treatments one right after the other. It is STRONG. Wait some days between treatments. I did four sessions on each consecutive day and by the fourth treatment, I had to stop after 30 minutes because a part of my lower jaw was actually eroded and bleeding. The treatment turned it WHITE with this foam I couldn't remove and it was too painful but after I stopped, it went away within an hour. But I could see how raw my gum was and knew it was time to stop.

On the bright side though, my teeth are sparkling!
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 1:30pm
A graduating dentist once gave me a personal whitening kit as a present for helping her.  But before I was to use it, she told me to brush my teeth with a sensitivity toothpaste (I believe she gave me sensodyne) for a week or so before you start.  This was supposed to preempt any sensitivity.

Now I actually didn't do the treatment, but it may help.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic